Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Despres-Letang
Ehrhoff-Martin
Scuderi-Pouliot

That's our top-6 for the playoffs.
Exactly :nod: We should at least test Pouliot now seriously, let´s see what he can do. Bortuzzo and Harrington are very likely not the answers. If Pouliot fails, then trade for a decent D at TDL, but we have to test this kid before making such a conclusion.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Depending on who we pull in the 1st round I might prefer to have Bortuzzo in the lineup over Pouliot, provided Bort gets back to his earlier season form.

I think Pouliot's time is going to be when Ehrhoff and Martin walk in the summer.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Good. Bort has been pretty brutal.

Eager to see how the kid's used.
Seriously brutal. But the question is if he´s gonna be benched. It´s safe to say that MJ is gonna play Pouliot (at some point on that trip at least) but I´m not sure who sits. It should be Bortuzzo but it can be Harrington too. I´m glad that Pouliot is here and I definitely prefer him over both (Harry & Bort) but it´s only step 1. Step 2 should be benching Bortuzzo.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Bortz has shown he can rush up the ice fairly decently with some wheels I didn't know he had, but man, his timing with penalties on a team where the refs don't let anything slide is bad. Also his fighting is ill timed.

Pouliot should be up the rest of the way, Harrington should stay in WBS the rest of this season.

I'd roll with...

Despres, Letang
Martin, Bortuzzo
Scuderi, Pouliot

Maybe pairing Bortuzzo with Martin wakes him up.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Bortz has shown he can rush up the ice fairly decently with some wheels I didn't know he had, but man, his timing with penalties on a team where the refs don't let anything slide is bad. Also his fighting is ill timed.

Pouliot should be up the rest of the way, Harrington should stay in WBS the rest of this season.

I'd roll with...

Despres, Letang
Martin, Bortuzzo
Scuderi, Pouliot

Maybe pairing Bortuzzo with Martin wakes him up.

I'm not sure about Bortuzzo. It might work, but he's been so helter skelter lately. He needs a partner that forces him to calm the **** down.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I didn't know that not only is Pouliot second on WB/S in scoring with 23 points (7+16) but he has done that in 28 games played. That's kind of eye popping for a first year pro defenseman.

On a side note (not to denigrate what DP has done) but evidently WB/S doesn't score a whole bunch.

penguins2946*

I didn't know that not only is Pouliot second on WB/S in scoring with 23 points (7+16) but he has done that in 28 games played. That's kind of eye popping for a first year pro defenseman.

On a side note (not to denigrate what DP has done) but evidently WB/S doesn't score a whole bunch.

It has been like that for years. That's why the point totals for Rust and Wilson are that much more impressive. 20 points in 28 games and 19 points in 30 games for a rookie doesn't seem impressive, but if you look at WBS's recent top scorers, that's really good. Their leading scorer last year had 47 points in 71 games. The year before was 54 points in 75 games (Kolarik only had 33 points in 35 games for us). The year before was 57 in 71. You have to go back to 08-09 with Taffe and Pessonen for AHLers that finished at over a PPG for WBS and 09-10 with Jeffery for players who finished at 70 points.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Thanks. I honestly just haven't kept up as well as I probably should for years. There are a bunch of people around here who follow them pretty closely. Between them and JB... I get the Cliffs Notes. I knew that obviously they didn't have much in the way of forward prospects down there. But it seems like they always pick up some AHL mercs up front.

And yeah... Rust and Wilson have certainly made a nice mark for first year guys, too. The Penguins really, really need more of that. It would be nice to get water from our own well when it comes to quality depth players, for a switch.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Good. Bort has been pretty brutal.

Eager to see how the kid's used.

I'm excited about this, it might mean we'll see Despres and Letang as the top pairing. Martin and Harrington worked really well in preseason, and Scuds and DP is fine for now as a 3rd pair.

And of course, DP on the top PP, right?

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010
Can anyone give an opinion on how Dumolin has played recently and why he wasn't called up instead?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Because he sucks worse than even Bort and brings little to nothing to this team, he's been a pretty big disappointment in my eyes throughout the time up.

That's overly harsh. I haven't seen any major problems with Dumoulin's game. He's a little vanilla for his size and skillset but that's his game. He's looked solid to me for a 23 year old rookie.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Dumo needs to get some more games up here. He only has around 5 games and I thought he was showing improvement in that small sample. Not everyone is Maatta. I was a little disappointed that Harry was getting all of the callups over him.

Not that I'm complaining about DP or Harry, I just think the guy we have to make a decision on this year should get some games too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad