GDT: Penguins visit the Canes - 7PM

lettuceAA

Dec 16, 2010
:laugh: We look awful against a team that's gonna be vying for the rights to Matthews in 6 months.

"Bruh, it's just pre-season." Yep, and it's gonna get worse.

This team better score 4-5 goals a game, cuz our defense is about as air-tight as a screen door.

Jon Sim was a pre season legend and tore it up.

Just a huge LOL at your post.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Scuderi, offensive zone draw after an icing.

If anyone had told me that Michel Therrien would be the best bench boss Sid played for in the NHL, I'd have told him he was on drugs. Alas, I'd have been wrong for doing so.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Scuderi, offensive zone draw after an icing.

If anyone had told me that Michel Therrien would be the best bench boss Sid played for in the NHL, I'd have told him he was on drugs. Alas, I'd have been wrong for doing so.

That happened many times last season.

Offensive zone starts I guess...?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Anyway, as I was saying about the lines. I'd still try Perron-MH and Plotnikov-CK, Kunitz being good for him still isn't amazing and I think we've been seeing the lack of creativity on the wing.

The line changes have been crap for a long time.

Vent, Perron, vent.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
That's a scrum brought on by a couple of weeks of being coached by Johnston and Tocchet.

Knowing you're the best LW on the team, but will be playing bottom-6 RW sucks. Knowing it's gonna cost you millions after the inevitable poor performance in a contract year? Yeah, I'd be ****ing pissed too.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I'd like someone to track the success rate of Scuderi to Dupuis breakout passes.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
You can LOL all you want. We're all gonna be frustrated and depressed together throughout the season.

That might very well be the case (this board has basically become a chronic depression support group) but that's probably not related to some preseason results.

I've closely followed many seasons of pro sports across several different sports on various continents and the only universally truth that applies for all the sports and all the leagues in all the countries is that preseason results are completely irrelevant, no matter if they're positive or negative. And that's especially true for North American sports with their training camp concept and huge rosters. So I really wouldn't lose sleep over that.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Would've loved to see Sprong there with Geno on the 4-on-4. But alas, can't take any chances in the preseason.

Unless he just was just on for a shift. I missed the last couple mins.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
That's a scrum brought on by a couple of weeks of being coached by Johnston and Tocchet.

Knowing you're the best LW on the team, but will be playing bottom-6 RW sucks. Knowing it's gonna cost you millions after the inevitable poor performance in a contract year? Yeah, I'd be ****ing pissed too.

Who knew the Stanley Cup hangover from 2009 could last this long?

lettuceAA

Dec 16, 2010
You can LOL all you want. We're all gonna be frustrated and depressed together throughout the season.

It's hockey... I cheer for the pens and enjoy watching them, but don't scream the world is ending whenever they have a bad game, especially in the preseason.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Would've loved to see Sprong there with Geno on the 4-on-4. But alas, can't take any chances in the preseason.

Unless he just was just on for a shift. I missed the last couple mins.

No, you'll know when the Sprong shift with Malkin is coming. Hell will freeze over moments before.

EDIT: Seriously, give with kid one ******* shift with Sid or Geno.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad