Post-Game Talk: Pens 4, Sabres 3 - Scudjoy Saves the Day

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Geno was awesome.

Lovejoy, Cullen and Sid's line were good

I'm not sure whether 14 or Zatkoff are scarier.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Nobody can say Kunitz is a capable player even in the bottom 6. He's completely out of place on an NHL roster.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Zatkoff came up real big. Didn't think he had a performance like that in him.

I think the lines are sorting themselves out which is nice to see. I thought Perron didn't show up on the sheet, but he was fantastic tonight.

Chris Kunitz has no place in this lineup.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
JR needs to make a move for a legit top 4 d-man. No way we can hope to have a snowball's chance in hell of making a serious cup run with the current blue line that we have, even if Sid and Malkin are in god mode the whole way through.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Just a quick run down for me tonight...

+++ Sid line: Dominant all night.
+++ Geno line: Scary all night. They played really well.
+ Zatkoff: Not as clean as #29, but gets the job done.

- Defensive group: As a whole I can't think of one good player. They were bad in the zone.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Zatkoff should be star of the game. Our AHL goalie who lost his starting gig to the rookie backup makes a 50 save win.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
JR needs to make a move for a legit top 4 d-man. No way we can hope to have a snowball's chance in hell of making a serious cup run with the current blue line that we have, even if Sid and Malkin are in god mode the whole way through.

call up DP. fixed

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Er people praising Zatkoff in the GDT? I beg to differ. Strongly. These were bad shots from the outside and he wasn't reacting to half of them.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Geno was awesome.

Lovejoy, Cullen and Sid's line were good

I'm not sure whether 14 or Zatkoff are scarier.

I thought Geno cheated a little offensively/got caught a little deep in the third, but you ask him to play a 200 foot game and put him out there with two less than stellar defensively wingers, and you get what Pierre McGuire called a 'Ron Francis on steroids', where the whole game flows from a tremendous defensive effort.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
unfortunately another lucky win, just prolonging the agony of Mike Johnston
we got 50+ shots at, by Buffalo Sabres that play without two best forwards, they don't muster any any offensive zone time in the third. I would so fired him tonight....

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+++ Seeing DB's dumb system reminded me of how much I hate him. His d-zone is atrocious and he didn't learn a single lesson from his 5-6 years in Pittsburgh. Good lord.

People might look at that shot total, but I call ********. They came on strong late in the game but there were a lot of fluff shots that had no chance of going in. We've been there, done that.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
call up DP. fixed

DP played his way to WBS. He deserved to be there. He was awful. As for Clendening.... he deserves a shot over Scuds.

Makes me sick that we have a back-to-back and Scuds gets in when the guys were told they are part of a rotation.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014

Kunitz is done as an NHLer.

++ Geno
+Sid's non-Kunitz line
+ Lovejoy, I was pleasantly surprised this game

++ Gionta in the 6 on 4 to close the game. :laugh:

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Bad news guys..... I heard we scored less almost goals in this one.... We got almost blown out.... Another almost loss for us.... Bylsma must be so proud of his squad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad