Perron

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Sprong are you kidding no I don't. Sprong can score, which is good, but he doesn't provide anything beyond that. He doesn't go into the corners, he isn't physical, he isn't a leader on this team and he isn't a proven playoff performer.

I love how people forget that about Perron if he we actually get in the playoffs Perron will be quite important.

Also you have Chiarot ranked over Perron, come on man.
If one of the things Sprong doesn't provide is super obvious lazy stick penalties, I'm fine with him not providing that.

We've been in the playoffs for months now. Apart from a random play here and there, Perron hasn't been heroically leading this team anywhere.

Chiarot is the D version of Perron that plays a bigger role. If you love Perron you should really love Chiarot.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Is Kasper just physically underdeveloped? He seems like the perfect candidate to play sheltered minutes and develop at the NHL level

Not that his development needs to be rushed. He just seems like the kind of player/personality that would thrive on the challenge.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
The playoffs are a completely different game. We need battlers. We need muckers. We need people to sacrifice their kidneys in board battles but also make the other team regret it when things get chippy.

I have concerns that Larkin is going to be flopping around, staying down on the ice too long, dragging himself slowly to his feet behind the play trying to get the refs to call something and being thrown off his game when they don't. He has too much of a victim mentality. I see Perron as the counter to that.

Reactions: dalem177

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Is Kasper just physically underdeveloped? He seems like the perfect candidate to play sheltered minutes and develop at the NHL level

Not that his development needs to be rushed. He just seems like the kind of player/personality that would thrive on the challenge.
Sheltered minutes ain't meaningful minutes but i would believe that 1C, all situations role in AHL would be challenging enough for 20-year old.

Reactions: Winger98

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Think Sprong has fallen out of favor, could see Perron back in a reduced/specialty role but he needs a pay cut and his roster spot needs internal improvement or someone brought in. That being said I think he is good for the culture and clearly the guys like him. Sticks up for teammates and can predict 8 game win streaks.
Sprong is good at beating up race car drivers…

• Love
Reactions: saska sault

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Sheltered minutes ain't meaningful minutes but i would believe that 1C, all situations role in AHL would be challenging enough for 20-year old.
yeah good, "if" he is playing that role at the AHL level. Otherwise I think any NHL minute is worth more than 2 AHL minutes. My main concern for NHL would be if he just can't match up to the bigger bodies yet. No need to rush him but I like seeing the younger guys get in the game.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
yeah good, "if" he is playing that role at the AHL level. Otherwise I think any NHL minute is worth more than 2 AHL minutes. My main concern for NHL would be if he just can't match up to the bigger bodies yet.
He's 6'1" 190lb+. This is his 4th season in a men's league. Being able to hang physically is the least of the worries with Kasper.

Reactions: Retire91

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
I like Perron but I'm ready to move on. It does seem like Lalonde loves him and I always hear glowing reviews from coaching/management, so I bet they offer him another contract.

But with the contracts to Seider, Raymond, Veleno and hopefully re-signing Kane, do we really need to be burning a roster spot and cap space on Perron? I'd much rather use that spot and cap space to target a UFA, there's some decent names available and while we don't have a cap crunch, the cap is going to start to get pretty tight when we re-sign our guys and start looking at UFAs.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
What does patience have to do with anything? I was dutifully informed that kids suck and shouldn't be called up by that list of yours.

Backed up, expertly I might add, with the information that a 21/22yo Erne marginally outscored a 19yo in his first season on NA ice.

The point is, Erne wasn't called up until he showed something in the AHL. It's a pretty easy progression, a prospect needs to dominate the AHL before getting called up. The point wasn't that Kasper is better or worse than Erne, it's that Kasper is less prepared to hit the NHL now than 22 YO Erne was.

mod

Last edited by a moderator:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The organization likes him a lot, he does provide different elements to his game and the room loves him.

People can talk about liking this prospect or that guy. The reality here is Perron is going to have a job in the NHL next year and more than likely his not being here would be him choosing a better opportunity than the other way around. I think he needs to sign a one year deal but cannot advocate against re-signing him.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
If one of the things Sprong doesn't provide is super obvious lazy stick penalties, I'm fine with him not providing that.

We've been in the playoffs for months now. Apart from a random play here and there, Perron hasn't been heroically leading this team anywhere.

Chiarot is the D version of Perron that plays a bigger role. If you love Perron you should really love Chiarot.
In the entire month of March Daniel Sprong had 1 goals and no assists.

Perron had 2 goals and 6 points.

I cannot find the stats on hits but I'm sure Perron had more.

So yah Perron is doing a lot more than Sprong.

Reactions: Gniwder

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
In the entire month of March Daniel Sprong had 1 goals and no assists.

Perron had 2 goals and 6 points.

I cannot find the stats on hits but I'm sure Perron had more.

So yah Perron is doing a lot more than Sprong.

When Sprong goes cold, he goes dry ice cold. Same thing happened in Seattle, and he got healthy scratched there too.

I would not be surprised if Perron gets re-signed for Sprong money, and they let Sprong walk. It's obvious who Lalonde prefers.

Reactions: Go Wings

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
8lm17t.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Retire91

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
Perron is our 7th most productive forward, but he's playing top-line minutes and a ton of PP time.

He's playing 1st line minutes and putting up 3rd line numbers. In his dotage he's morphed into Justin Abdelkader.

However: I'd prefer that he get pushed out of the lineup by someone better. So either Berggren or Kasper or one of the other kids needs to step up. If they do, and particularly if they play a physical game and can retrieve the puck along the boards and be effective in front of the net, then Perron should be the first one to go.

If they don't actively push him out...then what's the point of replacing him with one of them? Field of Dreams reasoning doesn't cut it (if you build it they will come = if we promote them they will thrive.) Someone needs to put up decent numbers in the AHL.

Yonny Burgers is putting up a point per game, but I don't think I've ever seen him do anything physical. The few young big potentially physical guys they have down in Grand Rapids are getting outscored by a defenseman (Edvinsson) in terms of PPG.

I think we'll need to trade for a power forward to improve on Perron. Preferably one that can punch faces.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
I greatly appreciate Perron's leadership, but I hate having to watch him take horrible momentum killing offensive zone penalties and getting circles skated around him.

I hope we can move on from him before it's completely blatantly obvious that he can no longer keep up.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
yeah good, "if" he is playing that role at the AHL level. Otherwise I think any NHL minute is worth more than 2 AHL minutes. My main concern for NHL would be if he just can't match up to the bigger bodies yet. No need to rush him but I like seeing the younger guys get in the game.
If Kasper can't outplay Czarnik for AHL 1C position, what business he has in NHL then?

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
sign me up for more back breaking o zone penalties and sluggish half board powerplay action. Where every team knows they can ambush him because he cant escape.

Reactions: Sentinel

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I would keep Perron only if we can trade Fabbri, but if we cant trade Fabbri I don't think I would bring Perron back. I would use that money to bring Kane back and sign a good energy guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad