Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Stars | loss | Cant play 60min

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
What on earth have you been reading then? :laugh: also look at the return Chychrun got, we weren’t coming close to that, with our trashz

That’s me alright. :laugh:

We went over this already, Coyotes F-up, they thought they were getting a high pick and here they are not far behind us. They basically traded him for 2- 1sts and a 2nd in 2026 or some shit.

Had the Pens/LA offers were good at 2- 1sts pus Pickering or whoever LA's prospect was they were getting 3 1sts essentially and had a guy already on the farm. They are complete idiots.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I thought it was reported the Pens were in on Chychrun until the Coyotes ultimately decided Ottawa's picks had more value to them than Pittsburgh's or anyone else involved at the last minute.
That is what was said. And many here want to throw in "but we had Pickering too"

Pickering is some golden egg here to some. A 1st rounder who many other GMs may not even value. I mean look at our history of first rounders.

We threw our hats in and Ottawa had the better deal. I don't care if their pick is 1 or 5 spots better that can be the difference of getting the player you want in the draft or not.

It was also said that Chychrun has some family ties in Ottawa and Arizona respected some of those whishes, dumb or not.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Shot selection to me is a coaching problem…every time last night I noticed too many long range shots and no one in the blue paint to get rebounds or try screens etc…Im sure Sullivan is telling them “just keep shooting, it will go in” lol…where and how they take many shots seems coached into them…on the other hand, flubbing easy shots where they should have elevated etc is on the player…I think too many times though there are east west plays to be made to get the goalie moving, or plays where the player could have cut inside, changed the shooting lane, etc and I’ve thought, ”I wonder if they took the shot they did because the coach wants that style of play” lol
Ridiculous to blame this on coaching. That’s like blaming the President for the south being stupid.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I thought it was reported the Pens were in on Chychrun until the Coyotes ultimately decided Ottawa's picks had more value to them than Pittsburgh's or anyone else involved at the last minute.
The main problem was Arizona not wanting to take on money. If we moved out Blueger the day before then we wouldn't have been forced to ask Arizona to take anything back other than picks. That was the dealbreaker. Hextall basically left our cap in a shit position to deal, and waited until it was too late.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The main problem was Arizona not wanting to take on money. If we moved out Blueger the day before then we wouldn't have been forced to ask Arizona to take anything back other than picks. That was the dealbreaker. Hextall basically left our cap in a shit position to deal, and waited until it was too late.
What a guy. :laugh:

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Scholars will study the career of Ruhwedel in the future. How did one f***ing dork ass nerd who brings absolutely zero to the table last so long in the NHL?
Not even close to the same level of suck of Craig Adams or Tanhair Glass. Spectacularly average, replicable level NHLer though. It's just that Craig Adams was so chef's kiss.........terrible. I mire in the Pens current dismay. It's so well deserved on every level, but to pin on Rudeweasil, is pretty unfair. He's not even in the top 10 of problems.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Not even close to the same level of suck of Craig Adams or Tanhair Glass. Spectacularly average, replicable level NHLer though. It's just that Craig Adams was so chef's kiss.........terrible. I mire in the Pens current dismay. It's so well deserved on every level, but to pin on Rudeweasil, is pretty unfair. He's not even in the top 10 of problems.
Ruhwedel sucks. :laugh: He's been around for like a decade, it's so odd. Like you said, he's basically AHL fodder but somehow seems to just always be around. And it's not because he's some safe, simple option out there, dude's terrible.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Pens will choke against the Caps today.,.count on it…lol

“We have nine games left to go on a run and do something special here. I think if we do get into the playoffs, we’re going to be one of the hottest teams to get in. We’re excited for the challenge and, obviously, a huge game on Saturday.” —Dylan Strome on facing the Penguins, via NBC Sports

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Pens will choke against the Caps today.,.count on it…lol

“We have nine games left to go on a run and do something special here. I think if we do get into the playoffs, we’re going to be one of the hottest teams to get in. We’re excited for the challenge and, obviously, a huge game on Saturday.” —Dylan Strome on facing the Penguins, via NBC Sports
While the penguins mindset is:

"Well, if we play 20 minutes hard, 20 minutes medium, and 20 minutes easy we should have this one in our pockets eh boys!!"

• Haha
Reactions: Pens x and Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
No Zucker…bet he’s out week to week lol and not available for the stretch run…Nylander playing w Geno and Rakell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad