Post-Game Talk: Pens @ Caps, 730pm NBCSN (Will vs Skill edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
why don't they just have a President trophy banner for 2015-16?
They already have one of those so the season was just tacked on to an updated one. Whereas the Metro Division title was a first.

Hilarious. That they don't have a chip on their shoulder so far this season says it all about their capacity to break through. They just don't have the right mentality across the board. Maybe this game sparks more spirited engagement but **** if they don't have a long way to go offensively based on recent output.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
What started as ''Will over skill'' has turned into ''No will, no skill''.

I hope Sanford sits this one out. He's still struggling to make faster decisions. It wasn't as evident at the training camp but now that every team has their top players in it's become very evident. He needs to sit against the faster teams. Preferably spend some time in Hershey, too.

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
Thing is fans will turn eventually, they should honestly go run and gun. It suits them to a tee and you have the elite of the elite in Holtby to bail you out so i say why not put on an offensive powershow

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013
Pens score early, demoralize the Caps and win 5-1. Anything short of that and I'm calling it a moral victory - we know a lot about moral victories in DC.

Haven't seen anything in the last two games to make me feel the least bit confident that this team gives a #$@& about winning.

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
Capitals lose 4-0.

The boo birds will come out tonight.

Trotz will demand more will in his postgame.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I'm not sure what our record is vs the Pens in these Wednesday night NBCSN matchups but I feel like it isn't good.

Therefore we'll win because nothing makes sense anymore.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I'd rather lose 6-1 than lose a tight one, anything to motivate some form of change other than nonsensical lines. I'd feel bad for Holtby though.

My opinion on Ovechkin is the lowest it's been since early 2013, I really hope he steps up.

Last edited:

Caps2Fan

Jan 6, 2014
Penguins fans deserve to have tweets like that. Caps fans would be doing the same thing if the roles were reversed. The only thing I take solace in is that I don't actually live in a city like Pittsburgh. Thinking that is what makes me feel better :)

Predictions:
The red will get rocked tonight. Bumblebees win 4-1.
Holtby is going to get hung out to dry, will have to make 35+ saves to somewhat stay in it.
My hate for John Carlson will reach an all time high.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Capitals lose 4-0.

The boo birds will come out tonight.

Trotz will demand more will in his postgame.

He will need more from the group.

He will feel it needs to come from the room.

He will also feel we need to have more detail to our game, that we need to secure the puck better and take better care of it.

We'll be fortunate if Pens score only 4. I could see 6 going in, the way we're playing lately.

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
He will need more from the group.

He will feel it needs to come from the room.

He will also feel we need to have more detail to our game, that we need to secure the puck better and take better care of it.

We'll be fortunate if Pens score only 4. I could see 6 going in, the way we're playing lately.

7acd3709d9766c80a99b0d7231eb9f2c.jpg

Wouldn't be surprised to see the leadership core called into question post-game if this gets ugly.

Trotz is starting to sound like a man trying to save his ass.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Planning on watching something else tonight. Pens rested vs the Caps on back to backs after an OT game with travel. Struggling with confidence. They should get blown out.

If they do get blown out, then crisis mode will be initiated. So....they might win. I guess that's why they play the games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad