Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Sabres Back-End | Get Swept

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
The lines have finally settled into their best possible place considering the roster. McGinn being hot enough to bump Zucker gives L2 a nice defensive presence, albeit losing some net front. Zucker getting about 12 mins a night is our best hope of him making it to the playoffs and being able to contribute, and if he's still alive then maybe you swap him and McGinn back.

Really like how L4 is playing.

Reactions: Rudy Russo

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Looked like a full house... Robo got nothin' to do with it...

Great game, Sid..., DeSmith... & Skating Penguin logo...
IB8BCR.gif

Reactions: td_ice

GregR

Mar 4, 2002
Not counting on fully being out of the woods on the Petry thing yet:

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Buffalo has had nothing to cheer about for 20 years so I understand they are fired up about the Bilsl and the Sabres. You can only feel good about the improvement in snow blowers so long.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Buffalo fans on their board are salty rn haha. Apparently a take is that after the taking 4/4 points the Pens should rebuild because they’re old and didn’t dominate either game.

It's funny because Buffalo has rebuilt several times during the 87/71 era, and they got nothing out of any of those attempts at success. I don't know that immediately rebuilding all the time is the best way to go about things :laugh:

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Thought it was a great start, but we fell into a shell mostly from the later part of the first period.
Pretty much on CDS, puck luck and Buffalo players missing wide open nets that they didn't make it back.

Lots of good from L1 and L4. As well as special teams. Malkin looked the slowest I have seen him this season. That guy needs a goal badly also. Still contributing, but not a lot of confidence in his shot.

Not getting why Zucker was demoted at all.

Letang back.... and maybe right on time considering the way Petry left the game. Have to say that as good as it is to have him back, it was also noticeable how often he didn't get clears and how often he iced it when he did. We were swamped the most when he was on the ice. His minutes needs to be managed more. Not like the others didn't prove capable in his absence.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I haven’t been able to catch many games since Thanksgiving, but I’m happy they won both back to back games.

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
Guess the boys need to shit the bed to have more than two pages of replies nowadays.

Wish they had given Jake the empty net goal and Sid a 4th point to push into the top 5 of scoring.

Reactions: Fordy

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Are you trying to make me weep? Man do I miss my youth watching the 90's/early 2000's.

Don't get me wrong, I love these guys but as an older adult it's kinda like another job
I liked those days too, I also didn't mind the dark days...sometimes some of us on the Pens board made GDT's on Caps board (their official board) just for fun even if we did not play the Caps that day.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I had old man issues and passed out at some point during the game to awaken I think seeing Sid the empty net assassin try for an ENG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad