GDT: | Pens vs Rangers | March 18th 1800hrs MST | Here we go again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Yeah Bylsma got held accountable. We just hear about how everything is goaltending and Hextall’s fault because Sullivan is one of the top five coaches in the league.
Yeah, the mistake is thinking its one or the other, a black and white situation. The problems are everywhere. And when absolutely nothing changes, competing theories make sense.

But the thing that HAS been consistent in the past with this team is a roster that looks lifeless, bloated, and finished being reinvigorated by a fresh face behind the bench. It wont work every time, but it has worked often enough.

At this point, I dont care if Sully does have redeeming qualities, or has been boxed in by bad moves from Hextall. We've seen enough to know that his decision making is suspect, even with a better roster at his disposal. He needs to go, and ownership shouldnt sit there pissing their pants thinking "Well, what if top 5 coach Mike Sullivan gets hired by the Flyers or the Caps or something?!? We will look so dumb!" Its just over. Wish him well, and part company. And then clear out his assistants and the GM too. And whatever wasting flotsam they can clear off this roster.

But for god's sake, I'm praying FSG do not fire Hextall and then think "lets see how he is with a new GM." If he goes, they should all go.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
No matter what they do, no matter how hard they play, that fact our goalies are going to leak goals and the other team's aren't has to be demoralizing. I'd quit too.

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
I think a coaching change was needed in the summer for that. It's not about one or two players changing. That could maybe change a few results and we'd squeak into the playoffs.
There's something wrong with the culture this year. They are flat in like 33% of the games.
While Boston deserves a ton of credit, look at their cap situation and how many lovely contracts they have.

In your position I'd just avoid spoilers and torrent games when you get home the next day. No need to destroy your sleep schedule.
I agree and no team should know it better than Pens what the right coach does for a team. Sully worked for the first years because he had new tactics and authority. After few years other teams(Tampa, Colorado, Carolina) adapted and improved Sully's tactics or found the antidote (Islanders..) and his authority didn't work anymore when he became an old face on the locker room. Even blind Dorothy can see that.

I'm UNI student so I can pretty much make my own schedules so it's alright :) But yea sometimes it's better just to watch the highlights

Reactions: Andy99

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
All season long I’ve watched our dmen go to the low zone to retrieve a puck and then blindly pass up to the half wall expecting a forward to be there but he’s never there. You can’t tell me this team is being coached properly. These are tactics that high schoolers regularly use. It’s so pathetic.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Time for a point to point pass between 71 and 58 resulting in a shorthanded breakaway....

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I think we probably get in, but I dunno. Lookin close now. Florida is heating up.
At this point, its not even a question in my mind they catch us. They're on fire.

Buffalo and Ottawa are further behind, but they're in a similar situation. Young, hungry teams who are trying to prove a point, are sick of losing, and arent ready to cave. And we have to play the Sens next so that's a 4 pointer.

The Pens team out there tonight has less motivation and will than all of the chasing pack right now. I just hope if we get knocked out, the Islanders get the same fate.

since70

Sep 27, 2016
Player coaches for the rest of the season. Side you're up first, then you Kris, etc

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
All season long I’ve watched our dmen go to the low zone to retrieve a puck and then blindly pass up to the half wall expecting a forward to be there but he’s never there. You can’t tell me this team is being coached properly. These are tactics that high schoolers regularly use. It’s so pathetic.
we keep bringing this over and over again for now years...I guess we are the only one with video tapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad