Rumor: Peter Chiarelli is not done?

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Bob Stauffer hinted on Inside sports earlier tonight that the avs and oilers could work something out with Tyson Barrie.
He was right about Larsson and Hall yesterday. Is Bob trying to give the fans some
heads up like he did with Hall?

Who would be going to Colorado?

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Just to get this out there:

Not interested in Eberle in the slightest. Especially considering what Oilers gave up for Larsson.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
oh **** here we go

after that Hall trade were probably gonna have to give up Draisaitl+ for Barrie..

mdobbs

Oct 21, 2010
I can't see Barrie being cheap he's arguably the Avs best Dman.

I'd think it'd have to be something like Eberle + Klefbom/Nurse +?

Oct 18, 2011
Gotta hand it to Chiarelli, he is trying to build an actual hockey team, not a fantasy team of which on paper HF boards drools over, but in actuality is not very good.

HF boards posters cling to a players potential and draft position far to much, the object is to build a winning team and I bet a week from now the Oilers will be far better balanced, than they were at the end of the season.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
This offensive defenseman is probably coming from one of 3 teams:

Avs (Barrie)
Wild (Dumba blegh)
Sens (Ceci eeeh)

Edit: Shatty is also possibility

keslerbomb

Dec 13, 2011
Victoria
Gotta hand it to Chiarelli, he is trying to build an actual hockey team, not a fantasy team of which on paper HF boards drools over, but in actuality is not very good.

HF boards posters cling to a players potential and draft position far to much, the object is to build a winning team and I bet a week from now the Oilers will be far better balanced, than they were at the end of the season.

Pretty sure everyone knows that the Oilers are a better, more balanced team as a result of the trade. It's just hard to believe that Larsson was the absolute best return that they could have gotten for one of the best LWers in the league who's 25 years old.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
This offensive defenseman is probably coming from one of 3 teams:

Avs (Barrie)
Wild (Dumba blegh)
Sens (Ceci eeeh)

Edit: Shatty is also possibility

As a sens fan I don't want to deal Ceci, that being said after the hall deal I would definitely listen to Edmonton. Could steal something nice

Oct 18, 2011
Pretty sure everyone knows that the Oilers are a better, more balanced team as a result of the trade. It's just hard to believe that Larsson was the absolute best return that they could have gotten for one of the best LWers in the league who's 25 years old.
Really, do you honestly think he traded Taylor Hall on a whim, without surveying the landscape? Like I said Hall is not as valuable as HF thinks he is.

PsychoDad

Apr 20, 2007
Berlin
I don't get this obsession with Hall. His numbers are sliding for the second year in a row, he is constantly injured, he lacks leadership skills and is not good at defense. He might reform himself in NJ, but I think the ship long sailed in Edmonton. By the time they are competitive again in 3 years they will have Puljujarvi probably already firing on all cylinders.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
if Larsson cost the Oilers Hall, I cannot imagine what Barrie would cost the Oilers... good god

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Not quite the same Stauffer rumoring he was throwing out when Larsson rumors were flying. It sounds more like speculation that Oilers could look at Barrie, that speculation based on the results on Colorado's arbitration with Barrie.

Would love Barrie on the Oilers. Would do Eberle + but not RNH +

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Not quite the same Stauffer rumoring he was throwing out when Larsson rumors were flying. It sounds more like speculation that Oilers could look at Barrie, that speculation based on the results on Colorado's arbitration with Barrie.

Would love Barrie on the Oilers. Would do Eberle + but not RNH +

Of course you would. I highly doubt the Avs do that though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad