Injury Report: Pesce Diagnosed with Concussion...

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
My guess is Dhalbeck will get in the next game over McKeown, but if there are any struggles, he may get in the next game. This may be a big chance for him as he struggled last year on the AHL and IMO, is losing ground to other prospects.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I'll be surprised if the Canes drop McKeown right into the line-up ahead of Dhalbeck. McKeown struggled last year and was an early cut in camp. Seems to me he's more of an insurance call-up vs. a guy they are dropping into the line-up. I guess we'll see.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I hate this for the simple reason that it gives us yet another excuse to lose winable games. Every team gets injuries. The Ducks beat us with half their team out, including probably their two best players. If we lose one or both of these next two games, it won't be because we're without Pesce (or Stempniak).

Secondly, I can't imagine Peters is too excited about playing Dahlbeck after the way he played earlier this season. It's the one time his borderline obsessive need to have left shots on the left and right shots on the right may pay off for us, and McKeown will see ice.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I don't get it all "McKeown was terrible last season". It's just the same as "Fleury is bust". The kid was fine, especially in the second half of the season.

If you watched him and say he was ok, then fine. I saw only a little of him and he didn't look great when I did. Everything I read said he had a lot of ups and downs (IIRC, he even said that himself). I like McKeown and want him to succeed, but even in this camp, he was cut earlier than a few other defenseman.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina

giphy.gif

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
I’m with Boom, McKeown is an insurance backup. Dahlbeck will play on his offside.

I think either Dahlbeck or McKeown is a big step down...neither’s play this year has inspired confidence, but Dahlbeck had some moments last year...so whichever one plays will cause us to lose both of the next two games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad