Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Oilers | blowout loss | Get it out of your system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
If you think the team is dreadful now... imagine them next season... a year older.
:dainty:
The thing is, I don't see them as dreadful. This is the same team that went on a massive winning streak!

The big 3 are the biggest risk of decline, and they are far from the problem that we expected them to be. That may change next year.

Reactions: LOGiK

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
chychrun would be fantastic. he won't fix all that ails with the team he is only one guy. even mcdavid on this team wouldn't fix enough. we need new goalies, we need to have a better defense, our bottom 6 needs a lot of help. still chychrun would be fantastic for us now and going forward. he would almost assuredly be our best defensemen very quickly. and he is young enough to be here to help through a rebuild and be here on the other side. sleep not wanting to give up a couple of firsts is stupid, does he really think we will get a player as good as chychrun and have him suit up anything short of a few years with either of those picks?

Send DeSmith, kapanen, and a pick to the ducks for Gibson and Henrique would fix 2 issues right off but doubt we do that. that and the ask might be higher as we'd want retention on at least gibson's salary.

i'd be fine if we emptied out our picks and our mediocre prospects and in return ended up with Gibson, Henrique and Chychrun. that would be quite the successful re-tool job. Not gonna happen but I can dream right?

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
Gibson would get shelled here, just like Anaheim. We probably play worse defense than the ducks.

Henrique would get McGinn, Carter as his wings... maybe even Heinan. LOL. Look at his current wings in Anaheim.

Chychrun would literally get hung out to dry by our "fast" aggressive system that continually does bad pinching, bad passes that allow for too many 2v1s... it would be more of the same with a high priced asset.

Reactions: Andy99

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Chychrun would be cool if this team wasn't absolutely awful, coached by this dude until 2027, and at this stage of the era. Feels like a waste to throw the kitchen sink (does this team have a kitchen sink?) at the guy just to turn around and trade him in a year or 18 months after this team fails to make the playoffs this year and next.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Chychrun would be cool if this team wasn't absolutely awful, coached by this dude until 2027, and at this stage of the era. Feels like a waste to throw the kitchen sink (does this team have a kitchen sink?) at the guy just to turn around and trade him in a year or 18 months after this team fails to make the playoffs this year and next.
The whole problem is with a still able sid and geno... they shouldn't be this bad for another 2-3 years....
Just amazed how bad whoever was at getting decent signings and decent youth (whether or not they destroyed the youth or whoever else is another story.... or is it the same story.)
watever.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
Gibson would get shelled here, just like Anaheim. We probably play worse defense than the ducks.

Henrique would get McGinn, Carter as his wings... maybe even Heinan. LOL. Look at his current wings in Anaheim.

Chychrun would literally get hung out to dry by our "fast" aggressive system that continually does bad pinching, bad passes that allow for too many 2v1s... it would be more of the same with a high priced asset.
Thing is when we do eventually get things figured out which we have for stretches this season, we then have the goalie shit the bed and we lose anyway (see islanders as recent example) You can not underestimate the impact a goalie not stopping a beach ball has on a team. It's more then just the obvious. Players that don't trust the goalie to make a save don't play the same, the game is about momentum swings and when you keep letting weak and bad timing goals in it just compounds everything else. We switch goalies against the islanders we win both games going away. just how much better off would we be if that was the case?

Pushing carter to wing might get some mileage out of his aging corpse. He can't handle the extra skating involved with playing center. really he should be on 4th line wing duties if he must be in the lineup. I'd push his ass up to the press box (cant put him in the A with the NM clause)

Chychrun would most likely be part of dealing Petry out of here as the team has put him out there as available. A 1st + Petry + ? is a fair offer for him. We'd shave 3M off our cap as well. I dont think he'd struggle here, he'd only help. Most likely they'd throw him in to anchor the second pairing (at first) can't tell me he'd be worse then our current 3/4 defenders.

Last edited:

NeonKnight

Nov 14, 2008
I know this is likely a complete nothing, but last night after Letang scored the first goal, I thought his facial expression as he skated past the Pens bench was odd. Almost sheepish. Almost like, "Sorry guys, I know we agreed not to make an effort anymore."

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Sully Says: "The Pens Have to Pick Themselves Up and Get Back in the Fight"​

Cut me, Sully...
X7jFga.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Zirakzigil

bomber22

Oct 1, 2011
unfortunately zero fight or passion with this team. Has to be softest team in the teams history. None of them will stand up for each other in game. Get blown out and and just curl up in the fetal position is the best they can do at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad