Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It should raise some serious red flags that the dude's like 6'4 and 230lbs and might be on his fourth team by 26. Guys with that frame and draft pedigree don't bounce around from team to team unless there's something wrong. PLD sucks. :laugh: We'd get like 14 games before everyone hated his guts and people went apoplectic over Dubas' decision to trade for a guy making north of $8M with 7 years left and a 15 team no-trade list.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It should raise some serious red flags that the dude's like 6'4 and 230lbs and might be on his fourth team by 26. Guys with that frame and draft pedigree don't bounce around from team to team unless there's something wrong. PLD sucks. :laugh: We'd get like 14 games before everyone hated his guts and people went apoplectic over Dubas' decision to trade for a guy making north of $8M with 7 years left and a 15 team no-trade list.

He played for Columbus and Winnipeg. Two of the worst franchsies in the league and he wanted out.

He's in LA and I guarantee LA has no desire to move him tbh. He's been largely playing with Lafierrere and Anderson Dolan. He was brought in to be a top six guy who provides offense and they are using him as a defensive match-up forward.

Bizarre takes in here on PLD tbh.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
We really could have used Sam Bennett’s skills when he was available.

doing that PLD trade to buy him out and clear cap would be hilarious :laugh:

Hey man. I pounded the table for him on these boards. Did my part. Had my guy.

I too wanted Sam Bennett when he was available. Shame we didn't. He was exactly what we needed.

He played for Columbus and Winnipeg. Two of the worst franchsies in the league and he wanted out.

He's in LA and I guarantee LA has no desire to move him tbh. He's been largely playing with Lafierrere and Anderson Dolan. He was brought in to be a top six guy who provides offense and they are using him as a defensive match-up forward.

Bizarre takes in here on PLD tbh.

Has gotta be a comparable contract to 6 million a year for Staal. Roughly same cap%

I definitely would rather not take on PLD but I support this move with Jarry out.

We all know I support Jarry but I think elsewhere will do him good.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I can't talk too loud because I thought he'd settle in as a decent second pairing guy after seeing him a few games over the years with the Devils. But man... dude sure looks like a 4.5 million dollar 3rd pair/scratch defensemen signed long term. Which... uh... not ideal.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I too wanted Sam Bennett when he was available. Shame we didn't. He was exactly what we needed.

Has gotta be a comparable contract to 6 million a year for Staal. Roughly same cap%

I definitely would rather not take on PLD but I support this move with Jarry out.

We all know I support Jarry but I think elsewhere will do him good.

I mean, I don't want PLD either.

But, the point is getting out of Graves or Jarry. I'd much, much rather have the player set of PLD over those two jokers.

I don't think either of them are NHL talents at this point.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Yeah. That rocks. Not sure I get the issue.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Empoleon8771

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Graves and Jarry suck, so lets trade one of them to LA for a middle-6 center who constantly leaves fans frustrated with his inconsistency and lack of drive, who is also making $8.5M AAV for seven more years. :laugh:

I think the thought is to roll the dice.

Jarry for a pick to a team
Graves to a team as a cap dump.

Take on PLD

I mean I feel like we just added.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The only trade that I can think of that is worse than Graves and Jarry for Dubois is Graves and Jarry for Huberdeau. And as much as I hate that, I think I could possibly be convinced to like that more than Grave sand Jarry for Dubois.

If you want to go the "horrible contract" route, go see whether Jarry and Rakell to Columbus for Gaudreau could work. Columbus doesn't have a goalie and Gaudreau hasn't worked out that well for them.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I think the thought is to roll the dice.

Jarry for a pick to a team
Graves to a team as a cap dump.

Take on PLD

I mean I feel like we just added.
I'm sure the guy who has wanted out of two mediocre to bad franchises would love it on a sinking ship for 7 years in Pittsburgh. :laugh:

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
The only trade that I can think of that is worse than Graves and Jarry for Dubois is Graves and Jarry for Huberdeau. And as much as I hate that, I think I could possibly be convinced to like that more than Grave sand Jarry for Dubois.

If you want to go the "horrible contract" route, go see whether Jarry and Rakell to Columbus for Gaudreau could work. Columbus doesn't have a goalie and Gaudreau hasn't worked out that well for them.
Could work. We would be in the East so it could work for him.

I do worry about his 20 ish goal pace a year but if he can help create and make others a trigger man. I'd be open to it.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California

I'd go with a Gaudreau trade, but no thanks to Huberdeau. His deal is for seven more years at ten million a year.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Sometimes you gotta take a risk and polish a turd.

I'm open to other ideas. Share an idea.
Not getting PLD and looking to offload Jarry to a team who needs a goalie without taking back a terrible contract/problematic player like PLD, for starters. I don't think it'd be prohibitively hard to move Jarry if you're not concerned about getting back something of value.

I don't think you can get away from Graves without getting back a bad player/contract or adding.

But trading two guys with awful contracts for a guy with an awful contract that's nearly both of their combined cap hits and for more years than Graves' five remaining is... Uh, f***ing dogshit. No way to sugarcoat that one.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Dubois is a bit of a cancer though isn't he? Dude basically asked out of two different teams.

I don't mind the thought of him in a vacuum but I wonder how happy he would be here. We're not the greatest of situations to go to at the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad