Injury Report: Perreault (likely) done for the season

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
This is about what I expected from the way he looked leaving the ice. I'm surprised at Klingberg though. I expected Armia. I hope he can seize the opportunity.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't mean either.

I'd like to use that first on a non-rental that will help immediately.

That was my 3rd possibility. I could go for that depending on who it is of course. I'm thinking this might raise Calvert on the radar but not for a 1st.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Have anyone in mind?

Matt Read is one name that comes to mind, although I'm not sure if Philly will position themselves as sellers at the deadline.

Milan Michalek is another name that I was thinking, but he is definitely not worth a first. Third rounder, maybe a second rounder.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Matt Read is one name that comes to mind, although I'm not sure if Philly will position themselves as sellers at the deadline.

Yeah, I was 'scouting' the Philly roster a bit.... do they think they're out of the playoff picture is the big question. Would love to buy one of their LW's to help us out, but I wouldn't want to lose my shirt in the deal just because we're bargaining from a position of weakness.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Anyone else think Maurice now has a habit of overstating injuries? Ever since the never ending day to days every player has come back sooner than the estimate he gave the media

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
... So, I hear that McDavid kid is good!:sarcasm:

That's unfortunate. Time for Fefe to catch on fire so that our 2nd line doesn't miss a beat. And for Klingberg to show that he's the better Klingberg.

Don't hold your breath.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Anyone else think Maurice now has a habit of overstating injuries? Ever since the never ending day to days every player has come back sooner than the estimate he gave the media

He does, but I'd rather he do that then say they'll be back by this date and them not be.

Vancouver did the same thing with Hamhuis and he tore his groin.

seasontixholder*

remember the time when Carl Klingberg was our #1 prospect at the time we purchased the Thrashers lol

And that reminded me of watching Craig Ramsay on the Edmonton bench. How low can you get. That Atlanta management was a gong show.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
That was my 3rd possibility. I could go for that depending on who it is of course. I'm thinking this might raise Calvert on the radar but not for a 1st.

I might also want to take a wait and see approach.

Five games to the deadline, if the Jets can somehow build up a 9-10 point cushion on LA and Minnesota...eh, I might take my chances with the status quo, maybe pick up a bottom six player to round things out. As it stands right now, I wouldn't want to take a chance without acquiring a middle-six LW.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I might also want to take a wait and see approach.

Five games to the deadline, if the Jets can somehow build up a 9-10 point cushion on LA and Minnesota...eh, I might take my chances with the status quo, maybe pick up a bottom six player to round things out. As it stands right now, I wouldn't want to take a chance without acquiring a middle-six LW.

Agreed Hank. Chevy needs to do something this deadline.

And a bit OT...why is your name Blue now?

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
remember the time when Carl Klingberg was our #1 prospect at the time we purchased the Thrashers lol

I thought that was Ivan Telegin? Either way...

Notice how it's never Thorburn or Peluso who gets sidelined with injury?

m.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Not worried we have enough plugs to fill the holes until Drew is back and until the end of the season. We had Chariot prove he can step up, we must have at least one forward that can do that as well.

I really don't want to see Chev start wasting picks and players just because of an injury, because what ever we pickup won't fill the hole the same anyway.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Frickin Oilers...this happened last time we played them too.

I am not going to jump off the ledge and say this screws our playoff hopes, the road will be tougher but this team has faced bigtime adversity before and succeeded.

Thankfully we have Buff who is committed to do whatever it takes to help the team. With him on forward at least we have Myers now on the backend who is used to big minutes and Trouba will also be counted on more now which might be the kick he needed. Hope Stafford isn't out long.

Buff is better on D but because of the circumstances I'm relieved at least with Stafford getting back in we can go

Ladd Little Stafford
Buff Scheif Wheeler
on our top 6 until something else happens.

Hope Klingburg takes full advantage of this opportunity like his brother did for Dallas.

anyway that's my glass half full

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Milan Michalek is another name that I was thinking, but he is definitely not worth a first. Third rounder, maybe a second rounder.

I think Read is about = to Michalek. Not quite a 1st, especially not this year. I'd like to get either of those right now though. Read might be the best replacement for MP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad