Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flown to the moon

Votes: 14 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Jarry's flawed as f*** but so is every other option available to this team, realistically. They're just gonna re-sign the dude to a market value deal and be done with it, imo--for better or worse.

Gibson's not worth chasing. Doing Florida a favor and taking Bob's dumb ass off their hands is absurdity. There's really no option out there that's a clear upgrade, imo, so the team will just default to the devil they know and keep Jarry.

-edit- Just for clarification's sake; I can't stand Jarry. He's like a shitty MAF (athletic, prone to bonehead mistakes with fundamentals, can steal or lose you a game) with serious durability issues. I just don't think this team's got the spine to look elsewhere, and there's no risk-free options available to this team.

Last edited:

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
the only thing I can say is you can call it luck only so much…our finishing has gone downhill the last three seasons…
while i agree with most of your post, and luck does play a part of it. it seems to me that is more of a confidence thing. you don't get to that level of play if you can't do things the rest of us can only dream of. but when you start to try to do more than you can it's a snowball effect. you start trying to pick a corner and end up shooting high, you start trying to hit just inside the post, and end up missing the net wide. you try to shoot a little harder and pull it wide. so you try harder, and you start passing on shots because you start doubting yourself. or waiting a second longer to shoot. and things just get worse.

Reactions: Andy99

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Jarry's flawed as f*** but so is every other option available to this team, realistically. They're just gonna re-sign the dude to a market value deal and be done with it, imo--for better or worse.

Gibson's not worth chasing. Doing Florida a favor and taking Bob's dumb ass off their hands is absurdity. There's really no option out there that's a clear upgrade, imo, so the team will just default to the devil they know and keep Jarry.
Best solution I can come up with is keep Jarry and trade what you need to for Vejmelka. Then you have a failsafe 1B, signed for 2 x 2.75M.
He's 12th in the league in GSAx, playing on Arizona. It may be an outlier year but I'd rather roll the dice on a great cap hit like that than pay Gibson, who's sucked 4 years straight, 6.4M.

My dream was Saros but when Trotz took over as GM in Nashville the dream died.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
while i agree with most of your post, and luck does play a part of it. it seems to me that is more of a confidence thing. you don't get to that level of play if you can't do things the rest of us can only dream of. but when you start to try to do more than you can it's a snowball effect. you start trying to pick a corner and end up shooting high, you start trying to hit just inside the post, and end up missing the net wide. you try to shoot a little harder and pull it wide. so you try harder, and you start passing on shots because you start doubting yourself. or waiting a second longer to shoot. and things just get worse.
But see, I wouldn’t call a crisis in confidence luck…might start out with luck but once you start losing confidence and trying too hard and your coach doesn’t help, then it’s not luck any longer lol

Best solution I can come up with is keep Jarry and trade what you need to for Vejmelka. Then you have a failsafe 1B, signed for 2 x 2.75M.
He's 12th in the league in GSAx, playing on Arizona. It may be an outlier year but I'd rather roll the dice on a great cap hit like that than pay Gibson, who's sucked 4 years straight, 6.4M.

Works only if Jarry takes a short terms deal of 2-3 years…otherwise no thanks lol

Reactions: The Old Master

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019

Yeah, Saros was always gonna cost a shitload too. Vejmelka is interesting, might end up being quite good on a decent/good team. I thought Ullmark was interesting back when he was posting decent stats on a miserable Buffalo team--Vejmelka may end up being similar, but not quite vaulting to Vezina caliber, particularly with this team in front of him.

I dunno. I just figure they're gonna hand Jarry some stupid contract and cross goalie off their to-do list for the summer. /shrug Dude's streaky, mediocre, and injury prone, and I wish they had a better option though.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad