Perry

Status
Not open for further replies.

infected13

Aug 3, 2005
Burke isnt planning on letting any rookies on the team this year, but he said he welcomes the players to ruin his master plan during training camp. However, I believe the only person with a real shot to do that is Getzlaf.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
infected13 said:
Burke isnt planning on letting any rookies on the team this year, but he said he welcomes the players to ruin his master plan during training camp. However, I believe the only person with a real shot to do that is Getzlaf.

Getzlaf IMO should definetely be getting a roster spot. He's been playing awesome, he won the Pacific rookies tourny and led it in scoring and he missed one of the four games, and he could falt out be a good top six winger this year. IMO, put him as the second line center with Selanne and Sykora, or first line wing with Selanne and Fedorov(Fedorov and Selanne seem to have a bit of chemistry in camp, so only if that trend continues).

hattrick74

Jan 3, 2004
Visit site
he was playing against other rookies though. he is a top end talent no doubt, but lets wait and see how he does in camp.

Bobby Ryan Getzlaf said:
Getzlaf IMO should definetely be getting a roster spot. He's been playing awesome, he won the Pacific rookies tourny and led it in scoring and he missed one of the four games, and he could falt out be a good top six winger this year. IMO, put him as the second line center with Selanne and Sykora, or first line wing with Selanne and Fedorov(Fedorov and Selanne seem to have a bit of chemistry in camp, so only if that trend continues).

infected13

Aug 3, 2005
The point of being in the AHL is to develop your skills for the NHL. When you dominate in your element then you need to move take the next step. I dont expect Perry to make a huge splash his first year in the NHL but i hope to see him so that a year or 2 down the way he will have a breakout year.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
He is going to play a year in Portland.

Right now Getzlaf and Konopka are the rookies who are playing like they should be in the NHL.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
I guess if we're predicting how many points the rookies will get we need some type
of context as to what the top scorer in the league will get and how much scoring
will increase in the new NHL.If Perry has a big role on the team,especially if he's
on the powerplay unit I think he could easily score more than 57 points.

Habs33

Sep 4, 2003
Visit site
fine lets not judge his talent and scoring potential since it seems to be the sky is the limit.

But why is THN putting him in the NHL? I really don't see him starting...maybe called up for injury reserves but not more than a few games...evryone knows he blongs in the ahl this yr.

having said that, for a keeper league, who would you draft today between getzlaf and perry?

if the keague is baseed on pts only of course.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
Perry scored a sick goal today in the scrimmage at Ducks camp.

Came out from behind the net, spun and roofed a shot from about 1 ft away from the goal mouth that went top shelf.

Pretty unbelievable.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
Another sick Perry goal update...

Kings v. Ducks exhibition game. Suck and drag past Visnovsky and fired by Garon. Even Kings fans gave him props on that one. :clap:

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Perry had a good game for his first NHL pre-season game.

He did not look out of place at all. Getting over 200 pounds has helped, he wasn't getting pushed around. He was creating offense all game and his goal was just amazing.

Starting the season in Portland is still probably the best thing for him, but he could produce in the NHL right now if given the chance.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
If Perry makes the team and becomes the playmaker for Fedorov and Selanne, then 57 points isn't out of the question. I doubt he does either, though.

He'll have to get an assist on everyone of Selanne's 14 goals....

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
With the new rules, I dont think Perry needs any AHL time. He'll have enough open ice to be effective. Under the old rules, I think he would need time in the minors. On the PP, he's going to be deadly.

UvBnDatsyuked

Apr 30, 2005
Bobby Ryan Getzlaf said:
If Fedorov and Selanne do indeed have chemistry(which it seems he will), he'll score alot more than 14 goals this upcoming season.

Will be a fun line to watch if it happens

mackdogs*

Bobby Ryan Getzlaf said:
If Fedorov and Selanne do indeed have chemistry(which it seems he will), he'll score alot more than 14 goals this upcoming season.
He and Kariya were also supposed to hand the Cup to the Avs in a cakewalk. We'll see what happens. I just hope he doesn't shed his 'peaked in my first year' moniker.

Randall Graves*

Perry is supposedly having a good camp and pre-season so far, I haven't seen him play since 2004 but thats what i've been reading..

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
mackdogs said:
He and Kariya were also supposed to hand the Cup to the Avs in a cakewalk. We'll see what happens. I just hope he doesn't shed his 'peaked in my first year' moniker.

Didn't he hurt his ankle after that year? If so, I wouldn't really call it "peaking". Anyway, he did win the Richard after that year, so it's not like he sucked the big one after his rookie campaign.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
i just rewatched the mem cup, and i now think that Perry could be a great contributor on the feds-sels line.

hockeydemon05

Sep 5, 2005
So Cal
Well perry is having a great Pre-Season..however IMO 57 points is a little too much...but you never know....he could be a phenonemon (sp?).

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Perry is so talented that I think he could begin the season in the AHL, wait for an opportunity (injury) with the big club and still come close to 57 points in his rookie year. He's that good.

So, I don't think 57 is much of a stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad