Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Wings | OTL | Jake shakes for everyone!

Best dipping sauce for chicken nuggets

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Incorrect tho. Simon and Zar were elevated to play with carter after the penalty. Kap was playing with Heinen and carter after being demoted.

And who knows what his message is. That’s the issue. He only picks on certain players. He should be helping players figure out there game. Not demoting certain players for bad place while others can suck and have no consequences.

the issue is that he holds players to different standards and then people wonder when they struggle.

Shift chart on Natural Stat Trick shows Simon's shifts in the second period were all with Carter.

And... well, we don't know what his message is for sure, but we can try and deduce things.

Lets say you were the boss. And you benched Simon for that bad penalty, but not Sid for his bad penalties.

Some fan somewhere: "McCord's holding players to different standards! We don't know what he wants."
Some other fan: "Well the benchings mainly happen to players who don't score, so I think we know what he wants."

The same thing works.

You: "Sully's holding players to different standards. We don't know what he wants."
Me: "The benchings and demotions always happen to players with inconsistent effort levels and inattention to defensive duties who don't score an absolute ton, so I think we know what he wants."

And him tending to withhold ice time from the same players seems less like different standards for different people, but a standard for everyone that most of the roster meet and a few don't.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
As far as the poll goes, I picked ketchup, but 'other' is the right answer - specifically, Ranch dressing.

tinafey-30rock.gif

These are chicken nuggies, not a salad!

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
As far as the poll goes, I picked ketchup, but 'other' is the right answer - specifically, Ranch dressing.

Nah. The February schedule after the All-Star break will actually be easier than the schedule we're having now.
It's March that we need to worry about.

You should probably look up what the record is for any team that's on the second half of a back-to-back and is facing a rested opponent. The tired team doesn't win very often.
We play Boston, Toronto, Carolina and the Rags in FEB. I don't see that as easier in any way. But March is brutal no question.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
My mind is always telling me to block certain 2 posters as they bring aboslutely nothing to a discussion besides being pissy about stuff without backing up their arguments with anything. But then there is this voice inside me that just really dislikes blocking posters on message boards. I'm torn guys

I have a name you know. :naughty:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
So, I only watched the 1st live and I've got to say: this team when they're not on is boring as shit. :laugh: Which is fine in the end, they've had a lot of games in a short amount of time but man, I really do not like watching them turtle for 20-40 minutes as they save their energy.

I'm not overly torn up about how the team looks now. I mean, I don't expect them to make it out of the first round anyway (like someone pointed out, it's up to Sullivan to prove he's not a regular season coach just like it's up to Jarry to prove he's not a goalie that crumbles in the postseason). I don't like the lines at all. GCR is falling into its old bad habits, Kapanen is rapidly playing himself to another team, and the bottom 6 is just frankly a mess. There's potential there, but unless Sully wants to break up his duos and try something new (which I would be absolutely thrilled at), I don't think this team as the parts are currently assembled is as good as its record suggests. So, we're bound to see a reversion at some point and this is probably it. Also, L2 looking immediately better without Kapanen really suggests that he's a big part of their problem.

Also, I just gotta say, I don't know what the name of the sauce you get from dim sum and sichuan places is, but soy sauce + rice vinegar + chili oil + garlic goes great on anything boiled or fried.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
I have a name you know. :naughty:

Wasn't sure if the mods would allow me to throw you under the bus like that.

Also no need to get my hands dirty on here when there is already an operation going on that has some of your students turn on you to delete your account.
So watch out for german students

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
What the hell was Letang thinking in OT, at least two times lost the puck because he decided to go all by himself for no reason. I can understand slower players struggling in OT but he still has amazing speed.
Could have gotten the extra point but an aging team struggling in this packed schedule is not exactly surprising, let's face it we are not 16 wins in 18 games good, some losses are to be expected. The good news is that barring an epic collapse, it's not going to matter for the playoff berth.
I liked Geno-McGinn-ERod line, they seemed to always been in the opposition's end of the rink, too bad they didn't get rewarded.
Good bounce-back game for DeSmith, this could be the most important result of this game. The PP is scoring but I don't know if it's going to be that great long term with this lack of screening of the goalie.

My man you're being obtuse. I fear you're trying to argue something with me that's aside from what I'm saying.

Fans like to use the excuse for a loss "they were just tired". Every NHL team goes through back to backs and a rigorous schedule. We didn't lose because we were tired is my whole point.

Matheson's blunder...was that from fatigue?
Simon's hook...fatigue?

It's a lazy excuse. I shouldn't need to explain this though....

Congratulations, you just posted one of the silliest posts I have read here and there have been lots and lots of contenders for that title. Yeah, every team deals with a packed schedule but not every player handles it the same. Aging teams like ours tend to have a harder time for obvious reasons. And yes, fatigue absolutely can and does make athletes really dumb mistakes. Whether the ones that cost us goals were caused by that, who knows, but watch any playoff game that goes beyond one OT and tell me with a straight face that fatigue doesn't make even the best players make dumb errors. Or watch the regular season where every team has at least a dozen games where it gives up early on in order to conserve energy for other games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy99 and Peat

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
The real test for Hextall will be after the Sid era. Until then, his job really is to keep the fires going until then. He has roughly 3 years max to keep the Pens relevant.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Also, I just gotta say, I don't know what the name of the sauce you get from dim sum and sichuan places is, but soy sauce + rice vinegar + chili oil + garlic goes great on anything boiled or fried.

Very good shout. They should sell that stuff pre-bottled.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Very good shout. They should sell that stuff pre-bottled.

Right? I suppose if we were decadent Londoners we could go to open a chippy on the border of Chinatown/Soho and make it an option like the Irish do with their spice bag.

Also, if you're making it at home, try making it with a splash of Viet or Thai fish sauce too.

Reactions: Peat

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Right? I suppose if we were decadent Londoners we could go to open a chippy on the border of Chinatown/Soho and make it an option like the Irish do with their spice bag.

Also, if you're making it at home, try making it with a splash of Viet or Thai fish sauce too.

Honestly tempted to go up there right now and see whether there's anything like that up there. Swear there's something new there everytime I go when I look closely. Although last time I went around Chinatown looking close at the shops, some lady assumed I wanted to go into her brothel.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So, I only watched the 1st live and I've got to say: this team when they're not on is boring as shit. :laugh: Which is fine in the end, they've had a lot of games in a short amount of time but man, I really do not like watching them turtle for 20-40 minutes as they save their energy.

I'm not overly torn up about how the team looks now. I mean, I don't expect them to make it out of the first round anyway (like someone pointed out, it's up to Sullivan to prove he's not a regular season coach just like it's up to Jarry to prove he's not a goalie that crumbles in the postseason). I don't like the lines at all. GCR is falling into its old bad habits, Kapanen is rapidly playing himself to another team, and the bottom 6 is just frankly a mess. There's potential there, but unless Sully wants to break up his duos and try something new (which I would be absolutely thrilled at), I don't think this team as the parts are currently assembled is as good as its record suggests. So, we're bound to see a reversion at some point and this is probably it. Also, L2 looking immediately better without Kapanen really suggests that he's a big part of their problem.

GCR had like 5-6 high danger chances compared to only one for the rest of our lines lol…our ES depth scoring has really dried up and maybe that’s a good sign we should break that line apart at least until Blueger returns…also we need to try other first lines because I think that line will be a PO dud again…I’m of two minds if we should break it but certainly Zohorna needs to enter Sunday’s game and Simon depart it…

Jake-Sid-Carter
McGinn-G-Rust
Zohorna-ERod-Kap
ZAR-Boyle-Heinen

Reactions: Darren McCord

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Honestly tempted to go up there right now and see whether there's anything like that up there. Swear there's something new there everytime I go when I look closely. Although last time I went around Chinatown looking close at the shops, some lady assumed I wanted to go into her brothel.

Yeah, Soho's fun, same with Chinatown. We had plans to come up and visit friends in London, Oxford, and Edinburgh the year the pandemic hit, so sadly I've not been to your fair isle in a few years.

Reactions: Peat

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
That’s because high end forwards don’t get moved.

They do, just not very often. So when they do become available, we should be inquiring.

The Pens have acquired established high end forwards 3 times in the Crosby era. The only time it wasn't an unqualified success was when the coach decided to play him out of position - and even then the team made it to the 3rd round and the player scored 12 points in 15 games.

That looks like a pretty good hit rate to me.

Last edited:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I'm really not sure I see the upside to Kapanen staying on the team anymore, tbh. We saw lots of flashes of that potential last year, but this year, he's been pretty much just awful all year long. If we're looking to improve the top 6, he's trade bait #1, IMO.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
The real test for Hextall will be after the Sid era. Until then, his job really is to keep the fires going until then. He has roughly 3 years max to keep the Pens relevant.
So, he basically gets to just hang out for 5 years? The Pens job was absolutely perfect for him. He apparently gets to put his feet up and not **** things up.

He should start GMing and send some of the turds packing. If he’s too chicken ^#}} to make a trade, dump Simon at the very least. Get big Z in the lineup.

Suddenly, his great free agent signings have disappeared.

Zar - 1 goal in last 37 games
Erod - 0 goals in 11 games
Heinen - 0 goals in 10 games
Simon - 1 goal in last 37 games
McGinn - 1 goal in his last 9 games

His signings have scored 3 goals over their last 104 games.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
I'm really not sure I see the upside to Kapanen staying on the team anymore, tbh. We saw lots of flashes of that potential last year, but this year, he's been pretty much just awful all year long. If we're looking to improve the top 6, he's trade bait #1, IMO.
I really wanted to like him but I've really gotten tired of him. He just does nothing for large stretches of time.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If we could get JT Miller back for Kap or someone of that ilk, I’d do that in a heartbeat…it’s gotta be a top six scorer or forget it…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad