Penticton YoungStars Tourney (VAN/EDM/CGY/WPG) - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
McDavid got some hits against him in the first and coaching probably told him to play safe from then on, which I'm fine with. Draisaitl is picking up the slack nicely

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
Oiler fan, always thought Principe was an annoying clown but he really needs to shut up about McDavid. I think anyone tuning into a stream of a prospect game during summer already knows his life story.

The broadcaster team up is just a bad idea, Him and Kenward are just simply annoying :laugh:.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
As bad as Benning has been, Lowe and MacT were on a different level. Benning has long ways to go and for your guys sake, hope he doesn't reach that level. No team, besides maybe Calgary, deserves to have that.

It's coming.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Just like Bennett earlier today, but not a big deal.

Never said it was, if you want you can look in the Flames thread and see I said basically the same thing, can't really gauge talent in first games like this. But I didn't see anyone claiming "Bennett shoulda coulda woulda had 3 goals already"

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
How? Most of their players ever get to play one game and then make the Oilers .

So when the Oilers top pick 10 doesn't show up in this tournament it's OK

But when it's Virtanen who doesn't have any points & suddenly Vancouver is the biggest embarrassment in the NHL

:shakehead:shakehead

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
I'm glad that a rookie tournament where no one is going 100% is what we are using to determine prospect outlooks for the season. :shakehead

Superpest

Undrafted Free Agent
May 20, 2009
Cascadia
Never said it was, if you want you can look in the Flames thread and see I said basically the same thing, can't really gauge talent in first games like this. But I didn't see anyone claiming "Bennett shoulda coulda woulda had 3 goals already"

What are your thoughts on the game so far, Flames fan?

Aceonfire*

It's funny seeing people pick McDavid apart.

The kid is 18 and attending his first camp. "Only 1 point, what a bust".

Some of you set yourselves up for disappointment. It'll take time to adjust, even for a kid like him.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
What are your thoughts on the game so far, Flames fan?

Oilers lighting it up, Nurse, Laleggia and Christoffer have been good. Virtanen and Subban IMO are the best Canucks, not a whole lotta creativity in that Nucks lineup though. Drai certainly looks like he's improved his skating. Not overly impressed with either teams goaltending.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
I've really liked Draisaitl's game.

Makes a lot of subtle plays that put his team-mates in good positions. He's really comfortable passing from his backhand which is a great skill to have as a center.

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
It's funny seeing people pick McDavid apart.

The kid is 18 and attending his first camp. "Only 1 point, what a bust".

Some of you set yourselves up for disappointment. It'll take time to adjust, even for a kid like him.

Haven't you been chirping Flames and Canuck fans all night about the downside of their players.

:laugh:

Superpest

Undrafted Free Agent
May 20, 2009
Cascadia
Oilers lighting it up, Nurse, Laleggia and Christoffer have been good. Virtanen and Subban IMO are the best Canucks, not a whole lotta creativity in that Nucks lineup though. Drai certainly looks like he's improved his skating. Not overly impressed with either teams goaltending.

I expect Hutton, McCann, and Cassels to show up in the 3rd.

Subban has been awesome, same with Nurse.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Not discrediting Gaunce whatsoever. Bouchard's just bad.

Lol, yeah ok. :laugh:

The guy posted your other goalie would have stopped it. I said sometimes it doesn't matter if it's a better goalie when the goal comes from a prime scoring area, odd man rush, etc.

???

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado

Makes a lot of subtle plays that put his team-mates in good positions. He's really comfortable passing from his backhand which is a great skill to have as a center.

Reminds me of Hossa

Not fast, but makes these great subtle passes and is always in the right place.

bobbyt 91*

I was expecting more from him. I saw Nylander play earlier and L.D is supposed to be better so I am expecting more.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
The guy posted your other goalie would have stopped it. I said sometimes it doesn't matter if it's a better goalie when the goal comes from a prime scoring area, odd man rush, etc.

???

I wasn't defending his comment. Whether Laurikainen could have stopped it or not isn't the issue. Simple as that. Not crapping on the goal and how it was scored. I'm just saying Bouchard's bad.

Aceonfire*

Haven't you been chirping Flames and Canuck fans all night about the downside of their players.

:laugh:

I'm not setting myself up for disappointment though. I know they suck. :sarcasm:

And who? Kylington? He looked lost in his own end, not exactly a shocker.

People act like McDavid was supposed to put up 8 points. Before the game I said Draisaitl would have 4. That's more realistic than McDavid dominating everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad