Post-Game Talk: Pens 3, Panthers 2 (OT) - Kunitz Saves The Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
You're creating two different arguments and one is in strawman territory. Crosby being the org's #1 is one argument, but you've gone into anyone saying he's not demanding is saying that he isn't the #1 priority. It's not mutually exclusive, he can be the #1 priority and not demanding, which is what I think IC is saying. Or maybe I'm getting sick and delusional, idk.

I also hate the fanboy **** people like to throw around, 90% of the time it's just trying to undermine someone and it's lazy. Don't boil down everything someone is saying to that because most of the time it's not. It's like real or true fans, incredibly annoying and half assed ad hominem.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
You're creating two different arguments and one is in strawman territory. Crosby being the org's #1 is one argument, but you've gone into anyone saying he's not demanding is saying that he isn't the #1 priority. It's not mutually exclusive, he can be the #1 priority and not demanding, which is what I think IC is saying. Or maybe I'm getting sick and delusional, idk.

I also hate the fanboy **** people like to throw around, 90% of the time it's just trying to undermine someone and it's lazy. Don't boil down everything someone is saying to that because most of the time it's not. It's like real or true fans, incredibly annoying and half assed ad hominem.

I've seen IC attack Cole on numerous occasions and others when they make legit comments about Crosby playing poorly. It's over the top and exactly what fanboys do. People should be allowed to offer legit criticism of Crosby without silly attacks. I'm honestly surprised Cole hasn't flipped his **** more than he has.

I also have no idea how you came to the bolded conclusion. I've stated NUMEROUS times I personally believe Crosby isn't demanding these things and the org makes decisions to keep him happy because he is their first priority (sometimes to the detriment of the team).

However, dude wants to go off on some tangent over fictional things I've never even stated. I have no control over that.

Last edited:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I've seen IC attack Cole on numerous occasions and others when they make legit comments about Crosby playing poorly. It's over the top and exactly what fanboys do. People should be allowed to offer legit criticism of Crosby without silly attacks. I'm honestly surprised Cole hasn't flipped his **** more than he has.

The thing is this board is briefly good for legitimate criticism of Crosby and then it goes OTT, it's not unique to him but it can get particularly weird with random accounts coming out of nowhere to do it. Maybe it's my ignore list but I rarely see silly attacks towards people criticizing Crosby, it's more people going on about not being allowed to criticize him. And tbh, Cole is a mod and should be held to a higher standard, position of power and all that. That's just life and I wouldn't want to be a mod.

I also have no idea how you came to the bolded conclusion. I've stated NUMEROUS times I personally believe Crosby isn't demanding these things and the org makes decisions to keep him happy because he is their first priority (sometimes to the detriment of the team).

Because you've gone after people, generally because I don't remember anyone specific aside form IC, saying that and called them fanboys and the like. :laugh:

This, uh, discussion keeps popping up and it's always the same thing. Just saying what I think is happening. Ever optimistic that this won't be something that gets raged over in a few moths.

However, dude wants to go off on some tangent over fictional things I've never even stated. I have no control over that

Well, I think there's clearly some confusion going on and why I think that is.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
I won't jump into the dick measuring contest but I will say this: I don't see why it's such a big deal if the organization views Crosby as the top dog. Hierarchies exist within every sports team. For the majority of their careers, Crosby has been the more well rounded, more consistent and more productive player. And he's done it while usually facing the tougher matchups on a nightly basis. He's viewed around the league as the best player on the planet. He's also a year younger and has a smaller cap hit than Geno. None of this is said out of fanboy-ism, it's just the reality of how their careers have unfolded.

I know some don't like hearing this stuff and none of it is meant as a shot at Geno but, frankly, if the team didn't view Crosby as their #1 guy it would be a little odd.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
With regards to the "why does Sid play C and not Geno when they're on together" topic, it's kind of obvious. One, Sid actually can win a draw. Geno, too often, ends the season with a faceoff percentage that even the worst centers in hockey would be embarrassed about. And two, Sid's more consistent defensively. Regardless of who is better "when they're on their game", Sid is at a higher level defensively more often.

If/when Geno decides winning faceoffs actually is something that matters and he can bring his A-game defensively more than he does, then you might see him being trusted with the center assignment on a line with Sid. But at the moment, why wouldn't a coach rather have Sid take center duties when you factor in defensive consistency and faceoff success?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The thing is this board is briefly good for legitimate criticism of Crosby and then it goes OTT, it's not unique to him but it can get particularly weird with random accounts coming out of nowhere to do it. Maybe it's my ignore list but I rarely see silly attacks towards people criticizing Crosby, it's more people going on about not being allowed to criticize him. And tbh, Cole is a mod and should be held to a higher standard, position of power and all that. That's just life and I wouldn't want to be a mod.

Oh, Cole has taken a lot of **** over the issue. It's a long, ongoing thing. Being held to a higher standard? Maybe, but that's exactly why I turned down being a mod, I don't have his patience for silliness.

Because you've gone after people, generally because I don't remember anyone specific aside form IC, saying that and called them fanboys and the like. :laugh:

This, uh, discussion keeps popping up and it's always the same thing. Just saying what I think is happening. Ever optimistic that this won't be something that gets raged over in a few moths.

Well, I think there's clearly some confusion going on and why I think that is.

I haven't gone after anyone actually. Aside from wondering aloud why people get upset with hearing the truth that Crosby is the org priority over Malkin.

I think if you look at the start of each discussion, you will see me making a post discussing how the org favors Crosby, and IC going into insta-rage like he does with Cole, insulting me (not that I honestly care) and acting like a higher power.

I have been quite clear about the org favoring Crosby and it not being his fault. I've stated it numerous times. Numerous.

I can't be responsible for posters who lose their **** and read things that aren't there and can't handle any slights real or perceived about Crosby.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
The only person I'm a fanboy for is Simon Despres.

When I have a issue with Cole, it's not because he's going after Sid, it's because his criticisms of Sid are way over the top.

Look at the last two gdt. When he was criticizing Sid, how many posts did he make? A looooot. When he was praising Sid, he made two. And the nature of both posts just ... Screams of an inconsistency to me, and if people have learned anything about me over the past 5 years, it should be that I take offense to truths and intellectual things more than anything else.

With that said, if I don't like Jiggy's posts, it's not because I'm a Sid fanboy, it's because Jiggy is flat out lying AND insulting me in the process.

He has no clue who I am or what my connections are (though I think I've proven they are real and extensive), but instead of even slightly entertaining he possibility that I may know something he doesn't, he attacks me and my character.

Cool.

That, not my love of Sid, is why I'm involved in this conversation. But throwing out strawmen and catchphrases (ignorance is bliss has to be one of the most ironic things ever said on this board, to be honest) is easier for some people than admitting the truth.

Posting some of what I've posted has come at some slight risk to myself, but I thought it was worth it. It no longer is. But just for the record, Jiggy and anyone else who doubts, I may not speak to Malkin's fifth cousin twice removed, but I do have regular conversations with someone named...

Hold on, let me check my phone...

Jay Pee Berry?

Anyone know who that is? Some flavour of Koolaid, maybe?

Oh well. You guys enjoy knowing everything. You seem to really enjoy it.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The only person I'm a fanboy for is Simon Despres.

When I have a issue with Cole, it's not because he's going after Sid, it's because his criticisms of Sid are way over the top.

Look at the last two gdt. When he was criticizing Sid, how many posts did he make? A looooot. When he was praising Sid, he made two. And the nature of both posts just ... Screams of an inconsistency to me, and if people have learned anything about me over the past 5 years, it should be that I take offense to truths and intellectual things more than anything else.

With that said, if I don't like Jiggy's posts, it's not because I'm a Sid fanboy, it's because Jiggy is flat out lying AND insulting me in the process.

He has no clue who I am or what my connections are (though I think I've proven they are real and extensive), but instead of even slightly entertaining he possibility that I may know something he doesn't, he attacks me and my character.

Cool.

That, not my love of Sid, is why I'm involved in this conversation. But throwing out strawmen and catchphrases (ignorance is bliss has to be one of the most ironic things ever said on this board, to be honest) is easier for some people than admitting the truth.

Posting some of what I've posted has come at some slight risk to myself, but I thought it was worth it. It no longer is. But just for the record, Jiggy and anyone else who doubts, I may not speak to Malkin's fifth cousin twice removed, but I do have regular conversations with someone named...

Hold on, let me check my phone...

Jay Pee Berry?

Anyone know who that is? Some flavour of Koolaid, maybe?

Oh well. You guys enjoy knowing everything. You seem to really enjoy it.

Oh Capp, you actually keep falling for this ****. I'm disapointed in you.

You do know that I bait you on purpose to watch you insta rage and do your warlord thing? I even warned you numerous times what I'm up to. People always buy my serious face and think there is real drama, even when I have let it be known quite often I'm never serious on here and I play games and mess around with people.

Everything you think is drama is a mirage. I could make that my sig and people would still fall for it.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Oh Capp, you actually keep falling for this ****. I'm disapointed in you.

You do know that I bait you on purpose to watch you insta rage and do your warlord thing? I even warned you numerous times what I'm up to. People always buy my serious face and think there is real drama, even when I have let it be known quite often I'm never serious on here and I play games and mess around with people.

Everything you think is drama is a mirage. I could make that my sig and people would still fall for it.

Come on dude. You play this game with several posters. Sometimes it's warranted, but in this case it's not. Stop the "bro" and "fanboy" stuff and have an actual conversation.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Come on dude. You play this game with several posters. Sometimes it's warranted, but in this case it's not. Stop the "bro" and "fanboy" stuff and have an actual conversation.

I like Biggs and Cole. Two of my favorite posters on here.

If you can't connect the dots, it's ok with me.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I like Biggs and Cole. Two of my favorite posters on here.

If you can't connect the dots, it's ok.

You dislike everyone else or you feel it's your job to defend their honor. Good for you. I suppose you could argue I'm doing the same thing with Iced. Not trying to take sides, per se, but when one poster is resorting to calling the other a "bro" and a "fanboy", I think you can tell which is arguing with maturity.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
This will be my last post on the boards, and then I'll take my leave of you guys. As you may know, I often have tons of thoughts rolling around in my cranium and some windup, mistakenly, on the cutting room floor.

First, the question/answer of "Would the Penguins trade Malkin first? Yes! Therefore they favor Crosby" is false equivocation.

Would they trade Crosby first? Yes... but they aren't trading either.

When Elliotte Friedman made his comments re: Malkin, I immediately said they were BS and told you what both the organization and player were thinking.

Shortly thereafter, both the team and the player shot down Friedman's remarks, using language eerily similar to what I had used.

There's a reason for that.

Neither the player nor the team has any interest in ending their relationship, though for slightly different reasons. (Malkin's are rooted in many of the same traits that cause him to go to the Worlds and play for Russia on one leg).

In fact, there is only one scenario where I see Evgeni Malkin ever playing for another team:

A new owner and new GMs.

However, in my last act of self aggrandizement, I want to point out that many people in the media and on this board have said, "the Pens will be sold any day now!"

There's only one person, as far as I know, who has said from the beginning that there is nothing close to happening on that front. That person, of course, is wonderful, great, magnanimous me.

Now reports have come out saying that nothing is close, but nothing has been close. Ever.

So maybe they get sold soonish. Maybe they don't. But that is the only way Malkin gets moved. And even then, it won't be because the Penguins favor Crosby. Well, not these Penguins, anyhow.

So yes, theoretically, the Penguins would move Malkin first, but it doesn't matter because THIS VERSION OF THE PITTSBURGH PENGUINS WILL NEVER MOVE EITHER.

edit: just saw Shady's post.

Big McLarge Whatever and Jiggy are the only two people who have been using derogatory names towards people in this thread. If you feel it necessary to defend someone who is incorrectly using the word petulant. That's cool. You probably also use the word "bro" a lot.

Good Luck in Your Future Endeavors, errrrrrone

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
I can only imagine how bad it must hurt millionaire athletes that anonymous nobodies criticize them on the internet.

Oh wait...

tumblr_mx341q526Y1rqd0kpo3_250.gif

Jesus none of you are important enough to care this much about internet reputations, go smoke a bowl or something, calm down and realize how pointless this all is.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
So I guess now the site is about who has the most sources for information no one can do anything about anyways and people trying to be Andy Kaufman on an internet message board. Great.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
This will be my last post on the boards, and then I'll take my leave of you guys. As you may know, I often have tons of thoughts rolling around in my cranium and some windup, mistakenly, on the cutting room floor.

First, the question/answer of "Would the Penguins trade Malkin first? Yes! Therefore they favor Crosby" is false equivocation.

When Elliotte Friedman made his comments re: Malkin, I immediately said they were BS and told you what both the organization and player were thinking.

Shortly thereafter, both the team and the player shot down Friedman's remarks, using language eerily similar to what I had used.

Neither the player nor the team has any interest in ending their relationship, though for slightly different reasons. (Malkin's are rooted in many of the same traits that cause him to go to the Worlds and play for Russia on one leg).

In fact, there is only one scenario where I see Evgeni Malkin ever playing for another team:

A new owner and new GMs.

However, in my last act of self aggrandizement, I want to point out that many people in the media and on this board have said, "the Pens will be sold any day now!"

There's only one person, as far as I know, who has said from the beginning that there is nothing close to happening on that front. That person, of course, is wonderful, great, magnanimous me.

Now reports have come out saying that nothing is close, but nothing has been close. Ever.

So maybe they get sold soonish. Maybe they don't. But that is the only way Malkin gets moved. And even then, it won't be because the Penguins favor Crosby. Well, not these Penguins, anyhow.

So yes, theoretically, the Penguins would move Malkin first, but it doesn't matter because THIS VERSION OF THE PITTSBURGH PENGUINS WILL NEVER MOVE EITHER.

Big McLarge Whatever and Jiggy are the only two people who have been using derogatory names towards people in this thread. If you feel it necessary to defend someone who is incorrectly using the word petulant. That's cool. You probably also use the word "bro" a lot.

Oh come on now IC, don't just leave like that. Not everybody feels the same way as a couple of posters.

bigG

Jan 18, 2010

A new owner and new GMs.

Noooooo IC plz don't go ur the only reason y I come here

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
You dislike everyone else or you feel it's your job to defend their honor. Good for you. I suppose you could argue I'm doing the same thing with Iced. Not trying to take sides, per se, but when one poster is resorting to calling the other a "bro" and a "fanboy", I think you can tell which is arguing with maturity.

I'm not defending their honor. What are you on about?

I didn't like the attacks on them, but I figured they can handle themselves and didn't jump in. Then I made a legit post, Capp attacked it and made a reference to it being "drunk" inducing. So I had his attacks on them fresh in my mind and played along with his warlord act. No one is above this board and passing along info doesn't give someone a right to attack others. Especially respected mods.

So check your facts, bro.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Sooo ... started a pre-game thread for tonight's game. With video, even :)

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I'm not defending their honor. What are you on about?

I didn't like the attacks on them, but I figured they can handle themselves and didn't jump in. Then I made a legit post, Capp attacked it and made a reference to it being "drunk" inducing. So I had his attacks on them fresh in my mind and played along with his warlord act. No one is above this board and passing along info doesn't give someone a right to attack others. Especially respected mods.

So check your facts, bro.

This and Nicely put.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
So I guess now the site is about who has the most sources for information no one can do anything about anyways and people trying to be Andy Kaufman on an internet message board. Great.

Sounds about right.

Having sources is great but it is annoying when they are used to lord over any dissenting opinions. Kirk for example was saying he thought the org was catering to what they perceived to be Crosby's desires and IC flat shot that down saying no Crosby isn't a diva or demanding anything, but IC completely missed Kirk's point: it wasn't that Kirk thought Crosby was a diva, but that he thought the org was doing what THEY thought would make Sid happy without even consulting him and asking if that was what he wanted.

I like IC though and he shouldn't leave. He's right on a lot of things, but he'd probably be best served to dial back the emotion and engage in more reasonable discourse rather than flipping out at anybody that contradicts what he feels he knows to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad