Peterborough Petes 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Now there's a name I haven't heard of.... interesting looking player for sure.

Petes scheduled to pick 9/69 but hopefilly enough people pass that the second pick moves up a fair bit... I wonder if they have somebody in mind for pick 9 and are hoping they can wait until pick two for Kirk.
Should be able to land 2 good ones...have to...

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
I read that the new coach likes Liam Kirk. Wilson has connections to Kirk's team. I would assume that he will be our 9th overall pick. Trying to see who will be available at 69th for a D man

19PeterboroughKirk, Liam6.00.251602000-01-03LWSheffield SteelersBritish
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Petes select LW Erik Cermak from Czech Republic with their second selection. Born in 2001, LW, 5'10.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
LW - Gogolev(00),
Robertson(01), Kirk(00), Isaacson(99), Cermak(01)

C - Der-Arguchintsev(00), Gallant(99), Hinz(00), Paquette(98)

RW - Timleck(98), Dow(98), Denault(00), Parker Jones(00), Butler(02)

D - Osmanski(98), Timms(98), Chisholm(00), Fraser(99),Beraldo(00), McNamara(00), Supryka(01), Spearing(02)

G - Wells
(98), Jones(00), Curran(00), Austin(02)

This team isn't going to be very good.

Radzy

Aug 28, 2012
with 6 '98 players on the team we will have to find 3 of them places to play. I doubt Wells is back. I doubted Dow waived his NCAA to play one year. My three OA's would be Paquette, Dow and Osmanski. I would also hang on to the rights of Wells just in case. I know Paquette isnt signed so he should be back as an OA. will be interesting to see if any more moves are done between now and July 1st if not than we are going to have to wait until August

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
with 6 '98 players on the team we will have to find 3 of them places to play. I doubt Wells is back. I doubted Dow waived his NCAA to play one year. My three OA's would be Paquette, Dow and Osmanski. I would also hang on to the rights of Wells just in case. I know Paquette isnt signed so he should be back as an OA. will be interesting to see if any more moves are done between now and July 1st if not than we are going to have to wait until August

You would keep Dow and Paquette over Timleck? Do you not want to score any goals next season....

Reactions: Zebra

viewfromabove

Nov 29, 2017
LW - Gogolev(00),

D - Osmanski(98), Timms(98), Chisholm(00), Fraser(99),Beraldo(00), McNamara(00), Supryka(01), Spearing(02)

G - Wells

Looks like a good young team to me that has a lot of upside. Didn’t lose a d-man and I think gogolev and Robertson are poised for big years Don’t be so negative. They’re going in the right direction. This coach is going to surprise people. And Gainey on board is huge.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Looks like a good young team to me that has a lot of upside. Didn’t lose a d-man and I think gogolev and Robertson are poised for big years Don’t be so negative. They’re going in the right direction. This coach is going to surprise people. And Gainey on board is huge.

I love this positive attitude!
I am on board and buying in !!

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Every year people say the same damn thing where will we score goals!!! It’s not the issue, they need to prevent goals

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Every year people say the same damn thing where will we score goals!!! It’s not the issue, they need to prevent goals

And despite having Korostelev, DeNoble and Ang last year, we had the 3rd fewest goals in the Eastern Conference. Only Sudbury (worst team in the entire league) and North Bay (Stan Butler doesn't let them play offence) scored less than we did

That sure sounds like it was an issue...

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Have any of our '98s requested a trade?
At one point Timms was not returning -is this still the case?

viewfromabove

Nov 29, 2017
Prevention will come when the new coach holds players accountable for playing 200 feet of ice. How many odd man rushes did we give up last year. Or a d-man coming from behind our net with no one to give it to? nd maybe our power play won’t give up 20 plus goals against? Let’s hold all accountable before throwing goalies and Dmen under the bus. Lol.

Radzy

Aug 28, 2012
You would keep Dow and Paquette over Timleck? Do you not want to score any goals next season....

I think this because Paquette was drafted and could have a great year under new coach and Dow didnt give up NCAA for 1 year. Plus i think Timleck needs a change of scenery just my opinion. Timms i think wants yo be traded still. They must of convinced Fraser to stay not taking a Dman unless the are going ro flip him and Timms for other Dman. Chisholm, Gogolev, SDA, Robertson, Gallant should all have monster years as well. I wouldnt mind if the oyher Robertson comes ti Peterborough that would give us even more scoring threat. Any ideas on what the lines are going to look like? What is everyones ideas on the OA?

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
LW - Gogolev(00),

G - Wells

Gogolev - SDA - Timleck

Kirk - Robertson - Hinz

Parker Jones? - Gallant - Dow/Paquette

Partridge - Cermak - Butler

Chisholm - Fraser

Osmanski - Beraldo

Supryka - McNamara

Spearing

Last edited:

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
Two LWers in the draft. If they thought they still had a good chance at Cuylle, isn't that an odd choice to make?

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Two LWers in the draft. If they thought they still had a good chance at Cuylle, isn't that an odd choice to make?

It is interesting. Although, I thought I read that both Cermak and Kirk could play centre. Haven't been able to find much of anything on Cermak.... qny luck Petes1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia