Positive takeways:
- depth scoring
- strong start
- PP goal
- didnt collapse
- entertaining
- 4 points in a back to back
- emotion

Lots to be happy about the last 2 days. That was a good and entertaining win. Ive been happy with the response since the Edmonton game. Hasnt been perfect, but the effort and emotion has been there. Good win tonight boys.

giphy.gif

7261_pittsburgh_penguins-jersey-1996.png

Great win but I cry foul on a multi select for a "most" question.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Great to see so many players get off the shnide. Nice 60 Minute effort. No complaints.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I know he scored, but Carter and the third remains complete and undiluted ass.

Good win though. Awesome Geno. Great second line. Good fourth line. Liked all D- men although Letang had his meh spells.

Absurd that Sully plays the third a lot more than the fourth. Well, he should, but they should be flipped.

That's the only downside. No accident that Tampa's first goal came with Carter on the ice.

Geno, the D, etc. were great. LOVED the DOC-Blueger-Archibald line. Proper bottom-six speed line. I know it doesn't have any big names, but you could put the ideal 3rd line wingers alongside Carter and he would mess it up.

I guess I'm happy for Dumo. I hate his style of defending which is falling all over the ice, but it still works at times.

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
The boyz are definitely pumped, let’s hope they can carry this on

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I posted this morning that Tampa could not come at better time, we play them well, and this was the perfect team to grow the winning streak...

I liked our defense tonight for the most part, Geno was on the mission, his effort is contagious, if Rust scores at 15-20% that Line would be heavily in plus...

You could tell that Blueger and Dumo are getting better,

However JC is still a super weak link, everytime his line was in our zone I now expect that we get scored on...and can someone please tell Sully not to put him on PK...he is just so bad on PK its hilarious..

Sid's line is kind of meh at this point, with Jack coasting, Sid so so and Rakell just OK,

But I really like how the dman were sucesfull in moving the puck and avoiding forecheck, I hope this is something new, not Tampa's slow down on their back to back
No, I think it was Tampa on the second night of the b2b that was not a home…their road record isn’t great…like the Pens, they selectively decide when to make the effort…I do think, however, that we match up better with Tampa than teams in our division because they are not as fast as NJD, Carolina, Toronto…

Reactions: vodeni

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Just got back from picking them up... My son went so it was as automatic as they come...

Glad everyone got off the schneid.

TB still needs empty nets to score.
Carter can still shoot the puck.
Pettersson is really looking good.
Great pass by Jake to Sid.
Geno getting the break away after his penalty was over.
Even Dumo got a goal...

I didn't see the 3rd, listen to it while waiting at PPG picking them up. Don't know how bad they looked.

Great team win, though. Especially being the 2nd of b2b's.

Last edited:

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Btw Danton Heinen and all his unremarkableness is 10x the player Kapanen is just by virtue of being decent positonally

and how tf did Rakell not get an assist on Carter's goal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad