Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Wings | OTL | Jake shakes for everyone!

Best dipping sauce for chicken nuggets

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It was great to see CDS have a good game. Boys battled and had a great 3rd period. 2 pts/4 on a back to back is do-able right now because of how f***ing awesome they were over the last 20+.

IMO - good stuff. Let's keep it rolling. Some areas to work on. Some areas that look better. That Erod/McGinn pairing w/ G looked solid.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Shift chart on Natural Stat Trick shows Simon's shifts in the second period were all with Carter.

And... well, we don't know what his message is for sure, but we can try and deduce things.

Lets say you were the boss. And you benched Simon for that bad penalty, but not Sid for his bad penalties.

Some fan somewhere: "McCord's holding players to different standards! We don't know what he wants."
Some other fan: "Well the benchings mainly happen to players who don't score, so I think we know what he wants."

The same thing works.

You: "Sully's holding players to different standards. We don't know what he wants."
Me: "The benchings and demotions always happen to players with inconsistent effort levels and inattention to defensive duties who don't score an absolute ton, so I think we know what he wants."

And him tending to withhold ice time from the same players seems less like different standards for different people, but a standard for everyone that most of the roster meet and a few don't.

meh I don’t think it’s hard to deduce. Kap is pretty much the only player who always seems to be on a short leash all the time. Maybe it’s a kapanen thing idk. maybe he has terrible attitude idk.

But the fact Simon got move evs icetime than him last game while being a negative factor is just insane to me. Move Kap if you don’t want him on the team. Cause he sure isn’t gona do anything on the 4th line with boyle

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
meh I don’t think it’s hard to deduce. Kap is pretty much the only player who always seems to be on a short leash all the time. Maybe it’s a kapanen thing idk. maybe he has terrible attitude idk.

But the fact Simon got move evs icetime than him last game while being a negative factor is just insane to me. Move Kap if you don’t want him on the team. Cause he sure isn’t gona do anything on the 4th line with boyle

the Simon thing is beyond ludicrous…ok, he doesn’t score, but more importantly, he’s had just as many bad passes as Geno recently leading to rushes the other way, in addition to some untimely penalties that lead to opposing scores…he gets promoted lol…I guess Kap’s Ozone cluelessness can’t be ignored, but still…my lord, give Zohorna a chance!

EDIT: also, why do we continue to use the same shooters during the SO who are like 1 for in their last 10…maybe try a few different guys like ERod or Matheson?

Reactions: Darren McCord

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
GCR had like 5-6 high danger chances compared to only one for the rest of our lines lol…our ES depth scoring has really dried up and maybe that’s a good sign we should break that line apart at least until Blueger returns…also we need to try other first lines because I think that line will be a PO dud again…I’m of two minds if we should break it but certainly Zohorna needs to enter Sunday’s game and Simon depart it…

Jake-Sid-Carter
McGinn-G-Rust
Zohorna-ERod-Kap
ZAR-Boyle-Heinen

Thing about breaking up GCR is who to put up there. I see you went with Carter and I've always liked the idea but it's not like he's been pulling up trees and maybe he needs his minutes managed a little.

Also I really want Zohorna in next game. Tbh I want Friedman in and call up a forward from WBS too. It won't happen, but if the side is jaded and tired, then guys who are really eager to be there are an obvious antidote. One day they'll catch on to squad rotation...

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Thing about breaking up GCR is who to put up there. I see you went with Carter and I've always liked the idea but it's not like he's been pulling up trees and maybe he needs his minutes managed a little.

Also I really want Zohorna in next game. Tbh I want Friedman in and call up a forward from WBS too. It won't happen, but if the side is jaded and tired, then guys who are really eager to be there are an obvious antidote. One day they'll catch on to squad rotation...

I’m not keen to give Carter more minutes either but we’d be lessening his 200 foot D responsibilities as well…might end up being the same or less energy expenditure for him (also, he’s still been playing 20 min even without being on that line) …I would suggest Heinen be given a spot up there but he’s gone cold lately…also there’s the factor that ERod has overall looked better at center…seems like Carter would be the best Rust replacement atm if Sully were to try something else on that line…but as you say, it ain’t happening…if the only line kept together last night was GCR, you know he’s not touching it

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I’m not keen to give Carter more minutes either but we’d be lessening his 200 foot D responsibilities as well…might end up being the same or less energy expenditure for him (also, he’s still been playing 20 min even without being on that line) …I would suggest Heinen be given a spot up there but he’s gone cold lately…also there’s the factor that ERod has overall looked better at center…seems like Carter would be the best Rust replacement atm if Sully were to try something else on that line…but as you say, it ain’t happening…if the only line kept together last night was GCR, you know he’s not touching it

How ERod looked with Malkin was my one big non-DeSmith positive from the game. I think that'd be worth giving a little more time to.

Fiji Water

Jan 16, 2004
Kapanen does the same thing over and over - gains the zone with speed, skates to the corner and fumbles the puck. It's honestly shocking to see a top 6 forward in the NHL fumble the puck every time they try to make a move...players on my beer league team have more puck control when making a deke than this dude, and that's not an exaggeration.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Kapanen does the same thing over and over - gains the zone with speed, skates to the corner and fumbles the puck. It's honestly shocking to see a top 6 forward in the NHL fumble the puck every time they try to make a move...players on my beer league team have more puck control when making a deke than this dude, and that's not an exaggeration.
You should challenge him to some one on one.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Another loss, another game with Marino and Carter as minus players. But hey, we just rewarded our worst defensive forward with a 3.125mil/year contract.

To win, you first must not lose. Start benching the players who are losing the goal differential game when on the ice.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
More Like Huff Farter.

I imagine he has woken to this very scene on a few occasions.

GA0A8VD.gif

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
as bad as kap has played we needed him in the overtime. the lack of speed on our part was painful.

Last edited:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
“Simon, Boyle, and ZAR won’t block AHL players. They are only depth signings. If they aren’t contributing, they won’t play.”

The summer of 2021 was a crazy time.

cocaine-hell-of-a-drug.gif

Reactions: Victor Z
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad