GDT: Penguins @ Canadiens|2/3/13 at 7:00EST|Endorsed by Shane Endicott

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I'm positive at least 50% of this board would fire Bylsma and bring back Therrien right now if they had the opportunity.

People would complain about Scotty Bowman on here.

I want Bylsma gone but I would never replace him with Therrien.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
I'm positive at least 50% of this board would fire Bylsma and bring back Therrien right now if they had the opportunity.

People would complain about Scotty Bowman on here.

Lest we forget this is the same franchise that ran Bowman out of town after their first and only president's trophy and a playoff upset.

HotCoffey

Feb 22, 2013
Lol Therrien is now a super coach on this board? You guys do realize he was our last coach right, and we ran him out of town? (Not just our players, but this board hated him too!!) If they fire Disco, as soon as we fail to succeed with the new coach you'll want him back. :laugh:.

Team needs this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agL3NHgb8Rk

Bylsma is constantly outcoached and stands with his arms crossed in disapproval and not much else.

HotCoffey

Feb 22, 2013
you've been in the locker room then?

What's he do on the bench when they give up a garbage goal in his system and they trap the neutral zone and can't make a tape to tape pass let alone get decent possession or scoring chances? Arms crossed, in his shell. Do you think coaching only happens in the locker room?

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
The Habs are going to bore us to death and then sneak a 3-1 victory, old school Therrien style.

To have had Therrien before you guys did, I know what you're talking about. But he really changed his system drastically. Now it's a FOUR man forecheck pretty much all the time. It's exciting, lots of quality chances to score and hockey fever is finally back in Montreal after having Julien, Gainey, Carbonneau and Martin as coaches...

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
What's he do on the bench when they give up a garbage goal in his system and they trap the neutral zone and can't make a tape to tape pass let alone get decent possession or scoring chances? Arms crossed, in his shell. Do you think coaching only happens in the locker room?
no. do you think all coaches should yell and scream on the bench?
No idea but that wasn't what I was addressing.

I know. But I think its something that the "fire Bylsma" camp really should address.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
We don't really have a top 6 without Malkin. We have a first line and two third lines. I have no problem with Bennett on the "third" line

Sorry, but by splitting up Neal and Sid, they are trying to create two top-6 lines. If you're going to do that, it should be 14-87-9, 19-16-18, hut hut, hike.

HotCoffey

Feb 22, 2013
no. do you think all coaches should yell and scream on the bench?

I know. But I think its something that the "fire Bylsma" camp really should address.

Absolutely not, and I don't think we should fire Bylsma. Bylsma's upside is that he's very emotional when the penguins are playing well and he gets fired up when it's time to be tough on the ice, but when real defensive play or breaking down of a system is required he just isn't the same coach on the bench.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
I would just love to hear some detailed analysis on what someone on here would have done and what precisely Bylsma is doing wrong. Instead of just "Bylsma sucks", some actual intelligent hockey analysis and how, exactly, they would counter it. Would be great from some of the armchair coaches here. Pretty sure Cole is the only one who has ever volunteered that kind of in-depth information.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Martin's out? We're ****ed, our powerplay is going to be depressing to watch

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I would just love to hear some detailed analysis on what someone on here would have done and what precisely Bylsma is doing wrong. Instead of just "Bylsma sucks", some actual intelligent hockey analysis and how, exactly, they would counter it. Would be great from some of the armchair coaches here. Pretty sure Cole is the only one who has ever volunteered that kind of in-depth information.

Use the search feature.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Dan Bylsma doesn't even need fired. All he has to do is make adjustments, now if people want him fired over the assumption that he never will make the adjustments, that's fine. But I think he is smart enough to make changes to the defensive structure. I don't know when, but I would let him do that before giving him the boot.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh

I don't like DB but I wouldn't fire DB right now u just can't fire a coach when your in first place. Even if they did fire him I dont think u can expect a coach to come in and install a new system with the limited amount of games and practices pens have left. So i think u gotta give DB rest of year at this point. This might not be the in depth analysis your looking for but here are some of the things that bother me. Team has lacked discipline no accountability questionable lineup decisions just not showing up for some games not being able to protect a lead terrible line matching(our 4th line vs other teams 1st lines)

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I'll be there tonight. I'm expecting nothing but disappoint.

This is a tough spot for Mark Eaton to get back into the NHL. Speedy Habs everywhere up front. Not good.

I assume Tanner Glass is playing tonight? After all, he's indispensable.

Bortuzzo struggled last game, so I don't have a problem with him sitting tonight. Still, Eaton could be in for a long night here.

I can't remember the last time the Habs were tougher than the Pens, but this season they certainly are. Tougher, and harder to play against.

These are no longer Jacques Martin's Habs. I don't have a good feeling about this one.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
Imagine Vokoun is playing since he had something like a 2.30 gaa and .920 save% in his first 5 games, which included appearing in 5 games in about 14 days. He's now in a case of appearing in 3 games in 26 days and has played like crap during that time. Seems like he's obviously not comfortable at this point at not playing much since his garbage play directly coincidences with long stretches of not playing. Was surprised at the time that DB was riding MAF so much despite his MAF's strong play since a big thing this year was lessening the goaltending burden but seems like DB just gave up on that rather early. I mean having MAF playing in 15 (1 relief) games in the first 21 isn't exactly a decreased load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad