Votes: 4 12.1%
  • It’s Sullys fault

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Something along the lines of trading a 25 year old on pace for 40 goals this season for Hallander or acquiring a guy years past his prime, only to extend him to some stupid contract.
Don't forget about that 7th round pick Hextall also landed in the deal!

Edit - that was our 7th round pick. F***!

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Well it was a very late game.

That Empty Net chance was pretty Embarassing.

I felt like the Sharks shot a lot but if they made that extra pass a lot of those shots go in. I feel like CDS had a lot of time to cut the angle etc.

Anyways it's a W and CDS did well.

GCRak looked good.

Saw Malkin do some cool stuff.
Can't wait to see the future games where we don't play a bottom feeder.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
There are six really good teams in the East and the Pens arent one of them we can safely say lol…unless Hextall is going to pick up a difference maker like Meier and be able to replace at least 2 players in the bottom six, or fire Sullivan, I don’t see what difference this all makes…team would be better off with a top 10 pick in this year’s draft lol…this team can’t play defense and a lot of it is system-related

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
There are six really good teams in the East and the Pens arent one of them we can safely say lol…unless Hextall is going to pick up a difference maker like Meier and be able to replace at least 2 players in the bottom six, or fire Sullivan, I don’t see what difference this all makes…team would be better off with a top 10 pick in this year’s draft lol…this team can’t play defense and a lot of it is system-related

I think one thing with the Pens is outside of NYR and maybe BOS if Jarry can put together a playoff run we have an advantage over every team in net.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think one thing with the Pens is outside of NYR and maybe BOS if Jarry can put together a playoff run we have an advantage over every team in net.
Disagree…Jarry is not better than Andersen or Vasi…has a chance against NJ or Toronto but let’s face it…any of those netminders on those six teams can play better than Jarry, and have played better…Jarry is going to have to play the series of his life for the Pens to get out of the first round, particularly since we’ll be playing Carolina or Boston

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Disagree…Jarry is not better than Andersen or Vasi…has a chance against NJ or Toronto but let’s face it…any of those netminders on those six teams can play better than Jarry, and have played better…Jarry is going to have to play the series of his life for the Pens to get out of the first round, particularly since we’ll be playing Carolina or Boston

Forgot about Vasi. Andersen has been awful in the playoffs.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
The way I see it, the Pens are in the tier below teams like Boston, Toronto, and Tampa, who would be disappointed not to win it all.

The Pens and the rest of the lower tier playoff teams need to get really hot at the perfect time to go on a run.

It is what it is, and there are honestly a lot worse franchises to be a fan of.

Reactions: Andy99

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Yes, which was exactly my point. Thanks for reading.
To be fair, prefacing something with "if Jarry can go on a run" is kind of weird because if any goalie goes on a run, any team can beat any team. Jarry has just as much a chance, or less based on history, than pretty much any goalie we would be facing. My point is Jarry has not been reliable either to due his play or his health so hoping he can steal a series seems incredibly wishful.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
To be fair, prefacing something with "if Jarry can go on a run" is kind of weird because if any goalie goes on a run, any team can beat any team. Jarry has just as much a chance, or less based on history, than pretty much any goalie we would be facing. My point is Jarry has not been reliable either to do his play or his health so hoping he can steal a series seems incredibly wishful.

Jarry has played 8 playoff games.

It would not be surprising to see him go into this year healthy and go on a decent run given how he has performed over the last two seasons when healthy.

He also has pedigree of being a decent playoff performer when younger.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Jarry has played 8 playoff games.

It would not be surprising to see him go into this year healthy and go on a decent run given how he has performed over the last two seasons when healthy.

He also has pedigree of being a decent playoff performer when younger.
He's in a contract year so this would be the time to do it for him. It's really our any chance to make any noise in the playoffs, so hopefully you're right. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
I'm glad we got the 2 points...

but don't know how we're going to win anything giving up 40+ shots a game and requiring our goalie to stand on their head to win games. This is not based on just this game, but the way we have been trending.

The issues we have all point towards a system/personnel mismatch. And while we can "tweak" personnel (get a better backup goalie, D, 3rd line, etc), we can't completely change it.

Sully needs to figure this out!!! :mad:

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Unless Hextall turns from Clark Kent to Superman and makes the kind of deals to really upgrade them, Pens are so lacking in to many areas to win. It can be upgraded but I am afraid Hextall lacks the fortitude to do so. NO question Carter, dumo need gone and physical LD and more bang on the bottom 6. Sullivan is old news and needs to go. But FSG group likes him so as they bring down the fan interest for boring dull hockey, good luck with that stance beanies. This franchise is one collapse away from Sid leaving in trade or disgust.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
I don't mind the team not playing super conservative with the lead

How many times have they tried going into the conservative shell and just getting pummeled.

Their best bet is to just keep trying to score. Cause holding onto a lead isn't their thing.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don't mind the team not playing super conservative with the lead

How many times have they tried going into the conservative shell and just getting pummeled.

Their best bet is to just keep trying to score. Cause holding onto a lead isn't their thing.
They need some better finishers then…they should be all in on Meier lol

Reactions: The Old Master

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Despite the blowout loss to the Kings, I think you have to consider this road trip a success. Going 2-1 against the Kings, Ducks and Sharks is about what they should be doing to make the playoffs.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
So basically our mantra for a while now is if our goalie can stand on his head we can win. I have fond memories of 2016 run where our opponents couldn't even get out of their own end for long stretches.
so since CDS is on a Blazing Hot/ Ice Cold/Blazing Hot cycle do we start him next game?

we gave up almost 40 shots against a lottery team, happy for some points. just sayin...

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Something Jarry has never been able to do. Maybe Pettersson can grow a chin too.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Slightly stained Kessel shir-sey
Nice.

I am wearing my Jay Caufield jersey.

Despite the blowout loss to the Kings, I think you have to consider this road trip a success. Going 2-1 against the Kings, Ducks and Sharks is about what they should be doing to make the playoffs.
0-1 vs real competition
2-0 vs bottom of the pile competition

Succes!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The giant babies might be triggered by that, but the Penguins vs playoff teams vs non-playoff teams is interesting this year, they're finally at the level where they can win against weak competition (sometimes) but vs stronger ones they really show their entire buffet of issues.

I don't think I am being a hater as much as I am being a realist that isn't some optimistic dipshit easily fooled by wins vs weak competition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad