Votes: 23 69.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • It’s Sullys fault

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I think we can definitely consider this road trip a success, but also it doesn’t dispel any of the worries about this team and it’s silly to think it does.

I can't believe there is any sane person who believes this team isn't fundamentally flawed. It's like a nice shiny building with Sully's face on the spire, but it's built on sand. You know it's eventually going to crumble.

Reactions: Andy99

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I can't believe there is any sane person who believes this team isn't fundamentally flawed. It's like a nice shiny building with Sully's face on the spire, but it's built on sand. You know it's eventually going to crumble.
I get that some people want to be hopeful, other people just want to be contrary to their posting enemies or whatever. But let's be honest, this team just really isn't performing well enough in any situation this year to think we even have a puncher's chance. At best we could be a spoiler, maybe, but I don't see this team stringing together 4 games of solid play against any of the other 7 playoff teams.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It’s so bizarre. How have Buffalo and and VGK also put up 7 goals a piece against such a strong contender like the Ducks? I thought our win was most impressive against a top 3 western conference team and then the Sabres and Goldies put up a combined 14? I’m floored.

• Haha

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Does yall think that uh, Jarry will be back tomorrow night already and face the islanders in a very important playoff type of game?

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
We're mediocre as f*** but I feel like "fundamentally flawed" is a bit of an overreaction. The Vancouver Canucks are fundamentally flawed. We're an old team with a closed window. People want to catastrophize that but it's fine. I've accepted that we will be mid for about 3 years, then royally suck for about 5. Look forward to 2030-31 Pens hockey baby!

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Does yall think that uh, Jarry will be back tomorrow night already and face the islanders in a very important playoff type of game?
No Gambling Colombo, because he didn’t practice today and there’s no morning skate tomorrow…in fact I’d be surprised if he played in the next three games because we have three games in 4 days and no more practice time…

• Love
Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
No Gambling Colombo, because he didn’t practice today and there’s no morning skate tomorrow…in fact I’d be surprised if he played in the next three games because we have three games in 4 days and no more practice time…
Wow. So he'll be out again :0 I am shocked kinds of already. These games are coming so important and even mr sullivans interviews I hear frustration.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
According to Sullivan it was an appointment that was scheduled a long time ago. It's taking place on the only day that Jarry's in Pittsburgh, after the western road trip and leaving tomorrow again. That's why he didn't practice. It's not an indication of his status tomorrow or anything.

We just don't know what the doctors will say yet.

Wow. So he'll be out again :0 I am shocked kinds of already. These games are coming so important and even mr sullivans interviews I hear frustration.
Refer to above

Reactions: Nhlpowerweek

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
According to Sullivan it was an appointment that was scheduled a long time ago. It's taking place on the only day that Jarry's in Pittsburgh, after the west road trip and leaving tomorrow again. That's why he didn't practice. It's not an indication of his status tomorrow or anything.

Refer to above
Thank you milord. This makes my nerves and brain a bit more eas and relaxed. Mr jarry is needed now, hard. He has the testosterone.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
According to Sullivan it was an appointment that was scheduled a long time ago. It's taking place on the only day that Jarry's in Pittsburgh, after the western road trip and leaving tomorrow again. That's why he didn't practice. It's not an indication of his status tomorrow or anything.

Refer to above
i mean he hasn’t practiced then 4 days after sitting out 7 or so games, so they’re not going to throw him out there Friday night, especially when there’s no morning skate to warm up…for the same reasons, also unlikely he plays in the b2b game less than 24 hours later…and then the team will have the day off Sunday so again he won’t face any shots…possible and I mean possible that he gets in there Monday night against the Isles with a morning skate Monday depending on how much work he gets, but it’s not ideal. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s not back against the Oilers for his first game if the doctors say ok

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
i mean he hasn’t practiced then 4 days after sitting out 7 or so games, so they’re not going to throw him out there Friday night, especially when there’s no morning skate to warm up…for the same reasons, also unlikely he plays in the b2b game less than 24 hours later…and then the team will have the day off Sunday so again he won’t face any shot…possible and I mean possible that he gets in there Monday night against the Isles with a morning skate Monday depending on how much work he gets, but it’s not ideal. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s not back against the Oilers for his first game if the doctors say ok
If the doctor clears him, I think one of these next 2 is a lock. Maybe the Devils game. Sullivan said he hasn't been cleared and that's been the holdup to this point.
He already had 2 practices with the team. Besides, goalies are the least dependant on full team practices. All he needs is a few guys firing pucks at him in the morning, and a good session with the goalie coach. He can get by with that.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If the doctor clears him, I think one of these next 2 is a lock. Maybe the Devils game. Sullivan said he hasn't been cleared and that's been the holdup to this point.
He already had 2 practices with the team. Besides, goalies are the least dependant on full team practices. All he needs is a few guys firing pucks at him in the morning, and a good session with the goalie coach. He can get by with that.
He’s not going to get that though for this b2b…best case scenario if cleared seems to be Monday…

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
He’s not going to get that though for this b2b…best case scenario if cleared seems to be Monday…
The goalie coach is supposed to adapt to the goalie's needs, not the other way around. They can definitely arrange a session. And there will likely be an optional morning skate where they can have a few guys stick around and fire pucks at him.

I've seen guys come back without practices before, even under Sullivan. I don't think it's an iron rule.
Even a cold Jarry is preferable to Tokarski.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
He has been getting that hasn’t he?
No…he hasnt been on the ice since the practice before the SJ game, where everyone thought he was going to play in SJ game and then he didn’t…just seems like Sullivan thinks Jarry is more ready to play than Jarry thinks lol

Isles aren’t that good except for goaltending and PKing, and yet we’ll probably lose…lol…EDIT: Pens are 0-3-3 in last 6 vs Metro after 5-1-1 start in divisional play.

Head-to-head matchup​

1nyipiut.JPG

Last edited:

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
We're mediocre as f*** but I feel like "fundamentally flawed" is a bit of an overreaction. The Vancouver Canucks are fundamentally flawed. We're an old team with a closed window. People want to catastrophize that but it's fine. I've accepted that we will be mid for about 3 years, then royally suck for about 5. Look forward to 2030-31 Pens hockey baby!

You don't think giving up a bazillion HDCAgainst night after night isn't "fundamentally flawed"?
I've said this for the past year: this team has the wrong players for the system that Sully wants to run. So change the system or change the players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad