Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Funny how some people said Sudbury was going to be the Petes of this years playoffs :laugh::laugh:
Sudbury was lacking in several areas that were part of the Petes strength last year. They did not have a goaltender like Michael Simpson, a coach like Rob Wilson or a defence first focus that Peterborough had. Sudbury had a good offence, a few good defensive forwards and a veteran defence but it was not enough for them to go any further than they did.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Sudbury was lacking in several areas that were part of the Petes strength last year. They did not have a goaltender like Michael Simpson, a coach like Rob Wilson or a defence first focus that Peterborough had. Sudbury had a good offence, a few good defensive forwards and a veteran defence but it was not enough for them to go any further than they did.
Getting Mckoy couldn't overcome the bad dressing room

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Anyone explain to me how the Petes won the title last year. I love that it happened!
They were the better team. After a bad second half which was caused in part it took time for the team to gel and illness and injury to several key players the reached their full potential potential in the playoffs. They were played a defence first game, scored timely goals, got great goaltending, played physical and most important played as a team. Many fans of the teams Peterborough eliminated in the playoffs like to offer excuses of why their team lost but the fact is Peterborough was the better team.

Last edited:

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Beautiful story. I just quit on the Greyhounds. 32 years of nothing!
1713974561541.png

?

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
He wasn’t terrible in Peterborough. He was key part of our Championship win last year. The difference was likely coaching.
I'm being sarcastic, this is the third time this guy has referred to him as McKoy. Spelling a name ain't hard. He was easily the wolves best d-man in the playoffs. I wish Taylor all the best in Peterborough.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I'm being sarcastic, this is the third time this guy has referred to him as McKoy. Spelling a name ain't hard. He was easily the wolves best d-man in the playoffs. I wish Taylor all the best in Peterborough.
Caden Taylor has been touted as being the next Brennan Othmann. He is a big part of the Petes future. If Donovan McCoy comes back for his overage season I hope he is named the Wolves’ captain. I truly believe if he had been their captain this year he may have been able to help mend the reported toxic issues in the dressing room. It is hard to do that as a newcomer and I with no official leadership role.

• Haha
Reactions: djscooter

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
You must be a teacher... you guys needed 4 more of him to straighten that room out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad