Post-Game Talk: Penguins VS Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Haven't watched much the Caps this season. Just watched the highlights for the tonight's game. Had no clue that Martin Fehervary kills penalties (he scored shorty). This is so exciting to get a such impactful player from the system. The future suddenly looks good.

Our "kids" from the system has really stood up! They have really outperformed the expectations and this might even furthermore extend our "Ovie-Window" with a year or two.

Its easy for guys who have been calling for "getting younger" for years to now bath on the moonlight, but for me this actually shows we have done remarkably good job on raising the "kids" inside the system and that Laviolette actually handles them very good, and not rushing them up and forcing them too much of exposure before they are ready for it.

But still- AFJ & Leason both look like legit bottom6ers for NHL and Protas is in the mix too. CMM and Fehervary are here to stay, and perform. Vanecek still keeps on growing. And then theres Lapierre and AA still waiting their turn for next year. Great times.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Well, to be fair, he was supposed to be our 2 (or 3). Was 2 (or 3) in Seattle too. So to me he is still exceeding expectations. I’m more pissed that Sammy can’t become number one, but VV is outplaying him.
No argument there. Sammy looks like a 1st round bust. His mental game is so off and it's a shame because he has all the tools to be a #1 goalie. Scott "The Fraud" Murray is not getting the most out of him. My goalie gut tells me, if Sammy had a legit NHL goalie coach, his game could be turned around to be a far better goalie then he currently is.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Some Pens fans now on their board saying Ovie is on PEDs because he’s Russian. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
and Kuzy on Cock. I wish they give whatever they take to Samsonov.

watching the game now: Fehervary with a shorty and TVR making a pass to Ovie by using the boards which resulted to 2nd goal. So glad that the old and slow pylons Dilon and Chara are gone.

Also Axel Jonsson-Fjallby made a great play at the beginning of the 3rd. If he scored, that would be a pretty goal. Even the Pens homer commentators were impressed by his play. Thank god that Sabres are bad at evaluating talent and placed him on the wavers.

Last edited:

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Hey guys, nice game! Unfortunately the experience was a bit ruined for me due to a lot of technical issues. Some frames were left out, a lot of test image colours and just a ton of stuttering.

Im watching from across the pond so just curious if im the onlyone experiencing this?

Reactions: fniss

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I’ve seen it mentioned quite a few times and more recently in their “Around the NHL” thread.

Guess they need a new narrative to discredit Ovechkin.

Whatever, I take it as a compliment.

That’s what happens when you can’t explain why #8 is still so f***ing good while #71 spends a lot of his time on the sidelines and looks like crap when he plays.

Their guy is a hockey player, ours is a Russian Machine ;)

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
V shouldn't have got a star. When you blowout your opponent 6-1, the goalie shouldn't be getting a star unless they made something like 40+ saves.
Not sure how Vanecek was a star. He didn't get tested very often. He made a couple of good saves. Otherwise it was a fairly easy night. I didn't think he was controlling his rebounds very well but our defense was able to retrieve them all.
The Pens had very few high danger chances.
Vanecek was fine in this game but he wasn't a star.

Jun 15, 2007
You really think he would be taking steroids as bad as he wants a gold medal with the Olympics months away with their strict testing…

I mean, Russia has literally been banned from the Olympics for doping too much. So not the strongest argument.

My opinion is this: I don't care. If Ovechkin is doping then he isn't the only one.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Lavi's usage (by period) of Leason/Protas did a reverse, usually it's regular shifts 1st pd...

1st pd Leason/Protas didn't get a shift until after 9:00 mark (except a 16 sec. shift for Protas)
2nd pd. was light too (esp. Leason) until the 3-1 goal then the rest of the game they all got regular shifts

Leason the only Cap under 10m (9:32)
Protas 12:17
Axel F 12:34
McMic 12:10
Sprong 11:23

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
That reminds me. Hope Sprong is ok. He took a pretty nasty puck to the face.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
That reminds me. Hope Sprong is ok. He took a pretty nasty puck to the face.
there wasn't any blood to clean up on ice but they didn't show any close up replay either, couldn't tell if it was anything bad
it was last minute of game too so he just took off to locker room, wonder if post-game presser anyone asked

Reactions: tenken00

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
and Kuzy on Cock. I wish they give whatever they take to Samsonov.

watching the game now: Fehervary with a shorty and TVR making a pass to Ovie by using the boards which resulted to 2nd goal. So glad that the old and slow pylons Dilon and Chara are gone.

Also Axel Jonsson-Fjallby made a great play at the beginning of the 3rd. If he scored, that would be a pretty goal. Even the Pens homer commentators were impressed by his play. Thank god that Sabres are bad at evaluating talent and placed him on the wavers.
Interesting take (typo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad