Status
Not open for further replies.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Continue here.

Some posts:

When the East praised us, we got Eakins

lots of bruin fans say he's a very good gm who was pressured and got a little complacent after they won the cup. Fair criticism. Luckily for oiler fans we are about 1000 lightyears away from that point.

Obsrvations on Chia.

Intelligent, strong, force to contend with, intuitive, confident, won't accept less than what it takes.

Interesting comments on strong sticks, not needing to be heavy, but play heavy and I really detected that even from a GM, POHO perspective he's going to be front center in directing some style of play initiative once he figures out the best play for this group of players.

My sum take on Nicholson is those people half assing it or pretending to do a job will be replaced by those that will and that bring real energy and diligence into the positions. Out with lazy, out with Laforge, MacT, and K Lowe just maintained in a figurehead role.

Man, this Chia guy has some Tony Soprano in him. Not someone I'd mess with

Bruins fans can suck it. This is the best week the Oilers have had in at least 9 years.

Nicholson is everyone's bro. Seriously. The guy is at the helm of Canada, and we win everything. Comes over to Edmonton and this happens.

Hahaha, in an alternate universe, this board has 15 people on it all bickering about the same OBC garbage.

man...Chia had the big three in Ottawa when they went to the playoffs (Alfy, Spezza, All star) but now he gets to work with what might be a big 6 (Hall, McDavid, Nuge, Ebs, Yak, Draistil)

Can we get Nicholson hitting Lowe with a chair?

Our bodies are ready. Don't disappoint us Fitter. No pressure though. ;)

If you make it with clips of Lowe and MacT spliced in it, use this song

:sarcasm:

MMMMMMM good question Better go with BOB for clearing our the OBC

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
You mods need to post a warning post at the end of threads before locking them saying 'lock and new thread imminent' or something. I've lost three posts in the last two days because after typing in my lengthy post I get the message that the thread no longer exists.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
You mods need to post a warning post at the end of threads before locking them saying 'lock and new thread imminent' or something. I've lost three posts in the last two days because after typing in my lengthy post I get the message that the thread no longer exists.

This is a thankful problem meaning that the board and org, and team have just become vital and worth talking about again.

I'll take thousand post threads and threads being closed due to full and having that happen over the alternative which was cobwebs here.

I lost a post as well, no biggy.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Replacement said:
Obsrvations on Chia.

Intelligent, strong, force to contend with, intuitive, confident, won't accept less than what it takes.

Interesting comments on strong sticks, not needing to be heavy, but play heavy and I really detected that even from a GM, POHO perspective he's going to be front center in directing some style of play initiative once he figures out the best play for this group of players.

My sum take on Nicholson is those people half assing it or pretending to do a job will be replaced by those that will and that bring real energy and diligence into the positions. Out with lazy, out with Laforge, MacT, and K Lowe just maintained in a figurehead role.

Man, this Chia guy has some Tony Soprano in him. Not someone I'd mess with

One thing is certain. He has a direction he wants to take this team. It's quite the difference than MacT's press conference a week ago with his "who knows what/who will ignite our team" comments.

There's going to be some casualties I think. Probably some ones that are going to sting. I 1/2 anticipate having my heart broken a little bit by some of the moves because of the attachments I feel with lots of these players. But Chiarelli's message is a hell of a lot better than the bi-monthly flip flopping on players/plan/coaches that MacT trotted out.

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
I actually really like MacT and think he has a good hockey mind. I just thought he was thrown into the GM position without much support. I hope he stays around as Assistant GM.

I'm with you on this, plus he coached our team to what would have been a stanley cup had rolo not got injured.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Feels good to be an oilers fan right now. I haven't been this happy for a long time. McDavid, New GM/POHO, Lowe and MacT out, possibility of McLellan/Babcock, ____.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
This is a thankful problem meaning that the board and org, and team have just become vital and worth talking about again.

I'll take thousand post threads and threads being closed due to full and having that happen over the alternative which was cobwebs here.

I lost a post as well, no biggy.

It's so nice to have this place bumpin' again. I completely understood why it was empty, but it sucked.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I'm just really curious about which guys Chia will go after in terms of making the Oilers tougher to play against. Any ideas?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Katz's official statement is up on the Oilers website:

“I want to thank Kevin, Patrick and Craig for their commitment and contributions to the Oilers over the past many years. No one should question the heart, integrity, dedication or capability of any of these individuals. Each has done great things for the team and our city, but it was simply time for a change. We will honour their contributions and treasure their continued friendship. Once an Oilers, always an Oiler. I also want to commend Bob Nicholson on his leadership and welcome Peter Chiarelli aboard. Together, we are committed to making the Oilers a Stanley Cup contender.”

Lowe's response:

“I support Bob in the changes he has implemented and I am very excited about the bright future for the Edmonton Oilers, the City of Edmonton and Oilers fans everywhere,” said Kevin Lowe. “It has been an honour to represent the Oilers both on and off the ice, and I look forward to my new role in the organization.”

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

You need to pay attention to the post count in the thread, if it is >950 then you should save your novel for the next thread.

Jun 9, 2011
TERRIFIED that we are going to end up with Phaneuf from one of the multiple main board trades.

Chiarelli doesn't know our players, he is from a different conference, he has a history of trading great young guys, supposedly becomes too loyal to his old players, left Boston with some hefty contracts for older guys.

Time will tell, but right now he is my nightmare.

Habitat

Mar 8, 2010
Winnipeg
As a canucks fan im just here to say congrats. You guys deserve this so much after putting up with lowe and mact for the 10 years.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
He turned Boston around, so you can't argue with that. Yes, he made a few mistakes that didn't go his way, but no one is perfect. Go down the list, every GM does something that doesn't pan out. The fact is, he's one of the most respected people in the league, so that will really help things moving forward.

The only thing I'm worried about is him going all willy nilly and trading the top players. He's a smart guy though, so he'll determine if it needs to happen down the road. For now though, I'm just happy with Bob N taking over and now this.

I actually really like MacT and think he has a good hockey mind. I just thought he was thrown into the GM position without much support. I hope he stays around as Assistant GM.

I agree. I've always thought he did a decent job and I've made it known throughout the few years he was in charge. Yes, the two big mistakes with keeping Eakins too long and not being able to get a good center to start the season was a big negative, but the reality is he did what he could as no one wants to come to EDM, so his choices were limited in the end.

By getting McDavid, the new arena opening in 2016 and now the moves made, I hope finally players will want to play in Oil Country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad