GDT: Penguins @ MTL | Let's get ready to Crumble! | Mar. 15, 2018 7:30pm ET, TSN2 RDS 690AM 98.5FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Check out Lundqvist adding a condiment as he's passing by. :laugh:

$

This could be something Niemi should envisage, if the opportunity presents itself ...

Last edited:

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I'm going to say it:

So the coach at today's practice says he likes what he's seeing from Drouin at center lately and that's why as a coach he always keeps his options open and doesn't close the door on a player being able to play a position, such as center.
So we have DLR as our 2nd line center and Logan Shaw as our 3rd line center. Do either of those players have any possibility of being in those roles in the future? No.

WHY ARE WE NOT TRYING GALCHENYUK AT CENTER????????????

Byron Drouin Gallagher
Scherbak Galchenyuk Hudon/Lehkonen
Carr Froese Lehkonen/Hudon
L. Shaw DLR Deslaurier

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I'm going to say it:

So the coach at today's practice says he likes what he's seeing from Drouin at center lately and that's why as a coach he always keeps his options open and doesn't close the door on a player being able to play a position, such as center.
So we have DLR as our 2nd line center and Logan Shaw as our 3rd line center. Do either of those players have any possibility of being in those roles in the future? No.

WHY ARE WE NOT TRYING GALCHENYUK AT CENTER????????????

Byron Drouin Gallagher
Scherbak Galchenyuk Hudon/Lehkonen
Carr Froese Lehkonen/Hudon
L. Shaw DLR Deslaurier
The quicker you accept that Galchenyuk will not be a centre, the better it will be for you.....just accept it, move on, have a whiskey :)

Don’t make sense of it, just accept the way you’ve accepted that the government takes 30% of your pay for tax, and another 15% on goods, and another 6k on house tax

Reactions: Deebs

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The quicker you accept that Galchenyuk will not be a centre, the better it will be for you.....just accept it, move on, have a whiskey :)

OK, which one? Might as well have a few suggestions before the game starts. Have plenty of time to make it to SAQ.

Reactions: groovejuice

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
lmao Drouin sucks so bad at center. Insinuating anything else is just coddling at this point. Stop treating this guy likes he's the second coming and maybe he will actually decide to put in a decent effort once in a while. Where's the incentive for him to actually give a shit and start putting in the work if he is never reprimanded for his consistent sucking?

We need this kid to be a difference maker on this team. Cutting out the coddling and just playing him at his natural position puts him in a position to do that, and he won't come anywhere close to his potential playing in a position that he is obviously not comfortable/effective at.

Now, onto something that actually matters; Nice GDT Groove. MB and Molson have definitely perfected the art of organizational destruction.

Last edited:

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013

Don’t make sense of it, just accept the way you’ve accepted that the government takes 30% of your pay for tax, and another 15% on goods, and another 6k on house tax

The only thing to accept is that Bergevin is the GM and Julien is the coach. Once this changes, Galchenyuk should get a shot at center.

But is just accepting Bergevin as GM really possible?

Reactions: Runner77

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
If anyone has seen a Habs lineup for tonight, please let me know and I'll update the GDT. Thanks

Edit: Found a lineup. Can't vouch for it's accuracy.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Julien's head is so far up Bergevins ass that he can almost see Molsons ass.

Too bad Julien is not digging in a little more. Just passed Molson's ass is a Habs condo project.

Last edited:

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Do you have a link to that quote? I'm also looking for a link to the video of the one I've seen where he said Morgan Reilly is a true stud defenseman that you never trade, but Subban and Markov are not.

I want to get these quotes out there.

The Reilly quote is from his interview with Bobby Mac at the beginning of the season.
The center things... it was early during the off-season, probably the postmortem presser (but definitely before trading for Drouin)... It's kinda hard to keep track of every stupid things he says since it happen every time he open his month.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
:laugh::laugh::laugh: they can't honestly think we are that stupid..

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If you wait long enough ... assuming you were even waiting on these. :sarcasm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We are facing yet another number 2 goalie tonight. That's crazy.

All the more reason to play Lindgren.

What is the point of these Romanian games?

What is the coaching staff and management trying to do?

Why is this going on:

TRANSLATION: Difficult to comprehend why Habs don't ask Price and A. Shaw to stay at home for the rest of the season. Both of them suffered head injuries. There is nothing to be gained by bringing them back, even less so given the current state of the team.

It's all about les "mattssss". :sarcasm:

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
It could be a really good game tonight. We could surprise the penguins with our speed. I would be happy if we did, then went back to total tank mode. Then again we could get blown out. I hate Julien's line combinations. DLR as 2nd line center and Logan Shaw as 3rd line C???

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
One caveat. Gallo the Pillow f***er just said that Murray is playing tonight.

Where is he getting this? No confirmation on twitter.

Reactions: groovejuice

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
He’s got a Theodore like glove hand which scares me but he’s still a good young athletic goalie with room to grow. Has a lot to work on technically however and with a 1 way contract, he’ll likely be the backup in the big league.

Grant Fuhr and Jose Theodore are the only right handed goalies that ever impressed me. Maybe it is because there are more left hand shots that they seem to give up more net.

But the one way contract is no guarantee. Winnipeg signed Mason in the offseason, demoting Hutchinson on a one way contract. Lindgren's AHL numbers aren't even that good, so I think if you realistically want to have a competitive team next year, he comes in at #3. Every team needs 3 potential goalies in their system. Niemi is a better backup than Budaj, Condon, or Montoya ever was, and it would be a mistake to promote Lindgren solely on the basis of a one way ontract. Niemi up to date has earned one. Hopefully he takes it from the Habs, who have revitalized his career, even though Bargain Bin might try to find a cheaper solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad