GDT: Pens vs Devils 2 disappointing teams @ 7pm

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Wings, Flyers, Islanders, Sabres, Lightning, Devils all in action today.

Pens are 6 points out of a playoff spot with 15 games left. They'll pretty much have to win every game in probably their toughest schedule of the season

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Wings, Flyers, Islanders, Sabres, Lightning, Devils all in action today.

Pens are 6 points out of a playoff spot with 15 games left. They'll pretty much have to win every game in probably their toughest schedule of the season
The next four games are certainly a murderer’s row…will they win even one game? That wouldn’t be enough even if they did…they won’t win tonight…I don’t care how shitty NJ’s goaltending is, or their defense, the Pens can’t take advantage because they can’t score goals…this team is just a bad matchup for them as NJ forwards will be flying thru the NZ unimpeded lol and then no one will body them up in front of the net either…

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I had the Devils as my SC contender. Wow has their goaltending sunk them. Kinda similar to us last year...
Yeah, definitely one of the most disappointing teams this season. Even more so than us. As you said, they were being talked as a SC contender.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
The Devils are a disappointing team, yes, but the Pens are a team with several very very very disappointing players that eat up a lot of cap room.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The Devils are a disappointing team, yes, but the Pens are a team with several very very very disappointing players that eat up a lot of cap room.

The Devils are basically set up like the 2009-10 or 10-11 Penguins.

Missing the playoffs even with the Hughes, Hischer and Hamilton injuries is frankly unbelievable given the discounts they are getting from their stars.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The Devils are basically set up like the 2009-10 or 10-11 Penguins.

Missing the playoffs even with the Hughes, Hischer and Hamilton injuries is frankly unbelievable given the discounts they are getting from their stars.
It's honestly embarrassing and that core should be ashamed that they let it happen. I was embarrassed by the Pens missing the playoffs last year with an (even then) old core.

I can't imagine prime Crosby and Malkin missing the playoffs. But the Devils are about to do just that with their core having played in a significant amount of the games this year.

The Devils injuries shouldn't have derailed them this badly imo. Hamilton for the year is pretty bad but Hughes and Hischier have played in most of the games and Bratt has been healthy. The rest of their team has been relatively healthy.

That said imagine that Devils team wins the lottery somehow? Be pretty scary to see a core of Hughes, Bratt, Hischier, Celebrini, Timo.

As for the Pens...I've made my peace with their possibilities. At this point any finish is fine for them. If they win too much and have to give up their pick, fine. At least that means next year's is protected if(when) Sullivan leads the Pens to another missed playoffs. If they finish in the top 10 and keep the pick, then at least whoever they pick is that much closer to the team rather than having to wait til next year to make another first round selection. If by some miracle they pull .700 hockey out of their ass and make the playoffs, then that would also be cool because despite my desire to see Sully gone playoff hockey is always fun and I'm never going to take that for granted knowing that we may be in for a decade without it soon (if not already there).

Bring on whatever I guess. I've gone over all the scenarios in my head and I can live with any of them.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It's honestly embarrassing and that core should be ashamed that they let it happen. I was embarrassed by the Pens missing the playoffs last year with an (even then) old core.

I can't imagine prime Crosby and Malkin missing the playoffs. But the Devils are about to do just that with their core having played in a significant amount of the games this year.

The Devils injuries shouldn't have derailed them this badly imo. Hamilton for the year is pretty bad but Hughes and Hischier have played in most of the games and Bratt has been healthy. The rest of their team has been relatively healthy.

That said imagine that Devils team wins the lottery somehow? Be pretty scary to see a core of Hughes, Bratt, Hischier, Celebrini, Timo.

As for the Pens...I've made my peace with their possibilities. At this point any finish is fine for them. If they win too much and have to give up their pick, fine. At least that means next year's is protected if(when) Sullivan leads the Pens to another missed playoffs. If they finish in the top 10 and keep the pick, then at least whoever they pick is that much closer to the team rather than having to wait til next year to make another first round selection. If by some miracle they pull .700 hockey out of their ass and make the playoffs, then that would also be cool because despite my desire to see Sully gone playoff hockey is always fun and I'm never going to take that for granted knowing that we may be in for a decade without it soon (if not already there).

Bring on whatever I guess. I've gone over all the scenarios in my head and I can live with any of them.

I mean, it ultimately sits with management.

Going into the season with that D and the goaltending is frankly pathetic.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
zero doubts about tonight game. Easy two points for Pens, maybe not easy but two points nevertheless. reason for optimism: Big Jeff finnaly out of line up. it does not even matter whether he is better or worse than Gruden or some other AHLer, its one of those things when you just know that he needs to be gone (and some thers as well but I digress) to win

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I had the Devils as my SC contender. Wow has their goaltending sunk them. Kinda similar to us last year...

One of the biggest false narratives in sport. Devils goaltending numbers are a reflection of the team in front of them. There is a woeful lack of cohesion and too many players doing their own thing with little regards to team play.

It's funny how Penguins fans seem to feel the same way about their team. But the Penguins still have number 87.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Preview of tonight’s game……

vomit-exorcist.gif

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I mean, it ultimately sits with management.

Going into the season with that D and the goaltending is frankly pathetic.
They do deserve their share of blame but Idk. I feel like that core should be able to make it even with bad goaltending and d.

Grouch

Apr 22, 2021
Give me a break with Gruden already. Send him and Puljujarvi and Bemstrom down and call up Hino, Poulin, and Z. What a clown show.

Prob 4-2 loss tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad