Day games are great for:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
-Kevin Weekes and EJ Hradek. They were saying that hit was fine. He exploded into Blugar’s head. Then some muppet plastered McGinn into edge of the boards jaw first. Seems whenever we’re playing Winnipeg there are some dirty hits thrown. (Tbf there was that Geno head hit on Wheeler.)
That Geno hit was 100% justified after Buff face slamming Schultz into the glass and I think Lowry (surprise) running Matta late into an open bench door. Wheeler should've thanked his own teammates for that one.

Reactions: Victor Z and Peat

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
Good to see beastmode Geno make an appearance in the 3rd and OT. Sid was a bit quiet but he still looked miles better than he did at the beginning of the year. If both of them can maintain this level all year, we can go far
Is there any clip of Geno dancing Scheifle? Couldn't find any highlights of it.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Back in the Murray/Jarry debate days I felt like you and I were the few that raved for Jarry while the majority called him a hot streak guy and wanted to stick with the guy that couldn't keep his head right.

The playoffs hit and he blew it bad. I lost a lot of confidence in him and thought I'd understand them trading him or figured at least they bring in a vet backup (still need this). Fast forward to today and I'm stunned at this guy's mental focus. How many goalies could salvage themselves like that?
Usually blokes that admit they need to be better and don't blame bad goals on luck. Because when you excuse bad play with luck, you don't take accountability.

Jarry held himself accountable. Hextall gave him support and a vote of confidence and got him the goalie coach he worked best with.

That's how the ship was righted mate.

And yeah the luck thing is a jab at a certain ex goalie.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I was completely fine sticking with Jarry even after last year.

What was the alternative, really? Pay out the nose in FA for optimistically the same and realistically worse results? Trade for friggin Fleury?

The majority of goaltenders are utter basket cases. Even "legit" starters. Unbeatable one month and a trainwreck the next. Jarry is just as good as the vast majority of them and in a lot of cases better.

Playoffs will tell the real tale, of course.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Remember when we were all excited about the prospect of seeing a fully fit team for once? Well, that lasted long.

Silver lining for the possibility of some Zohorna time.

Reactions: spcastlemagic

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
The injury to Bleuger provides interesting opportunities. ERod back to a center role, DOC moved to a center role, Big Z in at wing with Boyle being center...which now that I think about it is what will happen.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
The injury to Bleuger provides interesting opportunities. ERod back to a center role, DOC moved to a center role, Big Z in at wing with Boyle being center...which now that I think about it is what will happen.
I think we're going to see a substantial shake-up, but DOC is not available. He's on injured reserve.

With Blueger out, I'm guessing the following:
Guentzel-Crosby-Rust
Heinen-Malkin-Kapanen
McGinn-Carter-Rodrigues
Zohorna-Boyle-Simon

Reactions: SEALBound

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I was completely fine sticking with Jarry even after last year.

What was the alternative, really? Pay out the nose in FA for optimistically the same and realistically worse results? Trade for friggin Fleury?

The majority of goaltenders are utter basket cases. Even "legit" starters. Unbeatable one month and a trainwreck the next. Jarry is just as good as the vast majority of them and in a lot of cases better.

Playoffs will tell the real tale, of course.

I mean that's easy to say when he's doing what he's doing now.

If he wasn't you wouldn't be singing the same tune.

We have a team that's tops in the NHL in scoring with no goaltender and he's letting in goals this season after a playoffs meltdown you asking why we didn't get another goalie.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I mean that's easy to say when he's doing what he's doing now.

If he wasn't you wouldn't be singing the same tune.

We have a team that's tops in the NHL in scoring with no goaltender and he's letting in goals this season after a playoffs meltdown you asking why we didn't get another goalie.

Well yeah but that isn't what's happening and Jarry's issue has never been in the RS. Once again what were the real alternatives? We all saw what goaltending stupidly got signed for this past FA.

They need a backup for sure, though. CDS is dusted.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
So Blueger takes this shot to the head. Jumping into contact, upward momentum, head primary point of contact.

In what universe does it make sense for this hit not being penalized and receiving supplemental discipline?

Attachments

• B6043AE5-A4D1-48DA-A1CA-707162B46A8C.png
    B6043AE5-A4D1-48DA-A1CA-707162B46A8C.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad