SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I'll say it. That was bad
eric-andre-controversial-yet-so-brave.gif

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
They keep talking about not having bad periods and then they keep coming out and doing it.

If you're gonna consistently not play 60 minutes in this league, you're gonna have nights like this.
The lesson they seemed to learn from a bad first period versus Columbus is have a great first period and then mail it in the rest of the game.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Not really sure what's up with them taking games off. But even if we lose in Calgary we've put together a record that rivals the best in the Metro.

Hopefully they have some bite tomorrow. Maybe they'll throw Poulin in and scratch McGinn.
Excited to see what Poulin can do with the 7 minutes of ice time he'll get lol

Reactions: Pens x

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
++L1 in the first
+++Rakell
+POJ

-------Letang
------Top 4 D
-------PP1
---------------Geno

+/- Jarry. Maybe more of a minus.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
They choked on their own vomit…now they get face a rested Calgary squad…let’s hope CDS is more calm and collected than Jarry was tonight and stands on his head

Reactions: ncm7772

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think Dumoulin is near-cooked and they have to adjust accordingly. Replace some of his 5-on-5 shifts with Rutta, POJ. Keep him fresher for D zone and PK. I think we can squeeze a productive year out of him with some tweaks.

Rakell looked awesome and his movement and shot mentality is needed on PP1. They’d be stupid not to put him there.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Not really sure what's up with them taking games off. But even if we lose in Calgary we've put together a record that rivals the best in the Metro.

Hopefully they have some bite tomorrow. Maybe they'll throw Poulin in and scratch McGinn.
It's a bad habit to get into.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
It's always hard to criticize how coaches send message to their players, since we don't know how they respond best.

But, I have to wonder how calling a timeout in period 2 to try to stop the bleeding, or at least starting PP2 to send some kind of message could hurt in a game like that.

Reactions: Turin

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Horrific game so instead I pose a serious question.

Have the Oilers EVER scored 6 goals where McDavid had 0 points? I don't believe so

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Call me crazy, but I think we might actually be better tomorrow in Calgary. We can’t really run and gun for 3 periods. Our players are a little too long in the tooth for that. I want to see how this team can grind, because that’s what I think we’re really built for.

Oh yeah…the refs really sucked in this one. Easily the worst officiated game out of our games this far.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
I thought POJ looked okay on the PP, but I didn't like his game at even strength. Also, the way Puljujarvi manhandled him at the end, made him look like an AHL scrub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad