Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Coyotes 2 - Thank You Geno for Not Making Us Watch OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The weird thing is we've become a boring team to watch. You can say many things about the Pens but boring is rarely something you can accuse the team of.

We're in an awful spot this year: boring and ineffective. But maybe they can build on this win. It wasn't pretty and it was against a crappy team but you have to start somewhere. Nowhere to go but up.

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
Thank god for maatta....if it wasn't for him we'd have either lost in regulation or been going to OT. That play at the end was all him....beauty shot

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Pro: They won a game in which they outplayed the other team, which hasn't been true for a lot of this year.
Con: They barely beat the worst team in hockey.

Pro: They are still only 2 points back while being the worst team in the LEAGUE 5v5.

Me thinks that a team with Crosby, Malkin,Kessel and Guenztel will not continue to be the worst 5v5 team in the sport. The luck will turn for the pens.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Thank god Richardson did not get that loose puck behind Murray or we lose this game in regulation probably 4-2. Imagine we lost to Zona AND were dead last in the division at the same time? THAT is our rock bottom point.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Regarding Reaves, seems like Sully isnt a big fan but is being kept in the line-up due to other factors. I suspect Sully is trying to please Geno and Sid by having Reaves in the line-up but doesnt like/trust him enough to actually play him.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Post game comment...random wikipedia article is about as relevant as anything:

Chitose River (千歳川 Chitose-gawa) is a river in Hokkaidō, Japan. The river is a class A river. In the city of Ebetsu, the river is sometimes known as Ebetsu River (江別川 Ebetsu-gawa).
In the Ainu language Chitose was originally called shikot, meaning big depression or hollow, like Lake Shikotsu a caldera lake. To the Japanese, this sounded too much like dead bones (死骨shikotsu), so it was changed to Chitose.[1] The name of the river was changed in 1805.[2]

Chitose river lake Shikotsu
The Chitose River is the outflow of Lake Shikotsu. From the lake the river flows through a series of power plants owned by the Oji Paper Company. The Chitose River flows through the center of the city of Chitose, before entering the Ishikari Plain. On the plain, the river feeds and is fed by numerous irrigation canals. Here the Chitose River forms part of the border between Ishikari and Sorachi Subprefectures. Finally, the river passes through the city of Ebetsu before it flows into the Ishikari River.

Flooding[edit]

The Chitose River causes flooding damage about every two years, widening to as many as 40 kilometres (25 mi). The last major flood was in 1981, where the river flooded 2700 homes and 20,000 hectares (77 sq mi) of land. National, prefectural, and local governments have been adopting numerous measures to try and reduce the severity of the flooding.[3]

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Thank god Richardson did not get that loose puck behind Murray or we lose this game in regulation probably 4-2. Imagine we lost to Zona AND were dead last in the division at the same time? THAT is our rock bottom point.

Instead we're still 9th but NYR and Isles have 2 points up on us and a game in hand.

We're still in a real bad position frankly because none of the teams above us are going away. Isles have a good young team. Rangers are always competitive, and they already had their annual slide. They got it out of the way early.

Devils seem to keep winning somehow so we can't expect that to stop any time soon. Caps have enough talent to stay in the hunt as well.

We're actually in a position where even if we started playing well we might still be the odd man out. Hope the team realizes that. They need more than just better play. They need to start winning 3 out of 4 and keep doing it for a quite a while until they're in a better spot.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
JR will . . . to let him know he's been traded.
Will it be the right trade, though? I'm sure I'll be informed of the errors in my thinking, but the truth is GMJR's whiffed on just as many as he's gotten right.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Pro: They are still only 2 points back while being the worst team in the LEAGUE 5v5.

Me thinks that a team with Crosby, Malkin,Kessel and Guenztel will not continue to be the worst 5v5 team in the sport. The luck will turn for the pens.

Unless something changes I doubt lady luck will start favouring us again. That's fine though, if we miss playoffs or bow out 1st round we get a looooong rest, the team has earned long rest tbh. JR will have to start really looking at things to change the roster a bit.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Will it be the right trade, though? I'm sure I'll be informed of the errors in my thinking, but the truth is GMJR's whiffed on just as many as he's gotten right.

I think Kirk was mostly joking. JR probably could have traded Sprong many times over by now. That he hasn't still suggests some level of faith in him, though the way the team has looked he might have no choice but to trade Sprong.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Thank god for maatta....if it wasn't for him we'd have either lost in regulation or been going to OT. That play at the end was all him....beauty shot
Geno also helped will us to victory. He just kept moving his legs and would not be denied.

Reactions: DReynolds

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Regarding Reaves, seems like Sully isnt a big fan but is being kept in the line-up due to other factors. I suspect Sully is trying to please Geno and Sid by having Reaves in the line-up but doesnt like/trust him enough to actually play him.[/QUOT
maybe sid, but not geno. geno likes to fight his own battles and is insulted to think he needs someone else to fight for him.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I think Kirk was mostly joking. JR probably could have traded Sprong many times over by now. That he hasn't still suggests some level of faith in him, though the way the team has looked he might have no choice but to trade Sprong.
I'm not so sure that KIRK was joking.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
All wins count, but color me unimpressed that it took a last minute goal to beat the worst team in hockey.

Do your worst, old man JR. Do it.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Well i'm going to play some video games and forget this real bad loss...if Richardson scored! (Sorry, I went full Dan Bylsma).

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Well, that was better. We outplayed them significantly, as we should. I just don´t know what´s going on with our finishing. Making a habit of making every goalie against us look like Vezina finalist.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
The one prospect I do not want traded is Gustavsson. I think he may become a homerun. Anyone follow his progress?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

But they were all in a very short amount of time meaning he corrected as he went along.

I don't think he has made an outright mistake recently other than, Reaves.

The turnover was just a system of the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad