Perry

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
I'm just wondering here, but if Perry doesn't want to sign with the Ducks, what sort of deal do you think would be acceptable for him, (can't have Sid, Geno, Neal, Letang, Martin, Sutter and Depres).

I'm open to any suggestions

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009
Going off of the basis from Hossa/Kovalchuk trades...

How about Kunitz+Morrow+Pick?

DaDucks*

Throw Engelland in there somewhere... That guy is a awesome fighter

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
I wonder what the over/under is on the number of Perry threads for the season?

DaDucks*

Why in the hell is our owner building a "grand terrace" at the honda center if he isn't content on paying for our "grand players"

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
If we're trading Perry this season, we worsen our team no matter what, and hurts our playoff chances ... So if we trade him for assets with the future in mind I don't what Kunitz .. He will be 34 this year. I like his consistency but I would want something younger ..

2013 1st + Morrow + maybe more ... Or Bennett in place of Morrow? Just spitballing ...

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Why in the hell is our owner building a "grand terrace" at the honda center if he isn't content on paying for our "grand players"

He wanted a basketball team. :rant:

I'm only being partly serious, but it will be very upsetting that he is spending money to improve the off ice product if he is not willing to spend for the on ice product. He's a smart guy though, I'm sure he thinks that this "grand terrace" will bring in more revenue which hopefully translates to more money being spent on players.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
If we're trading Perry this season, we worsen our team no matter what, and hurts our playoff chances ... So if we trade him for assets with the future in mind I don't what Kunitz .. He will be 34 this year. I like his consistency but I would want something younger ..

2013 1st + Morrow + maybe more ... Or Bennett in place of Morrow? Just spitballing ...

Shero isn't gonna trade Bennett, but what about Pouliot and Bluger/Kuhnhackl

DaDucks*

I'm only being partly serious, but it will be very upsetting that he is spending money to improve the off ice product if he is not willing to spend for the on ice product. He's a smart guy though, I'm sure he thinks that this "grand terrace" will bring in more revenue which hopefully translates to more money being spent on players.

Bunch of cash coming off the books soon
Lydman, Teemu, hell maybe even hiller..

Interesting would I give up hiller to sign perry and Getz to max deals?

Why yes

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Bunch of cash coming off the books soon
Lydman, Teemu, hell maybe even hiller..

Interesting would I give up hiller to sign perry and Getz to max deals?

Why yes

when you say max deals do you mean max cap with max term?
cause that'd be beyond insane.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

First of all, how do you know he isn't? We have nothing, at the moment, to indicate he is being cheap with the players. If he goes Wang on us I'll be right in line with you complaining. But he hasn't yet.

As to the HC improvements, does anybody know who is paying for that? You do know Henry does not own the HC, the city of Anaheim does.

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
Murray has said they want to sign Perry, so until he does not sign we should not assume. Other than that, we would be stupid to trade him if we wanted to make a run at the Stanley cup. Even if we lose him to free agency for nothing, would't we have a better chance with Perry to win the cup.
He was the MVP a couple years ago, do you think we would get fair value.

This is a business, just ask New Jersey. They were in the finals last year, then lost Parise for nothing. Looks like they are doing okay this year without him.

It is worth the risk to keep him, even if he says he is not going to stay. We have players and depth to compete if he leaves next year.

I love Perry, and want him to stay, but if he goes, I wish him the best. He won the MVP and a cup with us, we should not complain.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
As to the HC improvements, does anybody know who is paying for that? You do know Henry does not own the HC, the city of Anaheim does.

IIRC, When Samueli bought the Ducks it was my understanding that he bought the Anaheim Arena Management(or w/e it was called) which was the group that owned the then Arrowhead Pond.

Edit: On Wikipedia it says the deal included the company that operates the city-owned Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim. So, he is the operator, but not the owner.

DuckTech

In vino veritas
Jul 7, 2011
Rural Orange County
IIRC, When Samueli bought the Ducks it was my understanding that he bought the Anaheim Arena Management(or w/e it was called) which was the group that owned the then Arrowhead Pond.

I'm not sure if he has sold it since then though.

Via Wikipedia :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Center

Former names Anaheim Arena (1990–1993)
Pond of Anaheim (1993)
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim (1993–2006)
Location 2695 East Katella Avenue, Anaheim, California 92806
Coordinates 33°48′28″N 117°52′36″WCoordinates: 33°48′28″N 117°52′36″W
Broke ground November 8, 1990
Opened June 19, 1993
Owner City of Anaheim
Operator Anaheim Arena Management, LLC
(a Anaheim Ducks subsidiary)

Anaheim Arena Management never owned the pond, the city of Anaheim owns the land and the building. There are rules that are in place saying so many pieces of art must be out on display including the mirror reflection pieces that looks like a fountain. The terrace is part of Samueli's plan to make Orange County better or so I remember reading somewhere.

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009
If we sign Getzlaf sooner rather than later, I think Id be more willing to roll the dice with Perry, but if theyre both unsigned that risk of losing both for nothing is scary. Option number one is to get both signed, and if we know that the two sides are apart, at least theyre talking a little bit. Parise wouldn't even negotiate at all during the season, so this seems a little more hopeful.

Nikko*

Hopefully the team keeps playing at a high level, that has to bode well for their morale during negotiations.

DaDucks*

when you say max deals do you mean max cap with max term?
cause that'd be beyond insane.

At the time I made this post yesterday I meant under our teams own budget restrictions (5yrs)

But if I were pushed into a corner I would give these guys 8yr max deals...F it..... I want RPG on this team long term... "Internal budget" wtf is that? So I can't have the super stars that we drafted on my team long term that I've grown to love because we have a "internal budget"???? •••• that

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I think the team playing well has to help the negotiations. As quiet as he is I think he has been very happy here so far. If he sees this team can be a contender for the next few years along with providing the low key atmosphere he prefers as well as already having friends on the team I can't see him wanting to leave. I don't doubt his agent is asking high, but at some point if the Ducks make a good offer ($7.5M x 8?) I think he stays here. But I think the team playing well can really help those odds.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Going off of the basis from Hossa/Kovalchuk trades...

How about Kunitz+Morrow+Pick?

I would be all over this. Kunitz is a great top 6 player, not as good as Perry but he would fill in nicely. Morrow is very promising player and a pick is just nice.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
As a outsider, I really have no idea why the Ducks would even begin to think about trading Perry. Even if they cannot resign him, it'll be worth having him in the playoffs the way you guys are playing.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Shero isn't gonna trade Bennett, but what about Pouliot and Bluger/Kuhnhackl

Doesn't appeal to me ... We could probably find a better offer out there if Bennett, Sutter and Despres along with the obvious ones are not up for grabs ..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad