Post-Game Talk: Penguins VS Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Agreed. I’m looking forward to Corey S’ workbooks to become available this year to confirm my eyeballs with numbers, but my read is that the defense corps is doing a much better job at breaking out without the center hanging low for outlet passes. This lets them hit the neutral zone with speed and support, creating options on the zone entry. It also allows for the center to be part of the attack much earlier, and opens up the possibility for the plays like Kuznetsov splitting the defense (as he’s done a lot more this season). Having a much more mobile and puck capable blue line is making a world of difference.
That’s why I don’t get too upset that sometimes we have a little trouble clearing the front of the crease. I will gladly make that trade off to have a much more mobile and puck moving d corps.

Reactions: Drakon and Hivemind

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Hathaway has broken out on his new line. I wonder if it was Dowd or Hagelins fault. My guts telling me Hagelin.

I honestly think breaking up the all kid line was a brilliant move by Lavi. The youthful energy that each kid has brought to the bottom 3 lines has been infectious.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Hathaway has broken out on his new line. I wonder if it was Dowd or Hagelins fault. My guts telling me Hagelin.
I’m not going to overreact or blame players for it, especially given that it’s a 2 game sample size for Hathaway popping off. But it does justify an eye roll at the “oh my god, you can’t possibly split up or get rid of any member of the 4th line!” crowd from this past offseason.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Whenever I go to Caps practices I am always amazed at how impressive Hathaways shot is and also how bad Hagelins is lol. Sprong also has a f***ing rocket. But it does not surprise me that Hathaway can be competent on more than just one line.

Reactions: troyerlaw

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Whenever I go to Caps practices I am always amazed at how impressive Hathaways shot is and also how bad Hagelins is lol. Sprong also has a f***ing rocket. But it does not surprise me that Hathaway can be competent on more than just one line.
Also, when you see kuzy slapshot. His one timer is so good. I think he’s at his best when he just lets loose/doesn’t overthink things.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Also, the absolute perfect click bait thread title on the main boards. Props to you sir. Getting people to see something “sneaky” and then you getting those people to push the dirty narrative. Cheers to you! Impressive.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Also, the absolute perfect click bait thread title on the main boards. Props to you sir. Getting people to see something “sneaky” and then you getting those people to push the dirty narrative. Cheers to you! Impressive.
Hahaha I couldn’t resist it. Sure I’m being a little petty but that’s what internet forums are for right?

Reactions: SpinningEdge

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Good lord your hate for Vitek runs deep
I play goalie and I'm a big NHL goalie fan. So I compare him to all the other #1 goalies for their respective teams. V is not a #1 goalie. He would be a backup goalie on most NHL teams and even in the AHL with some NHL teams. There is a big reason he is only paid $716k, which is still considered below the NHL minimum salary.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I play goalie and I'm a big NHL goalie fan. So I compare him to all the other #1 goalies for their respective teams. V is not a #1 goalie. He would be a backup goalie on most NHL teams and even in the AHL with some NHL teams. There is a big reason he is only paid $716k, which is still considered below the NHL minimum salary.
Well, to be fair, he was supposed to be our 2 (or 3). Was 2 (or 3) in Seattle too. So to me he is still exceeding expectations. I’m more pissed that Sammy can’t become number one, but VV is outplaying him.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
V shouldn't have got a star. When you blowout your opponent 6-1, the goalie shouldn't be getting a star unless they made something like 40+ saves.

tenor.gif

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010

Hags is an offensive black hole. Ovie tee'd it up for him tonight, still no goals.

Reactions: um

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Haven't watched much the Caps this season. Just watched the highlights for the tonight's game. Had no clue that Martin Fehervary kills penalties (he scored shorty). This is so exciting to get a such impactful player from the system. The future suddenly looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad