Peter Mueller

LWD

Apr 2, 2006
Actually, I thought his original post was right on. Nobody on the PG team played physically hardly at all this season, which is why they were so dissapointing until the playoffs. Setoguchi spent alot of time at the far blueline awaiting the long stretch pass, even in the playoffs. He gets off not playing physically because he scores goals, whereas playing for Kevin Constantine, if you don't play in your own end, you don't play.

I thought Peter Mueller virtually carried his team past the Chiefs in the first round, the goal he scored in game 6 was and epic 1 man effort, after he scored that goal I said to the people around me "there goes the series" because he came out firing on all cylinders. The only reason Prince George eliminated them is because they somehow found that afformentioned checking game and put alot of pressure on the Silvertip defense.

That's funny maybe you should ask Dean Clark if all Setoguchi did was hang out at the blueline. Clark described Seto as unstoppable and the best player in the WHL. And all PG did was knock off the No.1 ranked team in the country, maybe ask Constantine if he would have liked Seto on his team. As for the other comment about Mueller out playing Seto in any way is way off. how can anyone say Mueller is physical, I never seen him throw a body check the whole series. Setoguchi played huge minutes and in both ends of the rink delivering big hits every game something Mueller is not capable of.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
That's funny maybe you should ask Dean Clark if all Setoguchi did was hang out at the blueline. Clark described Seto as unstoppable and the best player in the WHL. And all PG did was knock off the No.1 ranked team in the country, maybe ask Constantine if he would have liked Seto on his team. As for the other comment about Mueller out playing Seto in any way is way off. how can anyone say Mueller is physical, I never seen him throw a body check the whole series. Setoguchi played huge minutes and in both ends of the rink delivering big hits every game something Mueller is not capable of.

This just in: "Seto" is getting warm in the summer heat... you had better go do your job (as his biggest fanboy) and go cool him off.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.

Did I offend you with my comments? :sarcasm:

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
Mueller definitely doesn't have the power that Forsberg does, but he's excellent when it comes to puck protection. Basically, the comparison comes from the fact that both players excel in all facets of the game and draw a ton of respect from the opposing team. When the puck is on the player's stick, he is controlling the game at his own speed.

Those of you who were quick to shove this post back in PhoPhan's face, take a closer look.

This is the most fair comparison I've seen on this board. Read it closer, nobody was comparing him to Peter Forsberg's level, simply comparing his playing style. He protects the puck, distributes the puck, and is the same style of passer/playmaker as Forsberg. Imagine if Peter Forsberg was a 20 goal, 50 assist guy who didn't lay people out with high elbows. That's Peter Mueller, spot on IMO.

Sounds like Frolov.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I think I could live with that, but I see Mueller as a little bit grittier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad