GDT: Penguins @ Canadiens|2/3/13 at 7:00EST|Endorsed by Shane Endicott

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotCoffey

Feb 22, 2013
The Habs are going to bore us to death and then sneak a 3-1 victory, old school Therrien style.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Eaton getting 2nd-pairing time with Niskanen ahahahhhahhahahahaha.

Any time you can sign a 35-year old off the street whom no one else in the league wanted, you just have to give him top-4 minutes.

Hate reuniting 14-87-9. But whatever we can do to keep Pascal Dupuis in the top-6, we just gotta do it. Also glad to see Matt Cooke on 2nd Line and Bennett on the 3rd-line. Bylsma knows what's up.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Martin is not with the team, according to the twitter machine.

Niskanen and Letang are on the top PP, Despres on the second PP.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh

Any time you can sign a 35-year old off the street whom no one else in the league wanted, you just have to give him top-4 minutes.

Hate reuniting 14-87-9. But whatever we can do to keep Pascal Dupuis in the top-6, we just gotta do it. Also glad to see Matt Cooke on 2nd Line and Bennett on the 3rd-line. Bylsma knows what's up.

I agree with u on Eaton hes gonna end up playing in our top 6 every game we all know its gonna happen. Despres will be traded or sent back down to AHL. Bort will be the 7th def

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
They'll probably try to send Bortuzzo back through waivers. Its not like they haven't tried something stupid like that before.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh

I can kind of see the logic behind this, I guess if some players refuse to play any defense then there needs to be defensive oriented forwards on the top lines.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
I agree with u on Eaton hes gonna end up playing in our top 6 every game we all know its gonna happen. Despres will be traded or sent back down to AHL. Bort will be the 7th def

I wish I could understand this. maybe Depres is injured?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

As of today, Pascal Dupuis and Matt Cooke are still better NHL players than Beau Bennett.

and if we are interested in seeing what Eaton can do, it makes sense to give him a chance to play to find out.

HotCoffey

Feb 22, 2013
I wish I could understand this. maybe Depres is injured?

Nope, just healthy scratched. I'm not really sure why, it's not as if in-game play is keeping him out of the lineup, or we wouldn't be able to dress many defensemen after the hurricanes game.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
As of today, Pascal Dupuis and Matt Cooke are still better NHL players than Beau Bennett.

and if we are interested in seeing what Eaton can do, it makes sense to give him a chance to play to find out.

Disagree on Matt Cooke. And Bennett hasn't been a liability on the ice (not that Cooke has), so why not give him an opportunity in the top-6 while there's a hole? Not like he hasn't played well enough to deserve a look.

And Vokoun in net.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Disagree on Matt Cooke. And Bennett hasn't been a liability on the ice (not that Cooke has), so why not give him an opportunity in the top-6 while there's a hole? Not like he hasn't played well enough to deserve a look.

And Vokoun in net.

We don't really have a top 6 without Malkin. We have a first line and two third lines. I have no problem with Bennett on the "third" line

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh

And Vokoun in net.

Agree with Bennet, if they're keeping him up then see what he can do with top talent. With the bad losses for Vokoun the entire team was horrible so you really can't write him off yet. Plus for 2 mil they'll probably play him when he is scheduled regardless. IMO that signing was going to end up a failure unless he just absolutely shut out everyone.

shizno*

Feb 28, 2012
Lol Therrien is now a super coach on this board? You guys do realize he was our last coach right, and we ran him out of town? (Not just our players, but this board hated him too!!) If they fire Disco, as soon as we fail to succeed with the new coach you'll want him back. :laugh:.

The way the league is these days we should consider ourselves lucky to win another cup regardless of Crosby/Malkin. Actually, I remember a lot of people said they would be happy just to win it once before we won the last one.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
I'm positive at least 50% of this board would fire Bylsma and bring back Therrien right now if they had the opportunity.

People would complain about Scotty Bowman on here.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Lol Therrien is now a super coach on this board? You guys do realize he was our last coach right, and we ran him out of town? (Not just our players, but this board hated him too!!) If they fire Disco, as soon as we fail to succeed with the new coach you'll want him back. :laugh:.

The way the league is these days we should consider ourselves lucky to win another cup regardless of Crosby/Malkin. Actually, I remember a lot of people said they would be happy just to win it once before we won the last one.

I agree overall, going to back-to-back finals for both franchises in the cap era is something you probably wont see again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad