Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Rakell career- .28, .34, .62
PLD career- .28, .38, .66
Someone smoking crack.
Woah dude, a ~55pt player? Can't wait to lock into seven more years at $8.5M for that beauty! :laugh:
PLD doesn't suck. He's clearly overpaid, but this is the kind of creative shit that Dubas needs to do. He needs to dump bad contracts and take home run swings if he wants "to get younger".

Playoffs filter was on NHL.COM LOL.
I mean, PLD doesn't suck like Carter sucks, or Harkin sucks, but yeah, trading for a career 55pt center who is maddeningly inconsistent, lazy as f***, and makes $8.5M for seven more years, does nothing for the win now angle or the long term, is f***ing dumb as shit dude. Sorry. :laugh:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I mean, PLD doesn't suck like Carter sucks, or Harkin sucks, but yeah, trading for a career 55pt center who is maddeningly inconsistent, lazy as f***, and makes $8.5M for seven more years, does nothing for the win now angle or the long term, is f***ing dumb as shit dude. Sorry. :laugh:

Trading Jarry or Graves for PLD makes us a better team and gives us insurance for a Sid or Malkin injury.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Would be sweet watching Stamkos on the PP. Yeah I know he's old but that release he has where he plays would be cool to have again.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Trading Jarry or Graves for PLD makes us a better team and gives us insurance for a Sid or Malkin injury.
I think if the goal is to rid the team of Jarry and Graves (and it should be top priority right after nuking the coaching staff), the first is doable if they're not concerned about the return and the latter they're probably just stuck with. I also think you can find that glorious 55pt center for Sid/Geno insurance without locking into a seven year, $8.5M AAV deal. And if you can't, oh well.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I think if the goal is to rid the team of Jarry and Graves (and it should be top priority right after nuking the coaching staff), the first is doable if they're not concerned about the return and the latter they're probably just stuck with. I also think you can find that glorious 55pt center for Sid/Geno insurance without locking into a seven year, $8.5M AAV deal. And if you can't, oh well.

I think you are way too positive on those two. I don't see Jarry moving unless we do something like take PLD or Korpisalo back. Graves I don't see anyone realistically taking.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I think you are way too positive on those two. I don't see Jarry moving unless we do something like take PLD or Korpisalo back. Graves I don't see anyone realistically taking.
:laugh: I'm definitely not overly positive/optimistic about anything with this organization, least of all Jarry. But there are almost always teams looking for goalies and Jarry's not making a shitload of money. I think he's movable, but I also think this team's stupid enough to believe the "If you move a Jarry, you'd have to find a Jarry" to borrow from an idiotic quote. /shrug

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
:laugh: I'm definitely not overly positive/optimistic about anything with this organization, least of all Jarry. But there are almost always teams looking for goalies and Jarry's not making a shitload of money. I think he's movable, but I also think this team's stupid enough to believe the "If you move a Jarry, you'd have to find a Jarry" to borrow from an idiotic quote. /shrug

Jarry is like the 9th most paid active goaltender in the league bro lol.

1714612713673.png

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
So what? It's $5.4M. :laugh: The cap ceiling's gonna be like $93M next summer.

Nobody is paying 5.4 million for a below replacement goaltender.

He was 48th in SV% this year. 37th last year. And he's frequently injured.

He also can block 12 teams.

I think you're kidding yourself if you think a team takes a flyer on him when they probably can get Kuemper or Elvis who suck just as much but have less term or Ullmark if they pay.

Reactions: td_ice

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Nobody is paying 5.4 million for a below replacement goaltender.

He was 48th in SV% this year. 37th last year. And he's frequently injured.

He also can block 12 teams.

I think you're kidding yourself if you think a team takes a flyer on him when they probably can get Kuemper or Elvis who suck just as much but have less term or Ullmark if they pay.
I think it's all probably a moot point because this team's gonna bullshit themselves into another year of "Jarry's our guy!" whether they actually believe it or not to try and not make themselves look stupid for signing him. But I'm way less concerned about trying to move Jarry if they want than trying to move Graves. /shrug

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I think it's all probably a moot point because this team's gonna bullshit themselves into another year of "Jarry's our guy!" whether they actually believe it or not to try and not make themselves look stupid for signing him. But I'm way less concerned about trying to move Jarry if they want than trying to move Graves. /shrug

We can hide Graves. Can't hide Jarry and his cap hit is a huge waste on this team.

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
It’s not PLD, dumping Jarry,……The key to the future is we need to dump dubas and hire Chia so we can begin the “successful” oilers rebuild strategy……….lol

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It's funny that, after the boredom today, the entire hockey world is relentlessly shredding PLD on twitter for being a total ghost and having an absolute dogshit contract. :laugh:

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Yeah, hockey twitter the land of intelligence that anointed John Marino as the best defenseman in the league last season.
Easily worth $8.5M! A steal! The only reason he had 5 total SOG and 1pt in the 5 games against the Oilers is because he, uh, was getting Sully'd!

Take the L. Dude sucks. :laugh:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Easily worth $8.5M! A steal! The only reason he had 5 total SOG and 1pt in the 5 games against the Oilers is because he, uh, was getting Sully'd!

Take the L. Dude sucks. :laugh:

Weird how you can't understand the nuance of Dubois having a horrible contract and still being a player that you can utilizie in a successful way.

I guess that's the way it goes when everything is black and white and the Penguins window was immediately close after they lost one series after going back to back cups tho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad