Injury Report: Perreault (likely) done for the season

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
This team is not going far in the playoffs even if everyone is healthy. Sure they could win a few games and maybe 1 round if all went perfectly. Chevy would be crazy to mortgage our future for short term fixes. It has been a good season and the team plays well under adverse conditions. I think we should ride it out and give the boys in St Johns a chance to show their stuff. Yeah, I know lots of others want to go for it. Hopefully Chevy doesn't.

misterb

Mar 17, 2012
Winnipeg
Not worried we have enough plugs to fill the holes until Drew is back and until the end of the season. We had Chariot prove he can step up, we must have at least one forward that can do that as well.

I really don't want to see Chev start wasting picks and players just because of an injury, because what ever we pickup won't fill the hole the same anyway.

This.

Relax.

White Out 403*

I'd rather Chevy not trade any prospects or picks plz. Asset management, asset management. Let the people from within fill the void.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I think Read is about = to Michalek. Not quite a 1st, especially not this year. I'd like to get either of those right now though. Read might be the best replacement for MP.

Read is two years younger, and better than Michalek in every single facet of the game IMO.

I agree that Read isn't really worth a first, but I can't see a second rounder being enough to entice Philly to move him.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah, I was 'scouting' the Philly roster a bit.... do they think they're out of the playoff picture is the big question. Would love to buy one of their LW's to help us out, but I wouldn't want to lose my shirt in the deal just because we're bargaining from a position of weakness.

Once again the vultures will be circling. I trust Chevy to not panic but if he can get a player for a fair price this would be the time.

I wonder if we could get Simmonds for the 1st rounder and a good prospect

I think it takes more than that unless the prospect is one I wouldn't part with.

I might also want to take a wait and see approach.

Five games to the deadline, if the Jets can somehow build up a 9-10 point cushion on LA and Minnesota...eh, I might take my chances with the status quo, maybe pick up a bottom six player to round things out. As it stands right now, I wouldn't want to take a chance without acquiring a middle-six LW.

We still have the need for bottom 6 help that we had before but it still comes down to price.

Nov 24, 2006
I would really like them to call someone up that has some offensive 'pop' to replace Perreault. God knows we'll need it on the PP. I don't know the details on our prospect's eligibility. Can Petan, Armia, or Ehlers be brought up? I'm sure O'Dell can.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Its the only sensible thing for us to do with the players we have now. We need to make the post season this year

Overstating the 'need'. We need to make the postseason every year starting this year. More important was showing that we are a PO team even if we miss because of injuries. I think we have shown that except possibly still in goal. Time will tell on that one.

Speaking of goal, what happens if Hutch doesn't bounce back? We spend valuable assets on rentals and still miss because it turns out our goaltending still isn't up to PO minimum?

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Hockey Gods way of letting Chevy know he's a moron for keeping so many defense other roster.

Now every team knows we are seriously desperate for forwards.....hellooooooo over Payment!

seasontixholder*

Since Perreault can't be replaced, what's a realistic player that the Jets can get? Read, Simmonds, Calvert, Winnik, or? What would they have to give up?

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
I would really like them to call someone up that has some offensive 'pop' to replace Perreault. God knows we'll need it on the PP. I don't know the details on our prospect's eligibility. Can Petan, Armia, or Ehlers be brought up? I'm sure O'Dell can.

Petan + Ehlers couldn't play more than 9 (maybe 10?) games before burning a year off their ELC, probably not smart to burn an extremely cost controlled year for a minimal amount of games. Best to let them play out their season in JRs IMO.

Armia is undergoing a couple of maintenance days and is possibly nursing an injury.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Frickin Oilers...this happened last time we played them too.

I am not going to jump off the ledge and say this screws our playoff hopes, the road will be tougher but this team has faced bigtime adversity before and succeeded.

Thankfully we have Buff who is committed to do whatever it takes to help the team. With him on forward at least we have Myers now on the backend who is used to big minutes and Trouba will also be counted on more now which might be the kick he needed. Hope Stafford isn't out long.

Buff is better on D but because of the circumstances I'm relieved at least with Stafford getting back in we can go

Ladd Little Stafford
Buff Scheif Wheeler
on our top 6 until something else happens.

Hope Klingburg takes full advantage of this opportunity like his brother did for Dallas.

anyway that's my glass half full

Frolik instead of Buff?

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Petan + Ehlers couldn't play more than 9 (maybe 10?) games before burning a year off their ELC, probably not smart to burn an extremely cost controlled year for a minimal amount of games. Best to let them play out their season in JRs IMO.

Armia is undergoing a couple of maintenance days and is possibly nursing an injury.

We aren't allowed to call up Ehlers or Petan anyway.

It would have to be on an emergency basis, essentially all our NHL and AHL forwards would need to be hurt.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg

I'm not sure it makes a difference. If the player is worth a big raise after the ELC, you take that at the expense of another top 9 forward.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Bummer.
Fingers crossed Stafford is back soon.

What a dilemma for Chevy. This year's playoffs are so tantalizingly close, and one wrong move (or non-move) could take that away. But it flies in the face of the long-term plan to pay in picks and prospects.

This club needs some playoff hockey. We need to see progress forward. The players need to taste some success for all their efforts. Playoffs will go a long way towards establishing a culture of hard work and success in the locker room. Even a decent 1st round showing would do a lot for the confidence and morale of the team going forward.

That's worth trading for.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
We aren't allowed to call up Ehlers or Petan anyway.

It would have to be on an emergency basis, essentially all our NHL and AHL forwards would need to be hurt.

Ehlers could be called up March 23rd and Petan early April, based on their respective seasons being over.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Frolik instead of Buff?

I would... I think Scheif plays better with Buff on his wing, rewards Buff as well for him moving back to forward to help the team. Frolik then makes the third line stronger

truthfully I forgot about Frolik when I wrote that but still would go with my lines

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
This team is not going far in the playoffs even if everyone is healthy. Sure they could win a few games and maybe 1 round if all went perfectly. Chevy would be crazy to mortgage our future for short term fixes. It has been a good season and the team plays well under adverse conditions. I think we should ride it out and give the boys in St Johns a chance to show their stuff. Yeah, I know lots of others want to go for it. Hopefully Chevy doesn't.

This team is not going far, possibly a first round? That's a pretty solid distance for a young green team like ours'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad