• PP goal

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • CDS win

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Tell me you aren't a TRUE Pens fan, without telling me you aren't a true pens fan...

I just can't bring myself to the point where I want to see them lose. Not while Sid and Malkin are around and still playing well. I completely understand that there are some things that could theoretically be fixed by losing a lot. But there will be time for that soon enough.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
We have a good time, just a matter if we play like it or not. And with todays prices, I dont want Hex going after a significant piece, or even a depth piece for that matter.

Given Hextall's history, I expect that he waits it out and hoovers up a bargain basement leftover at the last minute on the cheap. Like he did with Carter and similar in the past.

Although we have battered wife syndrome from it, he is no JR. He was known for the most part in Philly for the opposite, incapable of making needed deals if it was not a bargain.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Given Hextall's history, I expect that he waits it out and hoovers up a bargain basement leftover at the last minute on the cheap. Like he did with Carter and similar in the past.

Although we have battered wife syndrome from it, he is no JR. He was known for the most part in Philly for the opposite, incapable of making needed deals if it was not a bargain.
In fairness to Hextall, he actually did swing big this summer. The Matheson/Marino Petry/Rutta deals were not small moves at all. And he obviously re-signed everyone which might be a boring thing to have done but he did manage to do it which is not nothing. He had quite a big summer imo.

He's not having the most exciting trade deadline but there's still a few more days I suppose. I do think he'll ultimately land where you said and he'll do something minor that we won't hate but won't move the needle in any meaningful way unless we get lucky.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
As happy as I am with this win, I just hope that it didn't convince Hexie to sit on his hands and do nothing.

Blue, Dumo, and Carter. Lolllllll

Brock Mcginn still MIA
And still won't be scratched or waived...

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Great to see so many players get off the shnide. Nice 60 Minute effort. No complaints.
Yes a win is a win, and a big win is even better. But if we want to look at it being a 60 minute effort, I am not so sure. TB won the first period 2-1, they won the 3rd period 1-0. If the Pens don't uncharacteristically have a great second period, the game is lost.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Is Marcus Pettersson our best player? Lol…Discuss…
He is definitely the best defenseman who has a newborn in the year 2023 that plays LD for the Pens. I can confidently say that. Now I'm sure Pierre would have some other stat about the best D with the name Marcus born under a full moon or something like that.

Reactions: Andy99

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Yes a win is a win, and a big win is even better. But if we want to look at it being a 60 minute effort, I am not so sure. TB won the first period 2-1, they won the 3rd period 1-0. If the Pens don't uncharacteristically have a great second period, the game is lost.
Well, when you're up by 5 going to the third, You're not going to be pressing the attack as much. I think just keeping Tampa to one goal in the third was fine. You got to understand the game situation, I don't think we wanted to rub it in anymore. Don't forget we got to play these guys Thursday with Vasi being back in.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
One thing I really liked is that the team only surrendered 1 in the 3rd with the big lead. I was expecting 2 or 3.
When Tampa scored with more than 10 minutes left in the third, I was honestly expecting them to turn it into a nail-biter.

Kudos to the Pens for actually "shutting" a team down in the third for once when you have a big lead.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
If Zucker and Rust hit 20 (very possible) is this the worst team with 6 20 goal scorers in league history?

It is really hard to not have at the very least a strong regular season with that kind of depth of goal scorers.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If Zucker and Rust hit 20 (very possible) is this the worst team with 6 20 goal scorers in league history?

It is really hard to not have at the very least a strong regular season with that kind of depth of goal scorers.
Not when you have a shitty defense, despite retooling half of it over the summer, and mediocre goaltending

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg

Buffalo currently has a worse record and 5 guys with 20 and Dahlin has the same 14 as Rust does. Ottawa has a chance to do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad