Series Talk: Pens (1) vs. Isles (4) - 1st round

Status
Not open for further replies.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Honestly the great equalizer is how they call the games too... I’m sure the nhl hierarchy are planning some stupid attempt to bring back thecdead puck era these playoffs... they just got a tv contract that they have to screw up the ratings for somehow

Reactions: wgknestrick

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
We'll see if Sullivan has any answers for Trotz this time around.

0 for 2 in the last 2 attempts.

Trotz is only dangerous if they put his head in goal because you can't score on that.

Barzal and Eberle basically will them to win against us on 16 shots. I feel good about this series in 6. They are not a deep team that has huge problems scoring.

I hope Wilson runs reckless against BOS and takes out a couple before we (hopefully) see them. I don't see WSH advancing at all.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Boston and Washington on Saturday. I bet we are Sunday.

Wow. Surprised they are forging ahead even though Vancouver plays into next week. Would like to catch one of their games for the sheer amount of uninterested parties both on the ice and in the stands.

Wonder what it would feel like playing a meaningless game while the rest of the league is either home or playing in the playoffs.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Barry Trotz does have a history with the Penguin

Nashville-Barry-Trotz.png

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Including the 1993 heartbreaker the Isles are 4-1 all time series vs us. One of the series were in the Isles 80s heyday and another back in 1975

Last edited:
Reactions: farscape1

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
doesnt matter... our speed to the puck is way better.... we don’t need to just play for breakaways to play fast....

We play passive defense too. I worry that we get stuck in our own zone and they just get lucky with point shots and then shut us down.

If we can get the first goal 4 times I like our chances, but if we get behind we aren't good at generating lots of chances.

Reactions: Andy99

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
No excuses this time. Not gonna be easy, but there was no better scenario than this one. Pens are so much more talented. They have the home ice. They dominated them in the regular season. They are in a much better form than the Isles too. And they are almost 100% healthy going into this series. Not a gimme, but NO EXCUSES really.

Also, I love the Caps vs Bruins series. Love it.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Think one has to be pretty ecstatic with how the matchups turned out this year.

Not to sound arrogant because I've been pretty pessimistic the last couple years, but matchup wise it's just plain obvious the Islanders are the better option compared to Boston, and we got while also achieving the best possible seed going forward should they make it out of the divisional rounds. Let the Caps and Bruins injure each other for 7 games, best case scenario for us health wise.

Islanders won't be an easy out, but the Pens should mentally be prepared for them this go around considering what happened 2 years ago.

All in all pretty damn satisfied with what the team accomplished this year, especially after what it looked like coming into it. Well deserved props to the organization.

Hopefully they keep it rolling in the playoffs.

Lets go Pens.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Isles in 6.

Agree this is the best matchup for them. Agree we have the edge in mostly everything. But they’ve peed down their own legs the last two years, so they’re gonna have to do something to regain my trust. Not that they care about my trust.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Including the 1993 heartbreaker the Isles are 4-1 all time series vs us. Some of the series were in the Isles 80s heyday
Also the one series they actually did win in 2012-13 was way harder than it should’ve been.

Anyway we can cherry pick numbers to fit either our optimistic or pessimistic narratives, but the Pens have lost 11 of their last 13 playoff games with 8 of 9 of those coming against Trotz coached teams.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA