Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Oilers | blowout loss | Get it out of your system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Over their last 25 games they’ve only won 8 times lol. You never know, if this thing snowballs we could find ourselves with a top 5 pick. But just losing at the same pace that they’ve been losing, I think we’re looking at a top 10 pick.
Pens are going to pull a Steelers. Go on a late season meaningless win streak and still miss the playoffs.

Last edited:

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Nine days ago, I posted in a thread called "Who wins the Wild Cards in the East?" on the main boards and many posters were confidently picking the Penguins. Just goes to show how little fans of other teams know about the woes of a particular team sometimes. Our penchant for giving up scoring chances like candy on Halloween and inconsistent goaltending resulted in what was bound to happen sooner or later - an ugly losing streak which is very likely to become even uglier and more pathetic.

It's not just the losses, it's the way the Pens literally gift goals like they are going out of style and fail to score timely goals. People were blaming CDS and while he isn't very good, of course, the last few games have made it painfully clear that there are plenty of bigger problems.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Over their last 25 games they’ve only won 8 times lol. You never know, if this thing snowballs we could find ourselves with a top 5 pick. But just losing at the same pace that they’ve been losing, I think we’re looking at a top 10 pick.

We're only like 5pts up on Ottawa ... just for reference.

edit: and they have a game in hand

Last edited:
Reactions: canadianguy77

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
The look on Dumos face on the bench after the McDavid penalty call was brutal. Dude was in total despair, he looked completely beaten and humiliated.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Nine days ago, I posted in a thread called "Who wins the Wild Cards in the East?" on the main boards and many posters were confidently picking the Penguins. Just goes to show how little fans of other teams know about the woes of a particular team sometimes. Our penchant for giving up scoring chances like candy on Halloween and inconsistent goaltending resulted in what was bound to happen sooner or later - an ugly losing streak which is very likely to become even uglier and more pathetic.

It's not just the losses, it's the way the Pens literally gift goals like they are going out of style and fail to score timely goals. People were blaming CDS and while he isn't very good, of course, the last few games have made it painfully clear that there are plenty of bigger problems.
Yea, reminds me of the Winter Classic game. Boston fans on here were stunned we were all calling for Sullivan's head. Little do they know we've been doing it for years...

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Idk. Sullivan's 2 cup teams had a lot of hidden gems drafted by.... Ray Shero. The trades Rutherford made helped... But that team was largely Ray Shero's... (who was also fired for a lot less than what Sullivan is being extended/rewarded for).

But that's hindsight for you. Hopefully Ray wins in NJ.
That might be a little hard since he was fired by the Devils three years ago. :)

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
Why did i watch that? That's the real question I can't answer.

Jarry was left out to dry but he obviously is also not back all the way which I get that because of how long it's been. I think our GM was hoping Jarry's return would just fix everything. Hextall has sat on his hands to long. Our bottom 6 is just awful, our defense got blown up over the summer and it doesn't look very good.

Our goal tending is our biggest downfall every post season.
My solution to address that would be to try something different in net. There where options..
Sleepy's solution? We won't have to worry about the post season because we are gonna miss it...

Reactions: Andy99

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I'm absolutely sick of Jarry's BS. I'm not buying this "It's not Jarry's fault" narrative. 3 of those GAs are directly related to his play. That first McDavid goal was just embarrassing. The Yamamoto goal is poor rebound control. And the Shore goal is his classic "trying to do too much and making things worse." It is a huge risk to ride this guy in the playoffs, if we even make it.

But Letang also needs a drastically reduced role and Carter needs 4th line minutes.

------Jarry
----Letang
----Carter
-Dumoulin
+Pettersson

Was Jarry bad and responsible for the first 4 goals? Yup, he was not up for this game
But when the 2nd goal goes in and the shots are 13-3, you know the entire team didn't bother to show up either

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
That's just the thing - he won't, and he's made it clear that he won't. The onus is on Hextall to axe him.
Yep, that’s why he should be fired…also he needs to take ownership for the roster too…it’s not like he’s a potted plant there…he’s given them feedback and asked for players and he’s gotten players he wants and avoided players he didn’t want…he’s part of the process of signing/trading for players so throwing the GM under the bus is ridiculous….also there’s this from Rossi today lol (courtesy of another poster)

“Today’s Rossi infodump states that Sullivan in particular wants the Pens to trade for Jacob Chychrun, but Hextall says no to giving up the two first round picks required to do the deal.”

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Now watch this team for the laughs.... not a paid app or paid cable. So no viewer numbers for this sad sack org.
Reward!? Not castigate the destruction of my once (semi) proud organization. I don't accept that. Will not support it.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
“Today’s Rossi infodump states that Sullivan in particular wants the Pens to trade for Jacob Chychrun, but Hextall says no to giving up the two first round picks required to do the deal.”
I am sure Chychrun would love to come here to play in our defense (for lack of a better word) system and get 20 seconds per power play with the likes of Kapanen and Carter in his unit.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013

Here's the issue for me. I can and have excepted our descent from the top and aging core.

What drives me insane is the heads of this team spouting garbage at us and expecting us to eat it up.

Clearly there's a need for a new coach and voice. Their response? Touting that's he's the best and extending him last offseason for no reason.

It's OK for us to not be the best. It is not ok for them to parade around and pretend everything is awesome, we have the right people to lead this organization....guys just need to play the right way, etc.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Here's the issue for me. I can and have excepted our descent from the top and aging core.

What drives me insane is the heads of this team spouting garbage at us and expecting us to eat it up.

Clearly there's a need for a new coach and voice. Their response? Touting that's he's the best and extending him last offseason for no reason.

It's OK for us to not be the best. It is not ok for them to parade around and pretend everything is awesome, we have the right people to lead this organization....guys just need to play the right way, etc.

Yep, just a bunch of canned cliches/platitudes for a guy that should have been canned after the loss to MTL in the play in season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad