Speculation: Penguins off day talk thread: Yes, Sully is still the coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Never ceases to amaze me how long it takes to evaluate their injuries.
Probably a case of swelling needing to go down to get full imaging to determine the extent that he'll be out or simply needing to wait a day or two just to have someone available to do the proper imaging.

Last edited:

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Just dropped over $500 for the game on Saturday. Kept humming and hawing about it since September. Flames made the lovely choice of retiring Kippers jersey that night, ticket prices are more than double what they normally are. Ended up deciding to go for two reasons, Kipper was awesome and the ceremony will be worth it and I wont be able to see Sid play live for much longer. Complain about this team/coach all you want, but we will miss this era all too soon.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Just dropped over $500 for the game on Saturday. Kept humming and hawing about it since September. Flames made the lovely choice of retiring Kippers jersey that night, ticket prices are more than double what they normally are. Ended up deciding to go for two reasons, Kipper was awesome and the ceremony will be worth it and I wont be able to see Sid play live for much longer. Complain about this team/coach all you want, but we will miss this era all too soon.

At least you'll have a decent memory of the retirement ceremony ... it will be more memorable than the inevitable lackluster display the Pens put on.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
From Josh Yohe's piece for The Athletic, about most likely players to be dealt on the TDL:

"Jansen HarkinsThere is some talent there, but he’s not on anyone’s radar."

:laugh::laugh:

Has Yohe always been such a joke or has it been getting worse lately? I mean, he's a Pens beat writer so he immediately has no credibility at all but it feels like he's been carrying even more water than usual lately.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Has Yohe always been such a joke or has it been getting worse lately? I mean, he's a Pens beat writer so he immediately has no credibility at all but it feels like he's been carrying even more water than usual lately.
there is only so much you can write about this so-called team. if it's your job to come up with something on a constant basis it could be hard, just look at our topics.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

His dad is running out of excuses even with his most ardent supporters. So he's gotta dial up the stupid a few notches to drown that out a little.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I've liked Yohe and Rossi more than most on here, but Yohe's insight and opinions haven't been good at all this year.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
From Josh Yohe's piece for The Athletic, about most likely players to be dealt on the TDL:

"Jansen HarkinsThere is some talent there, but he’s not on anyone’s radar."

:laugh::laugh:
If anyone still doubted Yohe's hockey knowledge, this is yet further evidence he's a dolt.

Serious question: DOES Yohe even know anything about hockey? Or was he simply a "sports writer" who happened to get the short stick and got hockey assignments even though he's never seen the sport prior to his hiring?

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
lol. "Has some skill."

I played juniors on a bad team. I was also a bad player. One month, we actually put together a five or six-game winning streak, and it was the third and fourth lines miraculously gelling for a bit that made it happen.

Toward the end of the streak, after I had a two-goal game, I walked by my coach talking to a reporter, saying: "Our top players haven't been scoring. It's our other guys who are... also good... who are producing."

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
I've liked Yohe and Rossi more than most on here, but Yohe's insight and opinions haven't been good at all this year.

"This year"?

was he simply a "sports writer" who happened to get the short stick and got hockey assignments even though he's never seen the sport prior to his hiring?

Correct. Sadly pretty much every hockey beat writer ever in the city has had no real knowledge of the sport.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Jansen Harkins is the younger, less productive version of Craig Adams. The fact is, he has no business on an NHL roster. At least with us.

He doesn't even PK, don't understand why Sully has become so enamoured with him. He had a stretch of 4 games in his second call up where he was laying the body pretty well on the forecheck but ever since then he's been super vanilla.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
How the f*** does Rust get hurt so much? He doesn't even play a robust game. Rust's play style (especially since he started being used in the top six) should see him basically a lock for 80 games every season.

I dunno but it always seems to happen right when he starts to get back on track to being the kind of player that produces numbers that befit a guy who is stapled next to Crosby and the top powerplay unit all season. So that's super cool.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad