Prospect Info: Pet prospects

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Besides our "bigger name" guys like Morrissey, Petan, and Comrie, I have been very interested in the last few years with Lowry and the last year with Lipon.

Obviously we need Morrissey to turn out, Petan has been putting up a tonne of points and we're waiting to see how he will do at the next level, and Comrie (along with Helle and Hutch) represent potentially our goalies of the future, but I think if guys like Lowry and Lipon (and Kosmo), can also make the jump to the NHL (in a most likely middle 6 role for guys like Kosmo and possibly Lowry, and bottom 6 for possibly Lowry and Lipon), those might be the type of graduations that start to put the Jets into the next level.

Not saying that they are more important than Morrissey becoming at worst a 2nd pair guy, or Comrie becoming a legit goalie, because those things have to happen too. But I think it's the teams that get significant contributions from young (and cheap) guys, and sometimes unheralded guys that go far. Plus, I would think we might need the types of games that hopefully these guys can bring one day to compete with the Kings of the league.

I hope that both Lowry and Lipon can improve again next season, and both get some game action with the Jets here and there.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
There's a couple of guys I have unreasonable optimism for:

1) Kitchton- Would love to have just one more thing to rub in Garth Snows face

2) Lowry- Really like the size attributes

3) Comrie- Who doesn't hope and pray for a superstar G wearing the Jet one day?

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
F: Petan
D: Morrissey
G: Hellebuyck

Petan is probably my favourite though, he has elite potential, but the odds are kinda stacked against him. I hope size does not limit his game in the pro leagues.
I'm also really fond of Kosmachuk, I hope we does well in the AHL

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I look at two tiers in this thread.....first rounds studs who all hold an important "high value" place in my heart. But for me each year I like to take a later round underdog.

2011 it was Zach Yuen
2012 it was Lowry
2013 at the start of the year I called Lippy as my favorite prospect.
2014 I will wait for the draft but my guess will be Kossy in the AHL and Lodge in the CHL.

Overall underdog favorite is Lippy just because he brings it all every game and will do anything for his team to win. I can't help cheering for him. I think he could be an important roll player-fan favorite for the Jets one day.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
No doubt about it, Lippy is my favourite. I think he'll surprise and also think he has more offense in him than many think.

#2 is Helly.

#3 is Kosmo. Hoping one day that Petan will be our Hawerchuk and Kosmo will be his Paul McLean.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
No doubt about it, Lippy is my favourite. I think he'll surprise and also think he has more offense in him than many think.

#2 is Helly.

#3 is Kosmo. Hoping one day that Petan will be our Hawerchuk and Kosmo will be his Paul McLean.

But who gets to be Brian Mullin?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1