Post-Game Talk: Pens @ Flames: Classic Sully Pens

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I think the sane move is to stop watching the standings at this point. We aren’t getting back into any playoff picture. Trade news is the only thing it pay attention to.

I don’t know what, if any good firing the coach will do at this point. It’s another year down the drain, with Sid putting on a vintage performance and it being wasted again.

That’s now 7 (!!!) years of futility under Sullivan. That’s far more rope than even Bylsma got, and he was the culprit of wasting our best years under this core.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
It's not that hard to start one. We need to have faith Dubas makes the right moves for the future of this team by this time next week.
I have as much faith in Dubas right now as I do in late stage Craig Patrick netting 0 picks or legit NHL players for prime Jagr and Kovalev.

Hes going to trade for a bunch of ECHLers who have great fancy stats to prove how smart he isn’t.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I honestly don't understand it. Why do the "casuals" love him so much? Do they not actually form their own opinions by watching him and just rely on the local reporters/television talking heads to tell them he's awesome?
yes, as strong as the fanbase is, most people have never played the game. if they hear someone is at fault like hextall? you'll hear the boos and jeers. no one has ever even suggested sullivan is at fault in a venue that most people would hear it

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
They chanted to fire Hextall too. What do you think holds them back from Sully?
Well for one, Sully was egging the fans on through the media on Hextall.

Neither Dubas nor FSG has said a single thing to indicate any of this falls on Sully.
And honestly the fanbase was kind of expecting us to decline any way, and rightfully so.

F**** Sully regardless. Coaches are hired to be fired in this league. FSG has gone way against the grain with some serious hubris in their "lifetime coach" gambit. This is not the way the National Hockey League works. When you go against the grain and get burned, you should be crucified.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
media didn't like hextall. no one did, but that was the impetus for the chants. there's just no normie media weight behind the anti sullivan stuff

This is 100% it. The media hated Hextall and fans bought into it, which is why they hated him. The media loves Sullivan, which is why fans don't criticize him to nearly the same level.

The angst towards Hextall was warranted of course, but it's all just the media swirling the narrative. Fans probably hated Hextall because he would give Yohe good quotes to run with, not because he was a dogshit GM.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Also Karlsson looked like a difference maker out there early on during the first 12ish games. Now he looks like Tyson Barrie out there

Wonder why?
He finally got to his game.

In all seriousness do the press ever ask Sullivan about this? EK and Petterson were a killer pair. They get broken up and now everyone f***ing sucks. Wasn’t it better to have at least one lights out blueline duo and just try to “fix” Ryan Graves some other way?

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Tbh the sane move is stop watching this team at this point
Yea. Not watching unless they win like 10 in a row or fire Sullivan. I'm already a mental patient for watching this far.

Cancelled my ESPN plus subscription.

Hope they lose like 10-0 tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad