GDT: Penguins@Leafs 7 PM CBC HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Nylander with a winger more on the same level as Matthews gets? Madness! What does Babcock want to try and win this game?? It can not be though, no, how could this be the case with Polak drawing in...

Uncanny

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
Nylander with a winger more on the same level as Matthews gets? Madness! What does Babcock want to try and win this game?? It can not be though, no, how could this be the case with Polak drawing in...

Uncanny

Don't worry the leash will be short, one turnover or GA and the blender will come back out. Marner will probably land back on Kadri's line before the game is half over. I hope not, I really love the Nylander-Marner combo, but Babs hasn't given it enough rope yet.

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
I feel like this game could show why we got Plekanec in a good way. If he's as good defensively as people say, we can match Kadri against Crosby and Pleks against Malkin, which leaves Willy and Mitch to deal with Brassard and Kessel.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I feel like this game could show why we got Plekanec in a good way. If he's as good defensively as people say, we can match Kadri against Crosby and Pleks against Malkin, which leaves Willy and Mitch to deal with Brassard and Kessel.

bozak line plays against their 4th line? and still ends up sucking... :laugh:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Not sure who Babcock will match with but it would be nice to see the Plekanec line justify the cost.

Have to think that is one of the most talented 4th. lines they'll ice this year ... if they play up to their ability and Plekanec isn't done.

Reactions: Rogie

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Man, Babcock’s hatred of Willy is real! Telling the media he has to outplay his opposition like that!!

/sarcasm

Yeah, we're lucky to have a coach like Babcock guiding these young players - - telling them to be responsible - rise to the challenge - (good pro) work as hard as they can.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
**** me Pittsburgh's offence is good. If the Plekanec/Kadri lines can attempt to contain Crosby and Malkin, hopefully Mitch and Willie can tear their defence and bottom 6 to shreds

Reactions: OddyOh

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
This many days off between games is great for resting guys like Andersen and getting Matthews back to 100%, but I think it makes the team really rusty and when you lose and you have another long delay you just stew on it.

If the Leafs lose today they don't play again until Wednesday, which means it'll be nearly 3 weeks since their first win, even though it's only been 5 games.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
can we just break the bozak-jvr combo please

hyman-nylander-marner
marleau-kadri-leivo
jvr-plek-kappy
komarov-bozak-brown

come on babs lets meet in the middle. i won't call you out for having hyman playing top line and polak in line up as long as you break up jvr-bozak combo

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I'm just happy that the Leafs are finally back to playing a game, I hope for a better effort compared to their last game and the bounces can go their way.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
can we just break the bozak-jvr combo please
i won't call you out for having hyman playing top line and polak in line up as long as you break up jvr-bozak combo

I've wanted him to break up JVR and Bozak for a long time... but I feel like we're past the point of no return. They've played together on the same line for years now and probably neither will be back next year. Feels like we gotta ride that combo out for the rest of the year.

Switching Hyman and Marleau would be a massive improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad