GDT: Pens vs Devils 2 disappointing teams @ 7pm

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I hate not watching them in the playoffs, but maybe this is for the best...The way they defend, the defensman they have the way they come out of the zone, disorganized, the way the defensman are caving in and cowardly backing on each play, this team and these players need some coaching

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
In case anyone hasnt noticed lately, by TOI Geno is now our third line center…

Also, someone on another site noted that Geno gave an interview recently where he made it clear that he was not interested in playing anymore? Is this true because I don’t remember hearing anything like that…

since70

Sep 27, 2016
It's remarkable that you could almost superimpose a game from 2019 and see the same breakouts, and the same defensive lapses, and the same horrible gap control, and lack of physicality, and crappy o zone cycling, so it must be the players.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Dubas sucks, Sullivan sucks, half the team sucks, and arguably most worrisome of all, FSG sucks.
It's not a fun team to watch either. I've watched worse Pens teams that at least had heart and were enjoyable to watch.

This team has no faith in anything it's doing on the ice.

And yet they're gonna keep the coach and most of the players.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
It's remarkable that you could almost superimpose a game from 2019 and see the same breakouts, and the same defensive lapses, and the same horrible gap control, and lack of physicality, and crappy o zone cycling, so it must be the players.
unless you are blind or brainwashed

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
The idea of trying to win a low down possession game against a team that is quicker than you at every position is…I don’t know. He has to be insane.

There is no rhyme or reason as to why they play certain ways against certain teams. They should play NJ like they do against Colorado. High pressure. Transition. Quick strike.

I think he thinks NJ is NJ from the 90s. I wish I was joking.

Reactions: Andy99

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It's not a fun team to watch either. I've watched worse Pens teams that at least had heart and were enjoyable to watch.

This team has no faith in anything it's doing on the ice.

And yet they're gonna keep the coach and most of the players.
People who pretend the teardown/rebuild years are gonna be worse than this are coping because they can't accept that the era's been over for years. This shit is 100x worse than any of the XGen teams. Easily.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
What about teams that can't attack for shit?

Because the Pens kinda check both boxes
The pens attack is having their forwards forced to the outside, pass back to the point and hope for a rebound to score on.

The team was mediocre this year.

Since the deadline they are mediocre and no longer care.
Hey but they outshot and out hit the Devils tonight.

Reactions: Pancakes

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I guess if you're looking for positives this game should springboard us into a three game losing streak. No way in hell we beat Dallas or Colorado on the road.

Solidifying that draft position

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
In case anyone hasnt noticed lately, by TOI Geno is now our third line center…

Also, someone on another site noted that Geno gave an interview recently where he made it clear that he was not interested in playing anymore? Is this true because I don’t remember hearing anything like that…
Makes sense, Eller is more solid and reliable than Geno now. Probably. Doesn´t matter anyway. Not even Sid is trying hard anymore. Also this team is getting 0.863 save percentage in their last 11 games, when it "matters the most".

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I guess if you're looking for positives this game should springboard us into a three game losing streak. No way in hell we beat Dallas or Colorado on the road.

Solidifying that draft position
Not beating Carolina after that either lol…

Reactions: Pancakes

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
"Yeahhh we're back in this baby"

Imagine flaunting your idiocy in public

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Acciari is the rare PKer that’s both small and slow. He covers no ground at all. Basically a 5 on 3 1/2.
He's not agile either. He gets lit up when other defensemen bother to hit him because he has no ability to skate laterally.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Someone at some point should’ve informed Kris that he’s allowed to stop the puck with his skate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad