Prospect Info: Pet prospects

JCLiponfanboy*

Which players in each position are your Pet prospects?
Mine are:
F: JC Lipon
D: Julian Melchiori
G: Jason Kasdorf

Lord JC
443203_eb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I was looking at getting a cat, but I think a gecko is a lot lower maintenance.

For me, it's Redmond. The guy has battled so hard and to me he just seems like a guy who won't stop till he is a regular, solid defenseman in the NHL. He's the kind of guy who just wills himself into a long career.

StaticPrevails

Oct 6, 2011
Edmonton
Hellebuyck, I follow goalies a lot closer and have very high hopes for him. The fact that we have Hutch and Comrie in the rafters as well makes me a giddy schoolgirl.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Hellebuyck, I follow goalies a lot closer and have very high hopes for him. The fact that we have Hutch and Comrie in the rafters as well makes me a giddy schoolgirl.

Laughing, 'cause you're doin' it to me
Laughing, it ain't the way it should be
You took away everything I had
You put the hurt on me

Think about it................seemed appropriate considering your post and profile pic. :)

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I tab my "pet prospects" as players who I suspect will take a step forward or impress above expectations in their next season.

Was Telegin

Then Olsen and O'Dell

Then Hutch, Lipon and Copp

Next year, probably Lodge and... not sure who else yet.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Klingberg. I like what he can do. He has size and speed, and the ability to occasionally finish, including the willingness to go to the net. I would like to see both him and Eric O as regulars in our bottom six next year.

NBjet

May 24, 2014
I'd like to see Morrissey push Stuart back to the bottom pair where he belongs, right out of the gate, and I'd like to see Redmond as Stu's partner. And on the Rock I'm hoping Kossy and Hellebuyck will kick some butt!

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
My initial pet prospect was Klingberg. Really like him in his 2011 callups and love his goofy look.

then he took a serious step backward.

So my next prospect was sutter. we all know how that turned out.

...Now i'm trying not to pick pet Prospects but if I had to it would probably be Kosmo, Lipon or Kichton.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Petan for me. I just love looking something up on him and seeing his stat line. His size makes him really easy to cheer for as well.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
In 2011....... I chose Odell as my pet prospect way back in his 1st year in the AHL . I started rooting for him in the first half of the year when he was having trouble even getting into the Caps lineup. I liked his offence # s in the OHL and hoped they would translate to Pro. I liked that he was a relative high draft choice (mid2nd) and that we traded Anahiem for him. I also was rooting for him due to the heart problems he had ......... forcing him to miss almost a year from the OHL.

He has not made it yet ...........but three years later ...... he is almost there.:yo:

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
I'd like to see Chiarot get another chance. McCambridge was happy with his play this season, and his only game with the Jets didn't go well when he was paired with Pardy.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
In 2011 prospects camp in B.C. I also started rooting hard for Redmond. I liked the way he interviewed as his mannerisms reminded me of a cool cousin I have (who also played Div 1 NCAA). Then I saw that the Kid had some game. I have been rooting hard for him since.

I hope the Jets resign him as I believe his game still has more upside to it.:handclap:

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Agree with Dean here, definitely redmond. I'd say kulda but that ship has sailed. Also want to see how albert turns out.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I always viewed Pet Prospect as someone who isn't a big name or blue chip, but you think will grow into a goodun.

2011 I didn't really have one. I'd say Melchiori but he was known and I wasn't big into prospects then.

2012 I was pumping Kossy's tires durring our top 20 summer prospect vote. Sutter was voted way ahead and I kept saying just you wait, Lowry and Kosmachuk are better. Sutter came in at 9, Lowry 11 and Kosmachuk at 13.

2013 I went full Euro with Kostalek and Karlstrom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad