Line Combos: Pens 2023 Training Camp Thread: Dr. StrangeDubas or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Game

By the end of training camp:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Y7nDR0i.png

***Looking for volunteers for regular season GDTs, Please sign up***

please-help-help-5a8b21.jpg

Schedule:

Friday, October 6
10:30 AM – Morning Skate (FedEx Rink – Rink 1)
7:00 PM – GAME AT BUFFALO

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
The cupboard is so bare we don't even have a version of Jonathan Filewich to haphazardly pencil in on L1 when he gets a scrimmage hat trick.

Just a bunch of losers who could only pot two goals in a scrimmage game on this year's invite list.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm not a Penguins fan but this is intriguing.

In DC town they stopped issuing physical tickets several years back.

The Pens don't issue physical tickets anymore, either. I saw a reporter say that the players were handing out bags of Pens swag, instead.
I think they just still call it a "Season Ticket Delivery" because it's tradition at this point. It's really just a marketing thing that gets the players out and meeting season ticket holders while cameras film it.
(Just because it's a marketing thing doesn't mean it isn't still nifty, though!)

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Feels like there's more flexibility with the roster than usual so excited to see how everything shakes out.

There's probably like 3-4 forward spots that are open for the taking so hopefully there's some good competition
This plus:
6D
Top 4 D pairings (who with who?)
PP personnel (and no Jake early)
Top 6 with Jake out
R. Smith’s center

All make for an actually intriguing camp/early season IMO.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
The Pens don't issue physical tickets anymore, either. I saw a reporter say that the players were handing out bags of Pens swag, instead.
I think they just still call it a "Season Ticket Delivery" because it's tradition at this point. It's really just a marketing thing that gets the players out and meeting season ticket holders while cameras film it.
(Just because it's a marketing thing doesn't mean it isn't still nifty, though!)
I think many places will still print you a physical ticket if you go to the box office before the game

Still not as cool as a season ticket filled booklet

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Feels like there's more flexibility with the roster than usual so excited to see how everything shakes out.

There's probably like 3-4 forward spots that are open for the taking so hopefully there's some good competition
Definitely a lot of things to be sorted out in camp. Who plays on the top line, the D pairings, who are the final 2-3 players to make the team. Who plays on PP1. Hopefully its a good camp.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Definitely a lot of things to be sorted out in camp. Who plays on the top line, the D pairings, who are the final 2-3 players to make the team. Who plays on PP1. Hopefully its a good camp.
You're sounding like you've never experienced a tour Camp Sullivan if you think any of that will be sorted

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Shit I'd be excited for any reason to meet Sid.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Crosby personally logged the family into the site and printed out their barcodes

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Should we read into anything that Rust is with Sid lol? Also, Yager is gonna so play with Sid!

Update: it was neither Yager, Pitlick nor Nylander in line drills with Crosby-Rust, but veteran Vinnie Hinostroza on Day 1. For the other team, Andreas Johnsson got work with Malkin and Reilly Smith.

Last edited:
Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Sloppy Geno lol…

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I know Emp's intrigued by Johnsson's potential to bounce back and be a guy who can make an impact in the top-9. Hope that pans out cuz man, if anybody in the top-6 gets hurt for a significant amount of time--particularly at center--it's gonna be rough.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
From what I reading in the tweets and the blogs, the lack of finishing from this team is going to be really special…we might even get ranked #33 out of 32 teams if that’s possible

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Leaving aside all the evaluations and cynicism for just a moment, I have to admit, this is the most excited I've been for a Pens season to start since, well, 2017.

I don't have grandiose expectations for the season, but I am hoping for the games to be fun to watch again!

Every once in a while, it's good to just unleash the inner child and revel in it for a bit :)

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Leaving aside all the evaluations and cynicism for just a moment, I have to admit, this is the most excited I've been for a Pens season to start since, well, 2017.

I don't have grandiose expectations for the season, but I am hoping for the games to be fun to watch again!

Every once in a while, it's good to just unleash the inner child and revel in it for a bit :)
There’s the players (excitement!) and then there’s the veteran-loving coach (buzzkill) lol

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I'd be a lot more excited if they had clean housed on this absolutely wretched coaching staff.

How you can tank the powerplay penalty kill and miss the playoffs because you can't beat Chicago and Columbus and still be celebrated as a genius is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad