Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Talk about team building!

Dinner with Phil Kessel or Phil Mickelson? Answer: Phil Mickelson

:huh:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'm not talking about travel, my God. Playing in the AHL, then the NHL, then back to the A, then up and down and up.

Holy crap, not hard to understand.

I'm sure they are quite happy to be called up.

GoodNewfieBoy

We got a guy
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary
Okay, so they are happy for the time being yes.

My point is the LONG TERM DEVELOPMENT of these players. Dubas came out and said "no matter how good Connor Brown plays we won't call him up, because long term it's better he stays with the Marlies". I guess the same doesn't apply for Percy and Leivo, even though they only have one whopping year of development in the A.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site

My point is the LONG TERM DEVELOPMENT of these players. Dubas came out and said "no matter how good Connor Brown plays we won't call him up, because long term it's better he stays with the Marlies". I guess the same doesn't apply for Percy and Leivo, even though they only have one whopping year of development in the A.

You're right. We should go out and sign over the hill free agents instead when we need bodies.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
No trade coming, it's what teams do when their playoff hopes are over, call up some prospects to see what you have so you can know what you need.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON

Gonna get even more interesting for us without our best defender....

This might be the best thing to happen to the Leafs. I hope Phanuef recovers quickly,so he can be traded at the deadline

No Phanuef though eh? Probably means the tank will still continue which is nice to see.

grenade

Jan 6, 2009
mountains
I'm not talking about travel, my God. Playing in the AHL, then the NHL, then back to the A, then up and down and up.

Holy crap, not hard to understand.

but how is this ruining their development?

Every team gets injuries... every team calls up from their farm club, every team then sends players back down...

the only difference as already mentioned is that we can very easily do it being in the same city.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
I also don't understand why we do ring around the rosie with call-ups...

- Leivo, Ashton, Frattin, Percy and Kozun start with the Leafs
- Leivo sent down
- Carrick called up
- Percy sent down
- Leivo called up
- Smith called up
- Carrick sent down
- Frattin sent down
- Leivo sent down
- Kozun sent down
- Mckegg called up
- Bodie called up
- Ashton sent down
- Carrick called up
- Frattin called up
- Carrick sent down
- Bodie sent down
- Percy called up
- Percy sent down
- Granberg called up
- Leivo called up

Apparently this is accomplishing something. And somehow, through all this, Smith has remained with 3 points in 32 games playing 10 minutes a game...

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
Talk about team building!

Dinner with Phil Kessel or Phil Mickelson? Answer: Phil Mickelson

:huh:
Dinner with kessel may be short on conversation. And with mikkelson you can always ask a bunch of golf questions to help in your extended summers.

Tyler Biggs*

Bring back Colton Orr and let him just start hitting guys in the corners, intimidation is lacking on this team! Just a thought!

skacore

Nov 7, 2010
Bring back Colton Orr and let him just start hitting guys in the corners, intimidation is lacking on this team! Just a thought!

Love the idea but I don't see it happening. I wish we would at least start grooming Carrick for the 4th line role. Give Leivo some playing time soon... stop wasting time on Booth/Smith/Clarkson, let the young guns play

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

No, the same development doesn't apply to all players. Some need more development, some need less. Each individual is different.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga

- Leivo sent down
- Carrick called up
- Percy sent down
- Leivo called up
- Smith called up
- Carrick sent down
- Frattin sent down
- Leivo sent down
- Kozun sent down
- Mckegg called up
- Bodie called up
- Ashton sent down
- Carrick called up
- Frattin called up
- Carrick sent down
- Bodie sent down
- Percy called up
- Percy sent down
- Granberg called up
- Leivo called up

Apparently this is accomplishing something. And somehow, through all this, Smith has remained with 3 points in 32 games playing 10 minutes a game...

They are rewarding their prospects with NHL pay checks and sending them down again. Pretty simple really. It's a luxury the Leafs have with the Marlies just down the road.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

- Leivo sent down
- Carrick called up
- Percy sent down
- Leivo called up
- Smith called up
- Carrick sent down
- Frattin sent down
- Leivo sent down
- Kozun sent down
- Mckegg called up
- Bodie called up
- Ashton sent down
- Carrick called up
- Frattin called up
- Carrick sent down
- Bodie sent down
- Percy called up
- Percy sent down
- Granberg called up
- Leivo called up

What do you expect them to do lol?

Did you just start following this team a few weeks ago?

It's not a very deep team, and it's not a very healthy team, and it's not a team that has an abundance of health.

One thing I do commend them on - they generally try and reward guys playing well in the minors, with call-ups.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Are you aware he was demoted and currently playing in the ECHL?

He just wants to see meatheads in the game. Some good ol fashioned fighting regardless of the fact that fighting is down league wide (with good reason) and our fighters can't actually play hockey. This worst thing about tanking is having to read all of these posts about bringing Orr/McLaren/Broll up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad