Persson's 2002 hit on Domi

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Neither do I - you can't expect one guy to be the bastion of integrity, when everybody else out there is diving and faking every chance they get too.

Still, you gotta wonder what would happen if these guys took all the effort they put into cheating to win, and re-allocated it to playing to win.

Aren't I just the naive idealist... :laugh:

It's not one or the other. It's just a competitive nature. Corey Perry is just one example. If you think he isn't doing everything he can to win, you're out too lunch. If I got the chance to sneak something by the ref when I played Junior that helped me out, I took that every time. I played to win, and did whatever helped me to win within reason. (I'm not talking diving)

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Ugh. I was irate when he went down. It was Domi for chrissakes.... Pat Quinn had the refs in his pocket in all of those series.

EDIT: That was 13 years ago???? Jesus..

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Ugh. I was irate when he went down. It was Domi for chrissakes.... Pat Quinn had the refs in his pocket in all of those series.

EDIT: That was 13 years ago???? Jesus..

I know.... vividly remember that series like it was yesterday. I never really hated the Leafs before. Stupid Corson and I forget who else poked their heads out to see the Leafs fans slowly spill into the arena... with stupid blue mohawks, like they getting ready for a concert, not a playoff hockey game. I can still taste the hate, it should have subsided by now. 13 years. Do I have a problem?

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I wouldn't even bother faking condolences if this guy had some tragedy befall him.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Travis Green, Darcy Tucker, Shayne Corson, Tie Domi, Bryan McCabe

Good god what a pile of trash.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Neither do I - you can't expect one guy to be the bastion of integrity, when everybody else out there is diving and faking every chance they get too.

Still, you gotta wonder what would happen if these guys took all the effort they put into cheating to win, and re-allocated it to playing to win.

Aren't I just the naive idealist... :laugh:

What Domi did wasnt cheating it was sacrifice. A higher will to win and a do whatever it takes attitude. In a nut shell this type of play was the difference.

dpw

Jul 29, 2004
I remember being at that game.

Up 2-0 and soon as that penalty was called, I looked at my brother and said we just lost the series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad